New LCD TV and Wii

skyvideo

WiiChat Member
Jan 20, 2008
Hey all..

I bought this new Samsung 32" LCD TV about a month ago (http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/...vision&subtype=lcdtv&model_cd=LA32R81BDX/XSA). The model is LA32R81BDX. Now I know the Wii does not do HD but so far I am very disappointed.

Using the standard cables that came with the Wii it looks terrible. Colours were unusually saturated and it was very pixelated. Of course, I had changed the screen settings in the Wii menu. I then thought it was because I needed the component cables so I ordered them.

After recieving and trying the component cables it is slightly better. The text is not as pixelated and the colours are a bit better. But this to me is a big step behind my old 61cm no brand CRT TV. I have got my Xbox 360 set up and working on the new LCD TV and it is great. The Wii however looks very ordinary. Has anybody used this LCD TV with the Wii? I have read mixed reports about the Wii on LCD TV's but I didn't think it would be like this. I have tried settings recommended on other forums but it still does not look good.

I just put on Super Mario Galaxy and it makes me cringe compared to what I was playing on before.

Any thoughts/suggestions? Can you usually change the resolution of the actual TV itself so the Wii does not have to scale up so much?

:(

I am having the same problem with my Wii and my LCD TV, but my PS3 looks great on the same TV. With the Wii, the picture is much better after switching to component cables, but there is a slight blur which remains on screen.
My solution to this problem is to either increase or decrease the sharpness of the TV to a point when you are satisfied with the picture, or sit away from your TV when playing your Wii to avoid seeing the blurred image.

I just tried RE4 and it is terrible. I'm not that picky with video game graphics but this sucks. Surely most people are playing the Wii on an LCD or plasma display?

I have a 26" Sony Bravia LCD HDTV. Although I wish the Wii supported 720p, I must admit, the graphics are much better on a small (23" - 42") widescreen TV compared to a smaller square TV without HDTV.

I wouldn't go above 42" since my friend has this 50" widescreen HDTV and honestly, the Wii looks horrible since it was too big. He's getting the PS3 so it will look much nicer than the Wii (graphic-wise).

Let me remind you guys that this is not a big tv. This is a 32" LCD TV. Maybe the Samsung models don't handle lower resolutions well at all? It is far worse than my old CRT TV and pretty much unplayable. I have tried finding some information on the the use of the new Samsung models and the Wii but haven't come up with much..
:(

I have mine on a 37" LCD and mine looks fine. Although its no HD quality, it is much better than when it was on the 27" 10 yr old TV I had it on before I got the LCD :)

hmm.. I might play with the settings more. This is kind of got me worried though. I mean it most likely isn't a faulty TV because everything else works fine.. and Samsung make okay displays as well? There not exactly cheapo.

Anyone with a Samsung display and recommended settings/suggestions? Would be appreciated.

Back