Error message on reading disc

turkmenbas

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2007
Have heard so much about wii and so decided to buy one. REceived it today, installed it and turned it on but as soon as you point to disc(sports) it just crashes saying error has occured, remove disc and turn off power then restart. Everytine I restart it just does exactly the same. Disc is obviously new and came with console.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Make sure the disc is being put in the right way :D
Other than that Send it back, Obviously broken
Check your cables are everything first

happened to me when i first got my wii too, call up nintendo and theyll ship you out a new one

^ it's wii sports.

anyways.. make sure the disc is put in the right way.

Also, try unplugging everything and replugging it back in

It happened to me, instead of calling nintendo I returned my wii and got another one.

Um my neighbor had this problem. She had the Wii setup upside down (and therefore was inserting the disc in upside down). She assumed because one side of the front angles, that it must be the top (like the top front slopes downward when the system is setup horizontally) and because "Wii" is written for vertical setup so that didn't clarify her mistake.

Disc read error fix

I had the same problem, I was getting an error message saying something like "unable to read disc. Eject disc, turn power off and refer to the Wii manual for troubleshooting.

I took the Wii to Nintendo for repair and they fixed it in 5 minutes. Turns out this is a common problem and is usually caused by somebody (in my case, my 3 year old son) trying to put in a disc when there is already one in the machine. It bent back a couple of tabs that then contacted the discs when they were trying to be read.

Let me rave for a minute about Nintendo customer service. I am fortunate enough to live within driving distance of HQ. I took my Wii in, with no paperwork, receipts, proof of purchase or anything. They scanned it in, discovered that I purchased it less than a year ago (therefore still under manufacturer's warranty) and repaired it while I waited. There was no charge, even though, technically, it was physically damaged by my actions. The best part? The warranty reset when I left the facility, so if something goes wrong again within the next year, I will be able to go in and have it fixed or replaced again. This is why, whenever a new generation of consoles comes along, I will always look at Nintendo first!!

Back