Homesrfan

ftw
Nov 1, 2006
Battalion Wars II - Hype Thread

bwiinv2.png

Release Date: September 24, 2007
Players: 1-2
Publisher: Nintendo Developer: Kuju Entertainment
Bottom line, if you have a Wii and like online war games... you need this game. Battalion Wars II is Nintendo's answer to Halo, not Metroid Prime. Battalion Wars II (or BWii as it has been come to known) is a real-time strategy. As we all probably know, Metroid Prime is really a single player experience but BWii is both. Unforunately, the first BW only had a single player. If you notice the release date, BWii ships A DAY before Halo 3... direct competition. Basically, I see this is Nintendo's answer to Halo 3 so Wii only owners don't feel left out.

Information
"Tricked into believing that the Solar Empire is developing a devastating super-weapon, Commander Pierce and Colonel Windsor of the Anglo Isles launch a pre-emptive strike on the Coral Atolls. The world is once again at war.

Drive tanks, command ships, pilot planes and direct your troops into the heart of the action in the return of the popular tactical action game for Wii."
Official fact sheet

bwiicharcopyux1.png

There are 3 different onilne multiplayer modes.
  • Assault: Instant Combat
  • Skirmish: Tactical depth
  • Co-op: Work with friends
What's different between the first and second?
  • Graphics. The first one looked pretty good for a Gamecube game, but you can definitely tell the difference here. The first image ine GCN and the second is Wii.
  • New control method (of course). Now, you use your Wiimote to command your troops.
  • 5 new naval units - Battleship, Frigate, Submarine, Dreadnought, Transport.
  • Bigger. 20+ single player missions and 15+ multiplayer missions.
  • Multiplayer/Online. Discussed before.
  • Greater tactical depth. Capture facility buildings to re-spawn units (HQ, Barracks, Factories, Airfield, Docks). Use Map Screen Commanding to order from afar
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=OOEUt4PUTMY[/media][media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MaUd0s0veUg[/media] I'm going to add a bit more later, but my computer is acting weird right now.

Last edited:
Im gonna get this game for sure but what im ALSO sure of is that......this game has no chance against halo. If they had put online multiplayer into metroid prime like everybody wanted than yea metroid prime would be the competition but Halo 3 is just too much for BW2

Im hell gonna buy this game, ive been following it for ages, but i have to admit, it cant be compared with Halo. IMO both games will be top but they are way to different to compare. The only comparison they have is that their both shooters. Like SuppaRoy said in the above post, Metroid was the only one that could have competed with Halo, but with no online.........

SuppaRoy said:
Im gonna get this game for sure but what im ALSO sure of is that......this game has no chance against halo. If they had put online multiplayer into metroid prime like everybody wanted than yea metroid prime would be the competition but Halo 3 is just too much for BW2
I'm not saying it has a chance against Halo, it's going to get crushed in sales, but I'm saying this is the closest Wii has to Halo. I can't wait for this game.

Meh.....Metroid 3 is more of our Halo. They're quite similar if you think about. Samus and Master Chief: Both people in futuristic suits trying to save something from destruction. Master Chief has his spartans and Samus has her Space confederation soldiers. Both of them are bad-asses, and they got alot of weapons lol

and yea, he's not trying to say it can compete with Halo, he's saying Battalion wars to the wii, is the same importance of Halo to the Xbox 360

Last edited:
Shoko said:
Meh.....Metroid 3 is more of our Halo. They're quite similar if you think about. Samus and Master Chief: Both people in futuristic suits trying to save something from destruction. Master Chief has his spartans and Samus has her Space confederation soldiers. Both of them are bad-asses, and they got alot of weapons lol

and yea, he's not trying to say it can compete with Halo, he's saying Battalion wars to the wii, is the same importance of Halo to the Xbox 360
Kind of. More like it will be in direct competition with Halo. And that BWii is similar to Halo in the online aspect.
I was hesitant to use 'Wii's Halo' but I meant it in the sense that they are coming around the same time and have similar gameplay. I think BWii is more similar to Halo than Metroid. At a glance, you might think differently... but do you play MP for a multiplayer experience? No, you play it for the single player. Metroid is largely and exploration and adventure game where as Halo is definitely an FPS.

good point there =). Metroid= Single player (other than prime hunters) Halo= Multi player

I didn't really get to play BW1 because i had a ps2, But I'm going to savor the flavor for BW2 :3

EDIT: Can you use the Nun-chuck analog and fire buttons to control you're character or does it have to be point and click >->,

Last edited:
I always hate thread that try to predict the future but if I had to choose -

Which game with be the Wii's Halo?
A Metroid
B Batallion Wars II
C SSBB

I think the answer is probably B and possibly C. Metroid doesnt have the mass appeal that the others will. Online play is also important and Metroid is lacking it :(

ciper said:
I always hate thread that try to predict the future but if I had to choose -

Which game with be the Wii's Halo?
A Metroid
B Batallion Wars II
C SSBB

I think the answer is probably B and possibly C. Metroid doesnt have the mass appeal that the others will. Online play is also important and Metroid is lacking it :(

Lol You're comparing SSBB to a 360 game o-o.. YOU CRAZY?..:wtf:

Vedelkin10 said:
Lol You're comparing SSBB to a 360 game o-o.. YOU CRAZY?..:wtf:
I did... SSBB is going to be HUGE. SSBB can surpass.. and probably will surpass Halo 3 sales.

Sovieto said:
meh, motion controls+online play dont make sequels megatons.
Improving on an already great game makes it that much more awesome. The thing missing from the first one was mutliplayer. Now it has it. It looks to be an awesome RTS game on Wii.

Back