Brett Favre Retiring After 17 Seasons

I wish the Packers would of won the superbowl this year.. I'm a big Packers fan, it's a shame to see Brett quit. If they won the superbowl, it would of been the perfect way for him to have ended his career. Oh well Packers still have Grant, =/.

I dont really care about what the Packers do. They can **** their pants for all I care...GO GIANTS! IN YOUR FACE YOU ****ING PATRIOTS!

Sparx said:
I dont really care about what the Packers do. They can **** their pants for all I care...GO GIANTS! IN YOUR FACE YOU ****ING PATRIOTS!

It's a shame how people like this can't respect a legend & all he's accomplished...

No its a shame a guy has to quit like that.

Yeah I'd choose my words more wisely if I were you. Brett Favre could have left a long time ago. Your body can only take so much & he defied the odds, showing that age doesn't matter. He had nothing more to prove, he didn't just leave his team out in the cold or anything (no pun intended since it gets extremely cold at Lambeau). He helped his team win the Superbowl in 96 & he lead them to 10 playoff appearances along with every major QB record & 3 MVP titles. He's played through countless injuries & bad health conditions, he played in the game the day after hearing his father died (& turned in a performance that wasn't human). Not to mention 253 consecutive starts, but he quit though right??

All my wishes to him and is family, but he won't even read this, so I guess it doesn't even matter. He's going to get in the Hall of Fame, a shame he only won one super bowl when Mr. Preppy (Tom Brady) won four.

SouthPaw26 said:
Yeah I'd choose my words more wisely if I were you. Brett Favre could have left a long time ago. Your body can only take so much & he defied the odds, showing that age doesn't matter. He had nothing more to prove, he didn't just leave his team out in the cold or anything (no pun intended since it gets extremely cold at Lambeau). He helped his team win the Superbowl in 96 & he lead them to 10 playoff appearances along with every major QB record & 3 MVP titles. He's played through countless injuries & bad health conditions, he played in the game the day after hearing his father died (& turned in a performance that wasn't human). Not to mention 253 consecutive starts, but he quit though right??

Exactly...there is absolutley no way you can say he "quit"...just a typical response from a typical NY sports fan. god i hate them.

Sparx said:
No its a shame a guy has to quit like that.
Wow, you really have no idea of what you're talking about. Professional football players work harder than you would ever know and 17 seasons of preparation and conditioning takes its toll, sure he was playing extremely well, but he's tired, and wants time to relax. There is no justification for you saying he "quit" no he retired, though as I stated in the NFL thread, (where this should have been discussed) I don't believe he's done, and neither do a lot of analysts.

very sad news really

he's the greatest quater back of my generation

he'll be trully missed

blueovalboy7 said:
Wow, you really have no idea of what you're talking about. Professional football players work harder than you would ever know and 17 seasons of preparation and conditioning takes its toll, sure he was playing extremely well, but he's tired, and wants time to relax. There is no justification for you saying he "quit" no he retired, though as I stated in the NFL thread, (where this should have been discussed) I don't believe he's done, and neither do a lot of analysts.

id really like to agree with you that he'll be back. but i just dont think thats gonna happen. i watched his little goodbye speech thing...you can watch it on NFL.com if you want...idk. he isnt mentally into the game anymore. he doesnt wanna play.

JCpackers05 said:
id really like to agree with you that he'll be back. but i just dont think thats gonna happen. i watched his little goodbye speech thing...you can watch it on NFL.com if you want...idk. he isnt mentally into the game anymore. he doesnt wanna play.
I watched it, and I saw the complete opposite of what you're saying. Sure he said that, but I think he was trying to convince himself of that. Anyone that emotional about leaving the game they love, still wants to play. I don't think this is over and done with by a long shot.

Back