Canadian gamers getting screwed !!!!

1 Australian dollar= $.85 US
1 Canadian Dollar =$0.999746 US as of when i made this post
Canadians have more to be pissed off for

that won't affect prices the prices of Wii stuff, but wii points should drop from $25 to $20 since that is based off of USD values, everthing else would be about the same. The only good part is now we can go down southh and buy cheaper stuff (though we need passports now...wtf). I'm not sure exactly why wii stuff is more expensive, but if we do get it through the US it should be the same price since we got free trade with them. It's probably cuz of the japanese since we were kinda discriminative against them during WWII. ( we locked them all up at the PNE after taing all their possesions) People don't get over that kind of stuff. Plus, more wii's are gonna be sold in the US than Canada so that probably why it cheaper there( Us has a Much bigger market), so more people will get it. It is, after all, all about te $$$$

UPDATE:
1 canadian dollar = 1.00022 US dollar
barely over, but if US dollar keeps dropping, Candian will be noticably over

Last edited by a moderator:
games are ok, we can just drive ove and get some... but cars on the other hand... i mean.... it is like half price over there if you want to get a car.... brand new S2K's are like $60k including flight and pdi and in the states it isl ike $45K ish ....

that's because of PM mulrooney, he made a deal w/ the US that caused them to close down all car factories in canada. it jacked up the prices on all the cars since they weren't made in canada anymore

Meh. They aren't going to change the prices based on the canadian currency bouncing from .90 to .98 and even recently for approx 2 seconds, 1.00. But That doesn't happen. Be grateful the Wii didn't come out as expensive at the PS3.

Wii-licious said:
I'm a little tired of getting screwed mainly by retailers, console makers and games makers.

We canadian are already paying more then american for our console and periphericals. Most retailers are selling product like if the exchange rate was 1$can =0,75 $us. This is'nt true for month now we are between 0,90 and 0,95 for 1/2 the year an today we reach 0,98!!!!!

So common retailers and console builder stop screwing us and do something about it. I can understand that basic price point can be different in different market. But this is ridiculous.

It cost less to all those company to import those products because of the canadian dollars rate.Do something. Oh yeah, you are doing something you are making more profit!!!!!!

I just start shopping over internet for games because it's now cheaper if you avoid border fees.

So other canadian you can express your anger here.:mad5: :mad5: :mad5:

BTW i know about the australian situation so i know you get more screwed then us.

Ebay my friend.... :yesnod:
But I understand how it is, my friends live
in canada and an Xbox 360 game is like $70.

I don't remember saying something against america !?! I was saying something against CANADIAN RETAILERS AND DISTRIBUTORS so don't worry i know its not your fault or even your problem. But when i start this topic it help me evacuate some steam and it also gave me an idea if other canadian were feeling like me.

Be grateful the Wii didn't come out as expensive at the PS3.

BTW: I just get screwed again i just bought this:

ilmhalo3console.jpg

But i find this one after on the internet do you think its look good:

xbox-halo3.jpg

Last edited:
Back