Big Band and Swing.

Trulen

Isn't here as much
Oct 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Before, I really didn't have a personal music taste. I like a bit of rock, but not heavy-metal. I listened to a bit of Def Leopard for a while, and declared them my favorite band.

But in recent months, I came across a man called Frank Sinatra.
His songs had a up-beat tempo.. And I noticed something else...
The instruments being used! A giant congregation of toe-tapping music that makes you want to dance (and I'm not talking about the disgraceful garbage dancing you see today. Yeesh, keep you pants on, kids.) !

Enter Big Band and Swing.
Gimme a good singer paired with a good band, and you've got me smilin' and toe-tapping. Heck, you can just give me the band. I'm alright either way.

This is by far my favorite genre of music. But they don't play it on the radio, and I don't have satellite TV or Radio, so I'm only restricted to torrents.

And another positive note about this music, pretty much 99.9 (9 repeating) percent of music you can let your parents listen to.
No bad words, no filth, no nothing.

Just a man (or woman, but mostly men) singing how he loves his lady, or how things are going swell, or something just off the wall, but never depressive. For one, you can't be depressed duing this music. It's too upbeat and cheerful.

One song I've recently discovered is "The Coffee Song" by Frank Sinatra. Toe tapping and brings a smile to your face.

You guys can have your choice of your five thousand types of metal (You know what I'm talking about.) and bang your heads.

I'll just tape my toe and smile. It'll save me a headache.

Who else is of the lovers of Big BAnd and Swing?
Or even just the Big Band part?

4 Words:

Red Hot Chili Peppers

:) - Kick Arse Band, My mate likes abit of Frank. I myself don't like it lol

Well.

As far as youtube goes... The best I can show you is...

A segment from Family Guy (Bear in mind, ole' Sinatra was form the 40's and 50's, I think. Aren't may videos of his "Swing." Most of his "Crooner" style. )

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_S_RTqpWARw

Back