hooking up laptop to LCD

Ifry

WiiChat Member
Apr 18, 2009
Hi all, I have my Wii hooked up to a 32 inch LCD TV. I'd like to connect a laptop to either the Wii or LCD, so that the laptop screen will show the same thing as what is shown on the LCD (so a person using the laptop can observe a game in progress without looking at the LCD). I'm not technically saavy, could someone tell me what I need to buy and do to get this setup working? Thanks!

Hi all, I have my Wii hooked up to a 32 inch LCD TV. I'd like to connect a laptop to either the Wii or LCD, so that the laptop screen will show the same thing as what is shown on the LCD (so a person using the laptop can observe a game in progress without looking at the LCD). I'm not technically saavy, could someone tell me what I need to buy and do to get this setup working? Thanks!

First off you will need some splitters for your RCA cables.
You will need three of them. Here is the link

Now the next step depends on your set up. The best chances is that you have a VGA port. There are wires that directly set up an RCA to VGA but you aren't going to be happy with the quality of the work. I would suggest on getting a converter box. Here is a link to one.

i don't think its possible. i'm not sure though

Hahaha, noob.

First off you will need some splitters for your RCA cables.
You will need three of them. Here is the link

Now the next step depends on your set up. The best chances is that you have a VGA port. There are wires that directly set up an RCA to VGA but you aren't going to be happy with the quality of the work. I would suggest on getting a converter box. Here is a link to one.

Hahaha, noob.

I understand that he wants it to display on the laptop, which is impossible unless you get a really really fast TV capture card.

It isn't ouputting the laptop to the television...noob?

I understand that he wants it to display on the laptop, which is impossible unless you get a really really fast TV capture card.

It isn't ouputting the laptop to the television...noob?

I believe he was referring using both the television(to what he refers to as the LCD) and the laptop simultaneously. I never said I was outputting the laptop to the television, as so much as getting the image from the wii to both the LCD television and the laptop.

Connecting the Wii's RCA cables to the splitters. Then have the splitters go into the LCD TV and the Converter. The converter than sends the image to the laptop.

Back