Bored already

powpowpow

WiiChat Member
Jun 23, 2007
The latest gen games just don't have the wow factor that their Snes/N64 counterparts had.. games on the 64 were fresh and revolutionary. The games that are coming out now are basically the same with a few minor changes.. At the end of the day there's a big difference between revolutionary and evolutionary and while some people like the total familiarity.. if you want a game that plays and feels exactly like the N64 version.. go play the N64 version. Look at Mario Power Tennis/Halo 2.. this is exactly what a sequel should not be.

After watching Nintedo's E3 conference it's clear their main focus is expanding the market by producing err "games" which appeal to non gamers... well fair enough but lets face it.. the wii was designed solely for this purpose with core gamers nothing but an after thought.

(And no I don't own or intend to buy a 360/PS3)

yeah im bored with it, shes on sale atm. might get a PS3 i think, all due respect to nintendo i just dont think the Wii is for me, been there and tryed it, though im going to have to say theres no way ill ever sell my DS for a PSP, imo the DS owns the Wii lol

I do have to agree that most of the games coming out are just the same, and they'll only hold our attention for about an hour or two, but there are some games for the core gamers out there.

You got the Big 3. Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Although Brawl won't utilize the Wii Remote's motion capabilities, it's still a good game.

Also, games for the Wii Zapper such as Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Ghost Recon, and those look hardcore.

The main point is, it just takes a while for some good games to come out. Once companies can get used to the Wii, then we'll get some good games. Probably by 2008 there will be some really tight games.

idn man super mario galaxy looks pretty revolutionary....

and keep in mind that there are franchises that might show up on the wii that hasn't for the cube

like earthbound and kid icarus

that might come to wii

meh.... galaxy is gonna be awesome, brawl is gonna be awesome, yeah yeah, but i love metroid more than i love taffy, and i'm a man who loves his taffy..

mushroomedmario said:
idn man super mario galaxy looks pretty revolutionary....

and keep in mind that there are franchises that might show up on the wii that hasn't for the cube

like earthbound and kid icarus

that might come to wii

I believe they may be planning a new Kid Icarus.

The only reason I'm playing my Wii and not my 360 is because I burned the **** out of my hand and can't properly hold an Xbox controller with gauze wrapped around my hand. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the games I'm playing on Wii (Super Paper Mario and Mario Party 8 at the moment), it's just that I would rather play other games.

But I bought my Wii for four games: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. If those were the only games I ever bought for my Wii, I think I would still consider buying my Wii to be completely worth it (provided those other three games turn out to be as amazing as they are expected to be).

shiggy said that "hmmm we may get the eggplant wizard and start a new kid icarus for the wii" ...or something like that

edit: powpowpow, do you live in the americas..cause then mario strikers cahrged comes out in two weeks

I live in the UK and already own Mario Strikers.. it is pretty average.

mushroomedmario said:
oh really... from what i've read it was pretty kick-ass

seems decently revolutionary as well...
It's not really revolutionary considering it seems pretty similar to the original on the GC (Haven't played it) and online play is nothing new.

Mario Strikers is pretty awesome if you can get a few people round but without being able to communicate with who your playing online it's very similar to just playing against the computer.

i have a choice to make, i can get a wii or 360 now but only one of them. i will get the other in the fall. i like the wii but i want the big ones when they come like galexy brawl etc. im also interested in super paper mario zelda tp and mario party 8. i really want a wii and all those games but ive been hearing the wii is boring and i just need the system that can hold me off until the fall. halo 3 is coming out in sept. which is soon. so please, if you guys could give your opinion should i get the 360 or wii at the moment.

gingerkid said:
i have a choice to make, i can get a wii or 360 now but only one of them. i will get the other in the fall. i like the wii but i want the big ones when they come like galexy brawl etc. im also interested in super paper mario zelda tp and mario party 8. i really want a wii and all those games but ive been hearing the wii is boring and i just need the system that can hold me off until the fall. halo 3 is coming out in sept. which is soon. so please, if you guys could give your opinion should i get the 360 or wii at the moment.
Get a decent gaming PC.. its the ultimate platform for gaming.. First person shooters are unmatched on the PC. The precision and accuracy of a mouse is far superior to that of the wii remote or analogue stick. The only genres which the PC falls short on are Beat em ups and platformers.. but if you are only getting one platform to play games on.. it has to be the PC.

But if you really want a 360 or a wii.. I'd say if your gonna get a wii make sure you do it for the games and not the wii remote which does get old after a week.

powpowpow said:
Get a decent gaming PC.. its the ultimate platform for gaming.. First person shooters are unmatched on the PC. The precision and accuracy of a mouse is far superior to that of the wii remote or analogue stick. The only genres which the PC falls short on are Beat em ups and platformers.. but if you are only getting one platform to play games on.. it has to be the PC.

But if you really want a 360 or a wii.. I'd say if your gonna get a wii make sure you do it for the games and not the wii remote which does get old after a week.
dont have the money for a gaming pc. i have a pc and i use it for recording music. see i like the wii for some of the games but i like the 360 cuz i have friends that i can play online with.

Back