When I try to play this game. (An error has occurred)

Waqas45

WiiChat Member
Sep 4, 2012
Bay Shore NY
Wii Online Code
4807-3165-4204-1923
I got Mario Galexy 2 and it comes up on the wii menu, but I click to play, after a few seconds it says the following error. "An error has occurred. Press the eject button, reomve the game disc, and turn of the power to the console. Please read the Wii operation manual for futher instructions."

Now Every other game works, it's just this one, when that error comes up, and it has no scratches.

Either you're wii isn't up to date in firmware (Which is 4.3) or your Galaxy 2 disc is damaged in some way or another.
If none of that stuff is the case then the only other thing I can think of is your Wii is homebrewed and yeah talk like that isn't allowed here so sorry.

How can I check if my wii is on the latest firmware,and it's really wired because my wii sports game and Super smash bros games fine. It is just when I insert the game, it says error, and my Wii is new. do you think I should clean the disc? When I press start then the controller tip comes, up after that the fan stops running and the error pops up.

Watch this video.
[video=youtube;c-LIM_o_i4I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-LIM_o_i4I[/video]

Also forgot to mention that it might be your Wii's LENS that might be causing the disc read error but then again you said some of your other games work fine...
Just try cleaning Galaxy 2 again and clean it good. Don't forget to check your Wii's Firmware (which should be on 4.3)

I also received a disc read error with a couple of my games. Others disks worked fine. Online searches suggested cleaning the lens which I did with no improvement. My console lays horizontal because of the height of the cabinet it is in. One suggestion was to rotate the console. In their case their console was vertical and they rotated it horizontally. I did the opposite... And crazy as it sounds, it started working!!! I rotated it back horizontal afterwards so it would fit back into my cabinet and it has continues to work fine. This is easy enough. Give it a try. It worked for me.

I also received a disc read error with a couple of my games. Others disks worked fine. Online searches suggested cleaning the lens which I did with no improvement. My console lays horizontal because of the height of the cabinet it is in. One suggestion was to rotate the console. In their case their console was vertical and they rotated it horizontally. I did the opposite... And crazy as it sounds, it started working!!! I rotated it back horizontal afterwards so it would fit back into my cabinet and it has continues to work fine. This is easy enough. Give it a try. It worked for me.
hahaha would try this rotating cure if this happen to mine. Thanks mate!:D

Back