My Bad Wii Problem

iOwnage

Confiscation of the Mind
Oct 21, 2007
Connecticut
Wii Online Code
8957-2822-1883-9918
Heres the story.

My brother was playing one of our Wii games, Harry Potter 5, and the Wii suddenly froze. It wouldn't turn off so I was forced to unplug it. Then once I plugged it back in, I turned it back on, and it said the disc was unreadable. I took the disc and cleaning it off completely and put it back in. It read the disc, but a few seconds after I pressed the "start" button, it said there's an error and that the disc must be removed and the Wii must be restarted. I did this and the same thing happened. I then tryed 2 other games with the same result. And to go along with this, whenever I insert a disc, take one out, or turn the Wii on it makes a loud buzzing noise.

I was thinking about sending it in to Nintendo but I thought that may be too drastic.

Help.

^great... Does that mean I should send it in?

ive got the same problem my Wii makes a loud buzzing nozie but i can still play the games any thoughts?

@ Luigiman, it depends how much it bugs you if you can still play games. Might be hazardous though so send it in just as a precaution.

The exact same thing happened to our new Wii. It worked fine for a few days, but then made a loud noise and locked up. From then on it wouldn't read either of the two disks we have. It had only been used for about 3 days. I called Nintendo and they arranged an RMA for me. So I dropped it off at Fedex on New Years Eve, and they received it yesterday. It should take 3-4 days to fix and then they'll send it back. I did everything myself and Nintendo could think of, but it would not read disks anymore, so I had to ship it in for repair.

Guy

CygnusX1 said:
The exact same thing happened to our new Wii. It worked fine for a few days, but then made a loud noise and locked up. From then on it wouldn't read either of the two disks we have. It had only been used for about 3 days. I called Nintendo and they arranged an RMA for me. So I dropped it off at Fedex on New Years Eve, and they received it yesterday. It should take 3-4 days to fix and then they'll send it back. I did everything myself and Nintendo could think of, but it would not read disks anymore, so I had to ship it in for repair.

Guy
I had the same problem also - worked for a few days and then the "Disc Cannot Be Read" errors became more frequent - even with new games. I sent it back on Thursday so hopefully we'll have a working Wii in a week or two. Just out of curiosity, when did you buy yours? We bought it in September as a Christmas present for our daughter. Maybe there was a batch of defective units manufactured around the same time?

i got mine around the start of december, but im in australia and idk if that would make a difference....

if your going get a wii buy the warrenty along with it thats what im doing so if my wii goes retarded then i use the warrenty its only like 30$

same thing happen 2 me i was playing pro street and it froze so i had 2 unplug it and then it didnt read anything soo my popz sent it 2 nintendo and they fixed it free of charge<!

Defragged said:
I had the same problem also - worked for a few days and then the "Disc Cannot Be Read" errors became more frequent - even with new games. I sent it back on Thursday so hopefully we'll have a working Wii in a week or two. Just out of curiosity, when did you buy yours? We bought it in September as a Christmas present for our daughter. Maybe there was a batch of defective units manufactured around the same time?

That is certainly a possibility. We bought ours on October 9, 2007 and gave it to our kids as a Christmas present.

Guy

Back