Battlefield on Wii =] =]

Sovieto said:
wasnt there an expansion to battlefield 1942?
Expansions aren't installations to the series. There's expansions for all the PC Battlefield games.

Clarke said:
Wow you're way off. Bad Company will be the 6th Battlefield game.

Battlefield 1942
Battlefield Vietnam
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Battlefield 2142
Battlefield: Bad Company
Battlefield Heroes (Unreleased)
Battlefield 3 (TBA)
battlefield 3- 14 Nov 2008

DICE's latest Battlefield game is slated for a late 2008 release and a possible public BETA in the summer...

Digital Battle has had a PDF leaked to them which sets out the first details for DICE and EA's Battlefield 3. Among the information was the current working release date of late 2008, as well as a possible public BETA scheduled for next summer.

As far as the setting of the game is concerned, DICE appear to be going back to what made Battlefield 2 great by setting the conflict in the modern day. There will apparently be two playable factions (the Middle Eastern Coalition and NATO), with most of the eight maps on offer (supporting 40 players per team) being set in the Middle East.

The five playable classes on offer are much the same as usual (sniper, assault, engineer, medic and support), while Battalions have been added which will consist of three or four squads. There will be 48 different vehicles and 34 weapons initially, followed by another 22 weapons that can be unlocked in what we presume is the usual upgrading fashion (likewise for armour, ammo, accessories etc.).

There's also news that Battlefield 3 will be powered by a Frostbite DX engine. Presumably this is a version of the Frostbite engine behind Battlefield: Bad Company on the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3, with the DX possibly referring to Direct X which, we can only assume, will be Direct X 10 given that it's going to be a late 2008 PC release. The Frostbite engine's most notable feature is the fully destructable environments that it supports, which should also be the case for Frostbite DX.

Final points of interest include a replay/recording feature that may well be similar to Halo 3's 'Saved films'. There's also a 'Soldier' feature that seems to give players the opportunity to create MMO styled avatars.

Phil174 said:
battlefield 3- 14 Nov 2008[/COLOR][/I]
This was posted in 2007. It hasn't been announced yet and no one knows the release date yet.

LOL just read it from the site and your right Apologies to all. although i will find a link to the other sites i went on which said November as well.

First of all, there's nothing at all wrong with the Battlefield series; it just peaked with Vietnam and started to fall out afterwards.

Secondly, everyone seems to be missing the main point as to why it'll never be on the Wii:

Graphics aside, Battlefield is essentially a MULTIPLAYER game.

As we all know, Wii Online and multiplayer have a rocky relationship.

Rocky? If you were talking about Wii's Online in a metaphorical relationship with Multiplayer they would have forgone divorce and just killed each other for the insurance money.

hop3less said:
First of all, there's nothing at all wrong with the Battlefield series; it just peaked with Vietnam and started to fall out afterwards.
Vietnam was pretty terrible.

T3kNi9e said:
Rocky? If you were talking about Wii's Online in a metaphorical relationship with Multiplayer they would have forgone divorce and just killed each other for the insurance money.
Divorced relationships don't always come together for a night of Mii trading, Pokemon battles, and online Smash Bros.

Stop being an ass, its lame.

Clarke said:
Vietnam was pretty terrible.
To each his own.
I love Vietnam.
I played it for months at our LAN center and online with friends.
I love the atmosphere, I loved the music, and I loved the maps.

Battlefield Heroes would be pretty fun on the Wii, but I doubt it'll show up because they (EA/DICE) are trying out a new economic model for it. Instead of paying for the vanilla game, you will be able to make "micro transactions" to buy cosmetic things for your character to change their looks, possibly some different weapons and maybe other things in the future. So while the game IS free, its intent is to bring over the style of payment similar to Maple Story.

Back