Can I play Wii on my laptop?

Airbum88

WiiChat Member
Apr 29, 2007
My laptop has a ATI Mobility Radeon X1300. Before I buy a wii I want to make sure I can connect the wii to my laptop. I am so clueless about computers.

Can anyone help me?

your laptop would need to have a TV input if it did it would be S-Video so you would need an adapter to plug the wii into it... also adapters to plug in the audio...

but that feature would be something specific to the laptop... so open the old manual and have a look... what your looking for is a TV input

TheRook

therook said:
your laptop would need to have a TV input if it did it would be S-Video so you would need an adapter to plug the wii into it... also adapters to plug in the audio...

but that feature would be something specific to the laptop... so open the old manual and have a look... what your looking for is a TV input

TheRook

He's totally right about that. Its always good to look in the laptops manual to see if it has the specifications for the A/V jacks.

I've seen this clip of a guy playing Ocarina of Time on his laptop, with a wii mote and a nunchuk. Like playing Twilight Princess, but its ocarina of time on a laptop

The problem is I don't have a manual. Is there another way I can find out?

Ok imagine if u will with me have u ever gotten a gamecube or playstation2. If so they have A/V wires hence audio visual wires the audio hence has 2 wires one is red and the other is white and the visual is yellow. The audio wires give u ur sounds and ur visual wire gives u what game ur playing shown up on the screen. If u have A/V hook ups u can just put the wires in the coresponding place color wise.

I know those wires cuz I had an N64, but there is no where I can plug into my laptop.

Isn't there some sort of a converter?

Also, a different issue....some TVs have only yellow and white sockets. How's the sound without the red input?

I don't have a good TV. The TV don't have the socket for the red cable. I just moved to Japan and I don't plan on staying in Japan for a long time, so I don't want to buy a TV.

Which brings me to another question. I have USB laptop speakers. Do you know if I can use them with the wii since the TV don't have the red socket.

Back