Art thread

Well, can't argue with that logic. :lol:

What is on it? You said "tyre burn", but I dunno what that means. Bad eraser marks?
tire = tyre across the pond... black marks. xD

Maybe you could try lightly going over it with a white colored pencil (lightly so it doesn't make it shiny).

I'm definitely not putting another layer of white paint or Tipp-ex over it. I wouldn't be able to shade over it, like Bio said. That's definitely a risk I'm not taking.

I tried drawing the whole thing again, but the eye didn't turn out so good, so I'm still stuck with the same drawing. I'm going to swoop some hair over the forehead mark to disguise it a bit. The nose one is getting to me the most. I tried stubbing it out. The best thing was rubbing it everywhere with tissue. I'm just going to have to make the skin darker than I normally would. You can still see it, but not too much.

Hooray double post.

Added in some hair to make it look dignified. The nose is still there. I think I'm gonna finish it though.

Excellent. The marks aren't noticible.

From the looks of it, it worked in your favor. Your shading is more controlled and consistent this time.

Yaay. I couldn't find any cotton wool buds around the place for my last Ayumi drawing, so this one is actually blended. =)

Going to finish what you were working on before this thread died out any time soon, Bio?

It's taking a long time since I've been taking a LOT of classes this semester. I'm trying to wait until my semester ends (I have about a week left) so I can have time to really get some serious progress on it.

I have quite a bit left to do, but I'll eventually finish it.

Last edited:
Ayumi will be attended to when I have more patience, because it puts me on edge when I do anything tonal. SHE WILL BE FINISHED. I quite like it. I just needed to draw some colourful distractions.

Xianghua_by_Frogger277.png

Mehehe. Yay.
Ignore the bamboo heading for the skies behind a cloud and the terrible perspective on her cape-thing.

Wowowow. I love it!

You're flawless with your composition and colors. I envy you on that. My favorite parts are how you shaded the lanterns with color instead of just value (black/white) and how you rendered the fan and sweeping water thing that's making a Z shape.

Yeah, the bamboo don't particularly look like they're going back into space like that mass holding the lanterns that is behind the girl. I think the backmost ones needed more "rounded" perspective (I'm thinking of the circle contours) like the lanterns are doing rather than just seeing them directly. Doesn't matter, though. Compositions in this type of Asian style are often not completely correct to perspective anyway, which, I think, is done on purpose to some degree since the compositions are somewhat abstract to begin with.

Anyway, thanks for reviving the thread. I'm still hard at work on my Sakura piece, which I have only recently been able to get some decent time for now that school just ended.

Last edited:
I envy your skill using colour Frogger, that drawing is simply stunning. How long did it take you to do?
Sorry I havn't been around, my damn scanner busted again, once I get a new one I'll be posting work up.

Wowowow. I love it!

You're flawless with your composition and colors. I envy you on that. My favorite parts are how you shaded the lanterns with color instead of just value (black/white) and how you rendered the fan and sweeping water thing that's making a Z shape.

Yeah, the bamboo don't particularly look like they're going back into space like that mass holding the lanterns that is behind the girl. I think the backmost ones needed more "rounded" perspective (I'm thinking of the circle contours) like the lanterns are doing rather than just seeing them directly. Doesn't matter, though. Compositions in this type of Asian style are often not completely correct to perspective anyway, which, I think, is done on purpose to some degree since the compositions are somewhat abstract to begin with.

Anyway, thanks for reviving the thread. I'm still hard at work on my Sakura piece, which I have only recently been able to get some decent time for now that school just ended.

Thank you. It was your picture that made me want to get back into drawing characters from fighting games. ;D

The bit about the lanterns that annoys me are the tassel things. I'm just annoyed about that bamboo. I totally freestyled the background with pen, which I shouldn't have done, but, the clouds at the bottom turned out well. I need to do more in regards to flower study. Without fail, I have to look up something about flowers.

Congrats for school ending, mine goes way until next month. My art course has ended, which is actually the best thing to me because I get to draw what I want. Taking art makes me hate it a bit. I need to build up my portfolio all through next year for university.

I envy your skill using colour Frogger, that drawing is simply stunning. How long did it take you to do?
Sorry I havn't been around, my damn scanner busted again, once I get a new one I'll be posting work up.

It was on and off between times I couldn't sleep, when my boyfriend wasn't and and... when I was eating steak. So yeah, I draw at completely random times. I'd say it took a good few hours out of me though. I didn't use much white pencil, so that was a lot of time cut for me. I usually use white and then re-ink. It's time consuming.

You can buy a pretty cheap scanner from like, Argos, you know. No point getting them repaired. In fact, if it's Lexmark then I suggest that you crucify it.

What are your plans in University Frogger.
Do you know which career your choosing because at the moment I havn't got a clue what I'm doing.

What are your plans in University Frogger.
Do you know which career your choosing because at the moment I havn't got a clue what I'm doing.

Well, there aren't any good universities in this country that are good for art. Unless you're willing to travel to London, which, I am not. Hopefully, Manchester has something decent, because the ones in Manchester are all better than Liverpool. I'd hate to go to John Moore's, but that's probably going to happen. Every art teacher naturally feeds you into that uni, but I just don't want to go. I'm doing a foundation degree in my college now, so basically it's a year off to broaden my portfolio. I don't know what career I want and I have no idea what course I'm taking. Hope that helps. ;)

You did help, cheers:)
My original plan was going to John Moores aswell.
The foundation degree might be a wise thing to do. My portfolio definitly needs improving.

Back