Wigan Athletic v Portsmouth
Fulham v Derby County
Manchester City v Birmingham
Middlesbrough v Chelsea
Arsenal v Bolton
Aston Villa v Man Utd
Sun 21st October 2007
West Ham v Sunderland​

OH MY GAWD, You're speaking my language!

My team is Man United, And currently they are on good form...looking like they have forgotten that shaky start! :D

Arsenal are looking surprisingly strong despite the loss of Thierry Henry. Who said they were a one man team?

Disappointed with Liverpool, started off fantastically..but waned dramatically by their standards, and to be honest I think Benitez is somewhat to blame for this.

Chelsea...Well what can i say but LOL.

This years surprise package so far, though i dread to say it, is Manchester City. That man Sven has made them into a force to be reckoned with it seems, If only he was still England manager and not that McClown fella.

then congratulation for beating Midlesbrough 4-1 it was a good match 4 Tevez and Roonie

Sunday BIG MATCH :-

Arsenal.png
VS
20070522-liverpool.png

ended 1-1 and that sucks

Last edited:
I think this season is gonna be real close .
Arsenal and ManU are both on top form , chelsea are starting to pick up and some of thier key players performing well . Sadly Liverpool seem to be coming apart a little , I really hope they qualify in thier champs league group ! Doubt they will now though .
I know its still early on but I think its gonna be a close 3 horse race between arsenal , chelsea
+ man u

@stumped : so who dyou think should replace mcclaren(assuming we dont qualify) ? How bout sven!

Id hate to see Mourhinio(however u spell it) as England boss , he would pick lamps over gerrard and that would be sacrelige

My team is West Ham...only because of Freddie Ljungberg, who is all kinds of Swedish sexiness. I don't actually like sports, but I watch his games when I can :pP

Kinda mad that Arsenal scored in pretty much the last minute... :mad5: Was hoping United would win this game... Hope Arsenal loses their next game against Reading, I think.

I havent liked Arsenal for years , dont get me wrong , I enjoy thier football and I like Wenger its just that I like sides with prominent English players in them , which Arsenal have lacked somewhat . However young theo is shaping up nicely so I am again slowly starting to warm to them .
Im an England fan first and foremost then I support the English sides in European (etc) competitions

el-zilcho said:
I havent liked Arsenal for years , dont get me wrong , I enjoy thier football and I like Wenger its just that I like sides with prominent English players in them , which Arsenal have lacked somewhat . However young theo is shaping up nicely so I am again slowly starting to warm to them .
Im an England fan first and foremost then I support the English sides in European (etc) competitions

That is exactly the same reason I don't like Arsenal... And I don't care much about Walcott.

How the hell did I miss this thread when it first started??

surfinrach90 said:
...so what's wrong with Chelsea?
I think he was referring to the start that they made, but they've turned it around now somewhat.

el-zilcho said:
I havent liked Arsenal for years , dont get me wrong , I enjoy thier football and I like Wenger its just that I like sides with prominent English players in them , which Arsenal have lacked somewhat . However young theo is shaping up nicely so I am again slowly starting to warm to them.
I love Arsenal! I don't care about teams having prominent English players in them, because I don't think it's fair for a team, especially a top team, to have to sacrifice quality in order to get an English player. There simply aren't enough good English players for the top sides to buy, so they have to look elsewhere! But these foreigners improve the English game, and help the young talent that is coming through.

As for England, I'm a Liverpool first and foremost and then an England fan. I'd rather see Liverpool win the League than England win the World Cup. I also don't support English clubs in Europe, other than obviously Liverpool, however after Liverpool I'd like to see Arsenal do well, but there are still teams who I'd rather see win it, like Real Madrid or Milan. If another English team won the Champions League I'd hate the media buzzing off them all day every day. And in the Uefa Cup I don't care about the English teams to be honest, of course it wouldn't be bad if one won it, but I'm not too bothered - as long as Everton don't win it, but we all know that's not going to happen!

StumpedV.2 said:
Disappointed with Liverpool, started off fantastically..but waned dramatically by their standards, and to be honest I think Benitez is somewhat to blame for this.
Hmm I wouldn't personally blame Benitez, as he undoubtedly a master tactician, one of the best in the business. He has every angle covered in every game. I think it's simply that the players haven't been performing on the pitch, plus a few key injuries. If you look at the players who have played in the disappointing games, you would have to agree that there has been enough quality there to win the game.

This years surprise package so far, though i dread to say it, is Manchester City. That man Sven has made them into a force to be reckoned with it seems, If only he was still England manager and not that McClown fella.

I think the players have to take as much credit as Sven for Man City's early success. Of course Sven has brought them in, trained them, and directed them, but at the end of the day it's down to the players to gel with each other and produce the goods on the pitch, which is certainly what they have done.

Note: Elano is awesome.

el-zilcho said:
so who dyou think should replace mcclaren(assuming we dont qualify) ? How bout sven!

Id hate to see Mourhinio(however u spell it) as England boss , he would pick lamps over gerrard and that would be sacrelige
First thing's first. Get McClaren out. He is a joke. I've been saying it from day one! If we qualify then it wasn't down to him, it's down to Israel helping us! But if we don't qualify, then you have to blame McClaren for a poor, poor team selection. Of course some players are to blame as well, e.g. Lampard, for being useless, but McClaren just isn't the right man for the job.
I would LOVE to see 'The Special One' take the England job! I could see him bringing us success. I do not believe that he would simply choose Lampard over Gerrard, as I think he knows Gerrard is better. Remember he was dying to sign him for Chelsea? Mourinho isn't stupid and just wouldn't play Lampard instead. He either wouldn't play Lampard, or, Mourinho is that good that he could probably find a system to incorporate Gerrard and Lampard, allowing the best of both abilities.

Last edited:
Ha ha OMG

LIVERPOOL 8 BESKITAS 0

greatest ever champions league victory

And to think I nearly watched the chelsea game

Great performance by the Mighty Reds! What more can you ask for? Efficient, quality, nice passing, good finishes, record-breaking result...lovely!

Lewi T said:
Great performance by the Mighty Reds! What more can you ask for? Efficient, quality, nice passing, good finishes, record-breaking result...lovely!

And dont forget lots of luck and shoddy opponent

But they worked hard and truly derserved it !

Voronin had a great game !

Back