Bad to leave games sitting in the wii when it's off?

wiicanada

WiiChat Member
Nov 23, 2006
My brother was reading his Wii manual, and it says it's not good to leave a disc in the system when its not being used... What the heck is that all about, I mean... The controller has a power button for a reason, so I don't have to get up! Does this mean I have to walk allllll that way to my Wii to take the disc out each time I turn it off, and put the game back in everytime I want to play??? SHATTY DEAL

may have to do because the system is never realy fully off.

wiiconnect24 makes the system run at night or when unused....soo yeahh.

wiicanada said:
My brother was reading his Wii manual, and it says it's not good to leave a disc in the system when its not being used... What the heck is that all about, I mean... The controller has a power button for a reason, so I don't have to get up! Does this mean I have to walk allllll that way to my Wii to take the disc out each time I turn it off, and put the game back in everytime I want to play??? SHATTY DEAL
wait, you mean you dont want to get up to touch your precious wii...:lol:

Considering how bullet proof all nintendo products have been in the past I'm pretty sure that ultimately my system won't kerplode because I leave the game sitting in it.. THe only fear I really have is that either the disc will get scratched somehow by maybe the system being bumped on the desk without it running... or, that maybe when the system is on standby something funky and magnetic is going on that could wreck the CD. Neither of these seem reasonable to me so screw this, I'm gonna ignore nintendo on this one!

I've heard about disks getting warm because of WiiConnect24. When the disk stays in the Wii, WiiConnect is still going on so it kinda heats it up. I don't really think there is much of a risk factor though.

Yea, i turned off my wiiconnect for a few days, havent played it because of school, but i got stuff to do, but when wiiconnect is, my disks get warm or hot...
Well its cool enough now.

I always leave my discs in, most of the time things you see in the manual are just recommendations to be on the safe side.

P.S. I'm surprised you actually read your manual, most people don't and because they don't they go online and ask others stupid questions that are usually in the manual. The perfect term we all know of RTFM (read the ****ing manual)

xbandaidx said:
I always leave my discs in, most of the time things you see in the manual are just recommendations to be on the safe side.

P.S. I'm surprised you actually read your manual, most people don't and because they don't they go online and ask others stupid questions that are usually in the manual. The perfect term we all know of RTFM (read the ****ing manual)

Yah, well if u read my original post I actually didn't read it, it was my brother haha. But since he couldn't find a good reason for it in the manual and he's not a moron I figured that it probably wasn't in there and I might aswell ask you guys! Anywho, sounds like it's not a problem. False alarm everyone!

Back