Bestbuy sold out of Wiis... PS3s are sitting on the shelf!

I also have a 360 and a wii which still is cheaper than the ps3.asi live in England i was looking to see the goin price of a japanese 60gb ps3 and the cheapest i found was:yikes: £650 which had gotta be well over $1000 so i tihnk i will be leaving the ps3 for a bit hehehe

I don't know how fair it is to compare the Wii and the PS3. They are two different consoles marketed completely differently. I think it would be fair to compare the 360 and the PS3, but the Wii is in a market of its own. I don't think a system has ever reached out to such a range of people before. Nevertheless, I am a proud owner of a PS3 as well =)

darthbeaverxp said:
Its an example that the wii is way behind. Its barely as powerful as an old ps2. You are CLEARLY a huge nintendo fanboy. Ps3's controller is **** huh? Then I guess 360's controller is even bigger **** cause it doesnt even have motion sensing? I dont need rumble anyways, and besides, sony is developing ps3 controllers with their own rumble that should be out in either 2007 or 2008, so you can scratch that flaw off. Give me a damn brake u ****ing kid. You say wii's library will expand? Guess what SO WILL PS3's and XBOX360's. I dont care if you can point your hand at the tv and pull your finger back to indicate water squirting onto a flower in mario sunshine. I dont want to play crap games OK?! Also as far as mario is concerned, are those the only ****ing games that are good for the wii? Mario has been around since 1995, move on already. Is Nintendo such crap they can't get new good series on their console? Or am i just missing something. Redsteel looks cool, but its not worth buying a console for. You say sony is crap huh? Guess what pal theyr a $95 billion dollar company, and you think thats crap? You probably own sony tv's or soundtracks or casettes or recorders. They're one of the biggest companies ever. So that comment of yours just makes me think i shouldnt take you seriously because you're obviously an unintelligant immature fanboy. Full potential hasnt been breached yet so that isnt an excuse. HD-DVD has been used to its peak. Blu-ray just walked out the door, its a new format for dvd's and for the ps3. It has ALOT of room to grow, trust me bud. So every game for the ps3 is a button mashing game huh? The only game i could think of where you would do that is Devil may cry. And it aint boring. ANd you think swinging your arm to indicate hitting a golf ball is funner? Enlighten me on that. By the way your whole comment on graphics being related to not seeing women makes no sense...either that or its a crappy joke. You sound like somebody who hates sony, and its fanboys, you seem like you can't tolerate all the nintendo hating any more. Sounds like your fed up. If you are, than your frustration is really blinding you. Good day to you too.

You're right I am fed up with the ****ing console vs console ****, it's annoying. Don't think I can't judge Sony from my own experiences. SOE sucks like ****, when my PS1 and PS2 broke they didn't do ****. What do you want me to say after those kinds of experiences? That Sony is an awesome company? And when I said the library will expand for the Wii, I was simply taking YOUR original point and implying that YOUR point can be used for any console. Also, you make it sound like the PS3 HAS to be better than the Wii or you're going to die or something.. well they were ****ing designed differently for different audiences and different whatever.. I'm sorry you don't like the idea of getting fit while plying video games. I can only conclude you're a fat greasy bastard that wreaks with the smell of Sony's **** stains. WHY are you taking YOUR OWN points and bashing yourself with it? All that potential not being used, and library to expand.. I took those from YOUR post. Kind of hard to think of real, authentic points when you're so used to copy and pasting huh? Why don't you comment on Elder Scrolls 9 and GoW 3? At best, you're as arrogant as a stubborn little child. Not good. Also, Mr. suckdickforsony WHY THE **** ARE YOU ON A NINTENDO BASED FORUM? Don't give me **** like "because I can" you got no life trying to bash Nintendo with your posts that has 15 year old grammar at the least. Also, if you want to bash games, than blame the ****ing game maker, I'm talking about the CONSOLE and the COMPANIES THAT MADE EM. You're an angry kid because some games suck on a console? That exists for every ****ing console too. Validate your points before you blindly post them because half of it applies to all the ****ing consoles, and not just PS3. You've been flamed for almost every post you made.. dude, don't let this lead to suicide and just move on... you're just a mad fanboy because Sony just took a kick to the nuts and you don't know what to do. :( Oh, and before you ask why I'm on these forums, remember that I do like Nintendo, and I USED to like Sony before they started riding their own cock. Good day to you...

Last edited:
Method of Rhythm said:
The Wii
call-of-duty-3-20060929051917603.jpg

PS3
call-of-duty-3-20060712041151611.jpg

A more fair comparison.
why are you still goin on about camparing them, everyone knows the graphics are better, cant you see no1 cares. We arent all visual monkeys here. Show a screen from an impressive wii game... have u seen the new mario graphics. They are brilliant, you have to remember they are only launch titles.

Message to all PS3 fans who don't like Wii graphics: STOP bitching the Wii by putting the worst screenshots you can find...ok?
Here's a GAMEPLAY shot of RedSteel. It's not that bad. Of course PS3 have better graphics but don't exagerate the difference between the two systems.

Last edited:
ClassicFitness said:
Message to all PS3 fans who don't like Wii graphics: STOP bitching the Wii by putting the worst screenshots you can find...ok?
Here's a GAMEPLAY shot of RedSteel. It's not that bad. Of course PS3 have better graphics but don't exagerate the difference between the two systems.

thanks for posting a fair image. It's funny how they compare Wii's worst looking games but they won't show Zelda or Red Steel's graphics.

It's all about preference. I can't imagine playing a system just for graphics though. It's also important to mention how much game developers love the Wii and how much easier it is for them to make games for it so Wii will have their library of games massively expanded.

As for the comment about only 20gb PS3's on the shelf. The ones by me were 60 GB's and there were 8 there.

ericlewis91 said:
uh i have to vacum!
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

The CoD comparison was purely just to show that the Wii does have good graphics. You can't compare Riiiiiidge Racer to Tenkaichi 2 and say, "Look how much better the PS3 is." First of all, anime games are supposed to have cartoony graphics and not beautiful canyons or great looking riiiiiidges. ;)

i camped out to get my wii (along with 18 other people, because it was announced that there were 18 units availible) and we all laughed that when we went in and purchased all 18 units, there were 3 ps3s sitting on the shelf... no one camped out for those platforms

jessetheinferno said:
i camped out to get my wii (along with 18 other people, because it was announced that there were 18 units availible) and we all laughed that when we went in and purchased all 18 units, there were 3 ps3s sitting on the shelf... no one camped out for those platforms

So 19 people camped for 18 units?

Also, yesterday there were 200 PS3 units for sale at Futureshop.ca and it took them well over an hour to sell.

The day before that, 100 Wii's were made available and took 10 minutes to sell.

yeah, my dad co-worker went to walmart or best buy not planning on buying a ps3 and got one, they had about 5 or 6.

Esco27 said:
You're right I am fed up with the ****ing console vs console ****, it's annoying. Don't think I can't judge Sony from my own experiences. SOE sucks like ****, when my PS1 and PS2 broke they didn't do ****. What do you want me to say after those kinds of experiences? That Sony is an awesome company? And when I said the library will expand for the Wii, I was simply taking YOUR original point and implying that YOUR point can be used for any console. Also, you make it sound like the PS3 HAS to be better than the Wii or you're going to die or something.. well they were ****ing designed differently for different audiences and different whatever.. I'm sorry you don't like the idea of getting fit while plying video games. I can only conclude you're a fat greasy bastard that wreaks with the smell of Sony's **** stains. WHY are you taking YOUR OWN points and bashing yourself with it? All that potential not being used, and library to expand.. I took those from YOUR post. Kind of hard to think of real, authentic points when you're so used to copy and pasting huh? Why don't you comment on Elder Scrolls 9 and GoW 3? At best, you're as arrogant as a stubborn little child. Not good. Also, Mr. suckdickforsony WHY THE **** ARE YOU ON A NINTENDO BASED FORUM? Don't give me **** like "because I can" you got no life trying to bash Nintendo with your posts that has 15 year old grammar at the least. Also, if you want to bash games, than blame the ****ing game maker, I'm talking about the CONSOLE and the COMPANIES THAT MADE EM. You're an angry kid because some games suck on a console? That exists for every ****ing console too. Validate your points before you blindly post them because half of it applies to all the ****ing consoles, and not just PS3. You've been flamed for almost every post you made.. dude, don't let this lead to suicide and just move on... you're just a mad fanboy because Sony just took a kick to the nuts and you don't know what to do. :( Oh, and before you ask why I'm on these forums, remember that I do like Nintendo, and I USED to like Sony before they started riding their own cock. Good day to you...
K first of all calm down dude, im not trying to make people get as mad as you. Im not a fat greasy shithead, im pretty stubborn. You don't know me dude. Im 16, im 6 ft 1, im 155 lbs. Im the opposite of fat. Why would this forum make someone commit suicide? If anybody is going to be committing suicide its you because you're throwing a hissy fit. How old are you? Because you're whining like a kid, no offence, either that or you're just really erked. Anyways... My grammar is msn grammar, i dont want to be bothered typing perfect grammar on here, whats the benefit in that? To impress fanboys? Im a good writer when i want to be. How can you say that blu-ray is 100% finished its brand-new you idiot. You know **** all about blu-ray. I guess you've had a bad experience with playstation consoles, but too bad for you, cause all mine have worked great and most do. What do i copy and paste? Everything iv said has been my words.

WiiLink said:
thanks for posting a fair image. It's funny how they compare Wii's worst looking games but they won't show Zelda or Red Steel's graphics.

Here is a comparision between Wii's best looking game vs. PS3's middle of the pack graphics. Almost as drastic as N64 vs. Xbox.

Don't get me wrong. Zelda is a phenomenal game. I have logged 35+ hours on the GameCube version.

The_Legend_of_Zelda_Twilight_Princess_40.jpg

ninja-gaiden-sigma-20061219064538323.jpg

Last edited:
Back