My pick for the Top 10 sporting moments 2007

zapasant93 said:
i didnt want to put it in there, but lets face it, it was too big, it couldnt of been ignored even if you tried, he was on the news all over the place, and the buzz all over the world was huge aswell, i mean, he's on of the greatest soccer players ever...and like it or not, soccer is the most popular sport in the world....it deserved a high ranking in my opinion
I never heard it. X: I must have been watching tennis...

Chris Benoit does not deserve to be on this list.

First of all, professional wrestling is not a sport. Secondly, he's a disgrace to the business, he's a disgrace to the fans, and he's a disgrace to mankind.

Of the plays - wooo number 7! Lleyton Hewitt comes from the same city as me! I've seen him at the gym when I'm playing tennis a few times (go figure). Lleyton's past his prime, but hell - the boy can play.

And Levesque - I totally agree.

Considering it's my top ten, this would be my number one.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWhOut7tPSk[/MEDIA]

This one would have to make my top ten as well.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlz5qtM8eec[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
actually, i had that kick return in my top 5, but i honestly, could not find a good quality video on youtube

*and, also, my top ten plays got moved here....why?*

I would agree that Benoit shouldn't be in the top 10, at all. Also, I think that Raikkonen's F1 win should be in there, given the events of the F1 season. I'd take Beckham out as it wasn't much of a surprise or anything to be honest. I would include England missing out on Euro 2008 though - you could do a top 10 moments of England's failure to qualify itself!

Federer is a machine.

Although you could replace Benoit with Triple H, completing a match after a full tear of his quadricep muscle for the second time in his career :)

Only joking.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Although you could replace Benoit with Triple H, completing a match after a full tear of his quadricep muscle for the second time in his career :)

Only joking.

thats was actually very impressive, wasnt he out for like 6 months because of it?

Testing me :lol:

It was about 6 months, the first time was 8 I'm pretty sure. And, surprisingly, it was different legs...

Yeah okay David Beckham at number 2? Are you serious, he did absolutely nothing for his team or the sport of soccer in America.

Sorry if you guys don't think this belongs here, but you got me all worked up now :)

This is the second time he tore his quad. It happens during the spinebuster at 2:12 [you might want to start there]. I wouldn't consider putting any professional wrestling into this thread, but this just calls for pure athleticism. Keep in mind that this is about 25 minutes into the match and was about to reach the climax. Particularly watch at 4:10: Triple H is supposed to Pedigree Edge, but Orton [assuming that Triple H won't do this because he just tore his freaking quad] was about to bail him out of the move and the match, but Triple H goes through with it. Shawn Michaels ends the match [but not the entire confrontation] a few moments later, its a good thing this happened with three other experienced guys, because you could tell that they all were keeping their cool. Also, Pedigree onto table [no give] at 7:10, although doesn't have enough energy to break it. Thats nothing but heart. All in all, he continues to perform strongly for 6 minutes after his quad is torn. That goes without saying that this match was intended to be a beat down, with as many big moves as possible.

Hell, if I didn't know better I would have said that it was just good acting by Triple H, because Orton had been working on that leg earlier in the match. He really pulled it off well.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlKVdxC7QOw&feature=related
[/media]

The first time he tore his quad he also continued on with the match, but not nearly as long as he did this time. He did, however, go through with the walls of Jericho [putting extreme stress on lower back and leg muscles] in that instance.

Last edited:
Sillyhat said:
Yeah okay David Beckham at number 2? Are you serious, he did absolutely nothing for his team or the sport of soccer in America.
Well it did spark my interest, for like a game... Just not a sport for most Americans.

Anything with Hornswagle (its sports entertainment)

why is beckham at 2? Him moving to america is the end of his competitive football. the american 'soccer' league is just piss poor compared to european leagues. it's like when gary lineker went over to japan to play football, it was just a joke.

blueovalboy7 said:
Well it did spark my interest, for like a game... Just not a sport for most Americans.

Exactly it was big for maybe a week. Then everyone forgot about him.

Back