Thinking of selling my Wii. How much you think I could get for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i said i owned every previous nintendo system

my ps2 is downstairs i lack the motivation to play ffXII though

i want to finish zelda tp first lol

my psx unfortunatly broke after a month, so i don't consider it when i say what sytems i owned

i don't remember specifically saying i don't have either though,...

mushroomedmario said:
edit: ok good post gypsykid i just don't think that the wii having good developers would be a myth though
I didn't say Nintendo don't have good developers. They do! Worldclass! I just don't think they are better than the developers for PS3.

A lot of people tend to think that Nintendo has the best developers because of the fact that Nintendo is a truly legendary company that is responsible for some of the best games ever created. However, most of those games are old history now. Nintendo has a rate of coming out with maybe 3 classic games per console lifespan as developers. not only that...it's with the same damn franchises. Also, back then Nintendo had virtually no competition. They had Sega...that's it, and we all know what happened there. Sega couldn't beat them so they joined them.

PS3 Developers have a lot more classics and exclusives under their belt, and a lot more original and varying franchises. Not to mention a lot of sleeper classics. Those games that you never heard of but just happen to be on shelves outta nowhere and end up being incredible games.

Nintendo is good at what it does, has a loyal fanbase, etc. I'm not trying to completely bash them, but they put themselves in a position to be bashed by more serious gamers such as myself so they can get more favor and a lot more $$$ from the casual gamers, non gamers, families, social organizations, etc. etc.

Nintendo definitely made the best business sense. They are raking it in. However there was a huge cost to pay, and I think that was the loss of great games in favor of more dumbed down non offensive no risk gameplay.

Last edited:
My bad, kinda lol. I remember you saying you would only own one console so I thought you would get a 64 and no PS, gc no PS2, Wii no PS3. Ah sorry.

But really, FFXII? I dont even care for that game. Should look into some good games, rather cheap now.

i don't know i think that since nintendo is making money they'll put more money into developing good games, but to be honest, they haven't had any news on disaster or project hammer, two games i was looking forward too...

@gamercon
besides my third NES(that i bought at a garage sale) the wii is the only console that i specifically bought, my parents bought my other 2 NES's and an SNES and my brothers bought the rest

i was thinking of getting into god of war, but i have a tight gaming schedule(hehe)

GypsyKid said:
I didn't say Nintendo don't have good developers. They do! Worldclass! I just don't think they are better than the developers for PS3.

A lot of people tend to think that Nintendo has the best developers because of the fact that Nintendo is a truly legendary company that is responsible for some of the best games ever created. However, most of those games are old history now. Nintendo has a rate of coming out with maybe 3 classic games per console lifespan as developers. not only that...it's with the same damn franchises. Also, back then Nintendo had virtually no competition. They had Sega...that's it, and we all know what happened there. Sega couldn't beat them so they joined them.

PS3 Developers have a lot more classics and exclusives under their belt, and a lot more original and varying franchises. Not to mention a lot of sleeper classics. Those games that you never heard of but just happen to be on shelves outta nowhere and end up being incredible games.

Nintendo is good at what it does, has a loyal fanbase, etc. I'm not trying to completely bash them, but they put themselves in a position to be bashed by more serious gamers such as myself so they can get more favor and a lot more $$$ from the casual gamers, non gamers, families, social organizations, etc. etc.

Nintendo definitely made the best business sense. They are raking it in. However there was a huge cost to pay, and I think that was the loss of great games in favor of more dumbed down non offensive no risk gameplay.
Just to clear this up, Sony Defeated Dreamcast with the DVD player in the PS2, SEGA, at the time, was on top of nintendo. Sony beat SEGA in the console wars, and now SEGA develops software for all systems.
If that help'd, you're welcome.
:)

Last edited:
GypsyKid said:
I already know what the Wii has to offer and it is not up my alley. We all know what is coming down the pipeline pretty much, and I'm not really interested.

BTW just cause something sells like hotcakes doesn't mean it's good. MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, and Britney Spears CD's sold like hot cakes. Now those items are complete jokes. Right now Wii is more like faddish piece of gaming..not much else. I want next gen damnit.

Until you've experienced what the PS3 has to offer you really have no clue. Not to mention they are the only system that is going to get truly next gen games. But hey, at least the kiddies and the grandparents will always be able to play the Wii for 20 minutes and then they get bored of it too.

I had even a non-gaming friend come over who was more interested in the Wii cause of all the hype and the new type of controllers. After being able to play and see what the differrent systems were about and what kind of games were coming out for each...even he was like..."screw the Wii" and his attention was focused on the PS3 quite intently without much regard for the Wii. I could tell by the way he even looked at it that he was disapponted. Right then and there I knew he understood how I felt when I had my realization about the PS3.

I've never been a PS fan. I was nintendo all the way, than original XBox. Now that I look at what kind of games have been coming out for the PS2 that I missed and the games coming for the PS3...I'm floored. The Playstation has by far the greatest library with the coolest and best games.

All I can say about Nintendo is been there done that. Even with the Wiimote. Now I can say "been there done that" and shake a stick at it...and the stick will respond on-screen. Big deal.

If I need excercise I think I'd rather go outside. If I want to play games I'm going to play the best system out there...PS3

Sorry but my friend, chu dumb.
You don't know what the Wii has to offer, no one can say they do know. Seriously. BTW the artists you mentioned, yeah sorry but Nintendo doesn't rip off people, and pop out 3 babies a year.
And Ps3 the only system with next generation games :lol:..ok and oh yeah enjoy your tilt and no rumble on your Ps3.
Now I don't know your friend, but being a non-gamer he knows nothing, also just because he doesn't look at the wii the same way he does at you, that is not my fault and sorry but those games coming out for Ps3..Killzone 2?..may look nice, but can't say the same about the gameplay. By the way the Ps3 has one of the worst libraries out there, 360's is much better.
I also don't recall a game where you "shake a stick" and the Wii is not just about exercise, like c'mon, but we all know you don't get any anyways.

Gypsykid said:
You got it wrong again fella. The reason YOU don't get it is cause you don't really know much about the PS3 do you?

Developers are going to Wii...for a short little while...to make that quick cash while it's still a hot item. The Wii's potential is pretty limited. If you do some research you will find that developers are continually hitting ceilings with the systems. Which means they are reaching or reached the limit of what they can do, and don't have enough power and space to take things to the truly next level.

Now what does that mean for the games they develop? It means they are continually compromised in most cases. You are not getting the best that is possible because you are getting something that is a huge compromise from the developers point of view. On top of that each new game at that point is usually just a re-iteration of games from the past.

The PS3 doesn't have that problem as of yet for developers. Look at the games that are coming out for PS3. They are mindblowing both graphically and gameplay wise. There isn't a single Wii game that can top the PS3 exclusives. Metroid, mario, SSMB, none of those can hold a candle to LAIR, MGS4 etc on ANY level. Those games are just way too advanced for Wii.

I don't have to prove anything cause this post will be here for years and years. When the cap is reached for what Wii and 360 can do, and the developers creativity in making Wiimote, nunchuck, or a million other peripherals to work in new interesting ways gets depleted, and the PS3 games are kicking complete butt and the system STILL won't have reached it's potential...everyone will be running to PS3. The PS3 system is on a 10 year plan. I'm guessing the Wii is on more like 3-5 year plan.

The PS3 is a very LOOOONG range system with a lot more potential in every single way. With the complete adaptability and versatility of the machine do you honestly think that Sony isn't cable of putting out peripherals and games that will put the wiimote and nunchuck to absolute shame as well as continue to do what they are currently doing?

The same can't be said about the Wii. The Wii can never have the graphic or physics capability, the storage space required to program not only better graphics but BETTER AND MORE COMPLEX GAMING CODE. 8 gigs of storage space per disc versus 50 gigs is a HUGE difference in gaming. More code space means the potential to do A LOT more with the games.

See I'm not a small picture thinking kinda guy. I don't care that Wii is getting some developers to make some games for a year or two. I don't care that Nintendo is going to continually re-hash mario, and zelda, and samus, and whatever characters they had for 20 years ad nauseum.

Regardless, no matter what you think, there will always be developers working for PS3 looking to make the best possible games...not churn out BS games as fast as possible just to make a fast buck and capitalize on a current trend.

Plus...swinging wiimotes and chucks does get boring....quick. Now if people get sick of the Wiimote games after a year or two and people just want to go back to playing games using a regular controller, which I'm guessing is what will happen, is Wii going to be able to go an make some fantastic regular controller based games that won't seem like the caveman ages compared to the PS3? No, cause they can't. It's physically impossible for them to do so. The gameplay and looks will just be too outdated.

Anyways, I'll stop babbling here. So that the guy who accused me of babbling can go on and babble himself in a less informed and intelligent way and prove even less than I ever could.

Wow, you just don't stop do you. Many developers are coming to Wii because
they see potential in the system, clearly. And sorry but the ps3 does not have good gameplay. And you keep talking about rehashing games..hmm Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 wow groundbreaking stuff, just because Nintendo has been out more does not make what sony is doing different.

Gypsykid said:

Again another dumb fanboy post will false info. 3 classic games for Nintendo systems..ok well Zelda is one already, then we have Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl there is four already. Plus another Zelda..so 5 at least. Wrong again you are. Also the hits are rehashed games, ok let us look at Ps3's "hits"..Killzone 2, MGS4..not rehashed at all..no way. a lot more classics and exclusives on the ps3, yeah thats why many games are shooters and can be found on the xbox 360 :lol: And where does your info come from?..Sega lost to Ps2 of all people I thought you would have known that and dream about that every night, wether the dream is wet or dry who's to say. Sega lost to the dvd player, and makes games for everyone.

You probably have more dumb posts on the other pages, but sell your wii, go to ps3 chat so I never have to read your lame posts again ok?

Why The Ps3 Isn't selling.....

There have been numerous reports around the web the last couple of days of many stores having PS3s by the stacks and many people are surprised that a next-gen console could be found easily this close after its launch. However, when you think about the environment that the PS3 debuted in it really is no surprise that it isn’t breaking the sales records that many analysts predicted. Here are some reasons why the PS3 isn’t selling as well as people thought it would.
Families want to play together.

Gaming has become a national past time in many households, but unfortunately many families also feel a disconnect because of gaming. Kids usually lock themselves in their rooms to play the latest games while parents wonder how they can spend more time with the kids. I’ve heard of parents trying to get into gaming, but there is such a strong disconnect between hardcore games and casual games that often times they simply give up. Enter the Nintendo Wii.

When Nintendo made it known that they were targeting casual gamers this also meant people who never really got into gaming because it didn’t appeal to them. Seeing how Nintendo Sports works and its hard for any parent to pass it up thinking of how great it would be to finally play a game that the whole family can get involved in. Instead of creating a next-gen console, Nintendo has created the new dinner table for the 21st century.
All my friends have a 360.

With multiplayer gaming on the rise, gamers want to play with their friends and of the three next-gen consoles out, most people will have the 360. Mix that in with the perfection that is Xbox Live and the 360 becomes one of the default gaming systems to get any gamer. I know that is a bold statement, but you already have a deep library of games and if you are going to compare the PS3 with the 360 you will see that the graphics and games aren’t any different at the moment.

People follow the crowds and currently the crowds are on Xbox Live.
Nobody cares about Blu-ray.

Okay, more than nobody cares about Blu-ray, but with the PS3 using Blue-ray it quickly became the main selling point for a system that’s main function is to play games. Looking at a HD-DVD or a Blu-ray disc on a conventional television and you won’t notice any difference than the image from a standard DVD. The majority of homes are still using conventional televisions and don’t have the entertainment setups that fully utilize all the features that Blu-ray offers.

Sure it is cheaper than a standalone Blu-ray player, but when those aren’t selling, what makes people think that they will sell on a video game console?
PS2 is too strong.

I think anyone will admit that the PS2 won the last console race and there are still great games being released for it so if you are a Playstation fanboy what reason do you really have to rush out and get a PS3 when you still have a very capable system and a huge collection of great games available? The Wii is simply better than the Gamecube through game mechanics and the Xbox 360 has been out long enough that if you are a Microsoft lover there is no reason to stick with the original Xbox besides to play games that aren’t backwards compatible.

Sony mistakenly believed that the success of the PS2 would translate over to the PS3 when this obviously was not the case.
$600 for a DVD player.

If you are going for the 60gb version you will have to fork over $600 for the system. If you are looking to get another controller and a game you are starting to look at $700 just to go home with something you can play. Parents are only so stupid and love their children only so much before realizing they can get more bang for their buck somewhere else.
What the future holds.

This doesn’t mean that the PS3 is a bust because it is simply too early to tell. With over 750,000 units sold during the holiday season you definitely can’t call it a failure. However, for everyone expecting great things still in Sony’s future because of exclusives you have to keep in mind that no publisher likes to give exclusives to any game console unless it is the leader of the pack. With so many Wiis and 360s out there in the market it will be hard for Sony to keep all of their exclusive titles exclusive and therefore giving people less of a reason to buy it.

There is a long way to go before we can declare a winner for this generation of the console wars, but I can guarantee this round will be much more interesting than the last one.

Last edited:
Tails McCloud~ said:
Just to clear this up, Sony Defeated Dreamcast with the DVD player in the PS2, SEGA, at the time, was on top of nintendo. Sony beat SEGA in the console wars, and now SEGA develops software for all systems.
If that help'd, you're welcome.
:)

Sounds like bullshit pulled from Wikipedia. The dreamcast failed because of the Saturn.

Sega stopped production on the Dreamcast just 2 months into the PS2's release. It had nothing to do with the PS2. They were unable to procure any developers because of what happened with the Saturn, such as EA who dropped out with Sega.

So don't continue to spread false bs please.

CantGetAWii said:
Sorry but my friend, chu dumb.
You don't know what the Wii has to offer, no one can say they do know. Seriously. BTW the artists you mentioned, yeah sorry but Nintendo doesn't rip off people, and pop out 3 babies a year.
How ****in stupid you are. Don't even understand the point of analogies do you? Well how about this. nintendo rips off gamers by making games for babies .....how's that *****? hahaha

And Ps3 the only system with next generation games :lol:..ok and oh yeah enjoy your tilt and no rumble on your Ps3.

I enjoy it very much. dumbass. cause it's THE GAMES that are absolutely INCREDIBLE. BTW Sony is working on getting a new advanced rumble. The current six axis isn't the be all and end all. God your dumb and misinformed. I can tell you really are just jealous of the PS3 aren't you and can't face reality. Rumble doesn't make games, but when the rumble does come out for PS3 it's going to be way better and a more intelligent rumble that's in the wiimote. Go do some research on it.

Now I don't know your friend, but being a non-gamer he knows nothing, also just because he doesn't look at the wii the same way he does at you,

My male friends don't look at me with lust the way you and your male friends look at each other...HOMO. No wonder you haven't played the PS3. You're too busy playing with your friends wii wii.

that is not my fault and sorry but those games coming out for Ps3..Killzone 2?..may look nice, but can't say the same about the gameplay.

That's cause you HAVEN'T PLAYED THEM. You've never played any PS3 game. I can tell your just a jealous asshole hating on something you don't or can't have. The PS3 games have the best controls right now. very smooth... Kill every nintendo product past and present. I'm very happy with the PS3 thank you. In fact I'm so ****in pleased with everything that I'm considering selling the Wii. It's hot gimicky garbage compared to PS3 I know...I own both and have quite a few games for both. I can actually compare first hand in my own time. Not just cry and defend something on a forums cause someone hurt my ego by saying something about my all precious Wii.

By the way the Ps3 has one of the worst libraries out there, 360's is much better.

You are even dumber than I thought because I know how you think now, and OHH LAWWWD this boy is dumb. Your confusing quality with quantity. The PS3 games including the ones just about to drop are incredibly better on every level than anything on xbox. I'm not talking about cross platform games..I'm talking exclusives. Resistance, motorstorm, LAIR, MGS4, Final Fantasy. all KILL the xbox and Wii exclusives.
I also don't recall a game where you "shake a stick" and the Wii is not just about exercise, like c'mon, but we all know you don't get any anyways.

Every damn wii game is shake a stick dumbass. cmon. Excercise? Who needs excercise when I got the best gaming system on the planet (PS3) and a few girls to enjoy...catch my drift? I'm happy as a clam.

you on the other hand are probably 120 pounds soaking wet and still a virgin, so go get that excercise and don't forget to get beefed up you lil ***** boy.
Wow, you just don't stop do you. Many developers are coming to Wii because
they see potential in the system, clearly.

No they aren't. They are coming to make a fast buck. All the developers knew all about the Wii probably years in advance. Most DID NOT SEE THE POTENTIAL AND DIDN"T THINK IT WOULD CATCH ON THAT IS WHY THEY WEREN'T THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Your not only stupid, but naive as all hell. Developers aren't altruistic people that just want to make great games and become legendary. THEY ARE BUSINESSES MAKING AND SELLING A PRODUCT. if the Wii was so great they would have been on board right from the beginning wouldn't they if the Wii was so great and special right? They only jumped on when it started selling lots of units. It;s selling lots of units because of the marketing. Marketing to an untapped demographic....fresh meat...*****.

And sorry but the ps3 does not have good gameplay. And you keep talking about rehashing games..hmm Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 wow groundbreaking stuff, just because Nintendo has been out more does not make what sony is doing different.

How can you comment on something you've never played? It sounds like your just trying to put it down cause you can't afford it. You no absolutely nothing about it cause you haven't really experienced it. I can tell. Don't try to bullshit me on that one either. Your one of those sore loser types that hates what he can't have. Pathetic.

As far as rehashing old games? At least Sony is truly taking those games to the next level in every possible way. Not only that...they are developing a lot more NEW franchises for every one that they make a sequel to. With Nintendo they are truly rehashing, with Sony...they are taking it to the next level. There's no ifs ands or buts about it.

Again another dumb fanboy post will false info. 3 classic games for Nintendo systems..ok well Zelda is one already, then we have Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl there is four already. Plus another Zelda..so 5 at least. Wrong again you are.
Oh big deal I was one off. go **** yourself. Zelda TP was gamecube game. regardless it's just sequels to the games that came out on the last system aren't they? That was my point you retard. That would be cool if they had more great classic games to offer but they DON'T ahahahaha

Also the hits are rehashed games, ok let us look at Ps3's "hits"..Killzone 2, MGS4..not rehashed at all..no way. a lot more classics and exclusives on the ps3, yeah thats why many games are shooters and can be found on the xbox 360 :lol:

Again mis info. Playstation has the biggest and best libray of games across all of it's systems. They encapsulate the best of every genre you can imagine. PS3 is only going to further that legacy and you know it. SO **** off. There is a big difference between what you HOPE will happen, and will actually happen. Your a total loser and there is no way what you hope will happen with the PS3 will come to pass.

This is how stupid you are...xbox has mostly shooters. That was never Sony's claim to fame dumbass. In fact like I already mentioned...Sony has many classics and great games in every single genre of gaming. Go look at your favourite game store and see the breadth of playstation games in comparison to any other console....you might as well call every game store a Playstation store that happens to sell some other console games as well. Playstation 3 has only came out less than a year ago. Already they are talking about tons of games that are currently in development that all sound great, whereas Nintendo is talking about maybe as much as I can count on my hand, and almost all of those are sequels.

Again look around and do your research. Your obviously living in your own little Mii bubble.

And where does your info come from?..Sega lost to Ps2 of all people I thought you would have known that and dream about that every night, wether the dream is wet or dry who's to say. Sega lost to the dvd player, and makes games for everyone.

Actually you short sighted freak. Nintendo was slowly killing SEGA since the NES and the Sega Master System. Sony came along and finished the job quickly. Since I was there when it was only those two and Sony was the new kid on the block I see it for what it was...the big picture. Nintendo always won against sega. Sony was just the nail in the coffin.

You probably have more dumb posts on the other pages, but sell your wii, go to ps3 chat so I never have to read your lame posts again ok?

Actually jealous fanboy...it would be me that would benifit. I mean not having to deal with petty jealous little wii wii fanboys like yourself that will defend Nintendo tooth and nail and make up every excuse in the book why PS3 sucks first without even playing and experiencing it, 2nd without doing the proper up to date research on it, and 3rd...CLEARLY NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE REALITY. 4th so involved with their consoles and brand loyalty that they are clearly brainwashed and blind to just about everything else except the great infallible Nintendo. You faggots really need to give me, yourselves, and everyone else a break on this ****.
Why The Ps3 Isn't selling.....

PS3 is selling just fine by last reports. All people needed was a price break to get the system they REALLY want.
There have been numerous reports around the web the last couple of days of many stores having PS3s by the stacks and many people are surprised that a next-gen console could be found easily this close after its launch. However, when you think about the environment that the PS3 debuted in it really is no surprise that it isn’t breaking the sales records that many analysts predicted.

Already outdated perception. This is a perception that is changing. Notice I don't say "a reality." The price cut actually put the PS3 to outsell the 360. None of you nintendo or 360 fanboys expected that huh?
Here are some reasons why the PS3 isn’t selling as well as people thought it would.
Families want to play together.

Gaming has become a national past time in many households, but unfortunately many families also feel a disconnect because of gaming. Kids usually lock themselves in their rooms to play the latest games while parents wonder how they can spend more time with the kids. I’ve heard of parents trying to get into gaming, but there is such a strong disconnect between hardcore games and casual games that often times they simply give up. Enter the Nintendo Wii.

When Nintendo made it known that they were targeting casual gamers this also meant people who never really got into gaming because it didn’t appeal to them. Seeing how Nintendo Sports works and its hard for any parent to pass it up thinking of how great it would be to finally play a game that the whole family can get involved in. Instead of creating a next-gen console, Nintendo has created the new dinner table for the 21st century.
All my friends have a 360.

Exactly, you said it yourself Wii isn't made for gamers, so why fight me tooth and nail on the fact that I say PS3 has better games and is the better system? Wii is more accessible, cheaper to buy, more friendly to a new demographic that is willing to spend their money on a new diversion or bonding tool for the family. That doesn't make it better as a GAMING system at all. That makes it lightweight and a joke to any serious gamer. So since you are all about the Wii I take it your a lightweight gamer yourself, and not even a serious or worthwhile person to even have this discussion with, because obviously your interests are not actually good games at all then. So you basically know **** all. Why are you even bothering fighting for nintendo if your a casual gamer? If you are in fact NOT a casual gamer. WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING ONLY HAVING THE WII. That's a really stupid move on your part. I personally bought the Wii knowing full well I was going to buy a PS3 later on down the line. I wanted the best of both worlds. Now I'm finding I can do without the world that is Wii cause it isn't very good, and even worse when it's compared to what sony has and what sony has lined up.
With multiplayer gaming on the rise, gamers want to play with their friends and of the three next-gen consoles out, most people will have the 360. Mix that in with the perfection that is Xbox Live and the 360 becomes one of the default gaming systems to get any gamer. I know that is a bold statement, but you already have a deep library of games and if you are going to compare the PS3 with the 360 you will see that the graphics and games aren’t any different at the moment.

Most people have the 360 because they had NO ALTERNATIVE FOR A WHOLE YEAR FOR A SO CALLED NEXT GEN SYSTEM. Of course PS3 games and 360 games look a lot a like right now. You know why? Cause those are ports. Games that are meant to be on multiple systems. FOOL. Here is a more fair comparison. Lets compare the launch games of the 360 and the launch games of the PS3. The PS3 games are SOOOO much better in every way. Look at what PS3 has coming down the line and what every other console has coming down the line...PS3 has the better games by far. Games that make your mouth drop both on graphics and gameplay. Also, How the hell is 360 and Wii goin gto be able to compete with only 7 or 8 gigs per disc versus the 50 gigs available on bluray? They Can't. Developers will much sooner run out of coding space for 360 or Wii games. Developer will look at what they want and are capable of producing and be like "**** the wii and 360 are holding us back to do what we really want and need to do with this game we need at least 15- 20 gigs we can't do that on some bullshit 7 gig disc. Lets just save this awesome incredible game for the PS3 cause it's the only one that has the storage capacity. Not only that It's disc will allow us 30 more ****in gigs than we need. We can make this game even more ****in incredible than we thought. We'll show those mother****ers at E3 next year that we're the ****ing kings of this game making ****" and that is all because of Blu Ray
People follow the crowds and currently the crowds are on Xbox Live.
Nobody cares about Blu-ray.

This is the dumbest sentence you ever wrote. As I read it I honestly can't believe what a stupid sheep you are. You can't see it? Gosh your a tool. You remind me of that old saying "if everyone jumped off a bridge would you too?" Your the retard that would answer "YES YES YES cause I wanna fit in cause I have no confidence or real sense of myself. I need to follow what I believe is the masses cause I have no mind of my own..I'm a useless retard...please guide me and tell me what to think...I so need to be a part of something real bad."
Okay, more than nobody cares about Blu-ray, but with the PS3 using Blue-ray it quickly became the main selling point for a system that’s main function is to play games. Looking at a HD-DVD or a Blu-ray disc on a conventional television and you won’t notice any difference than the image from a standard DVD. The majority of homes are still using conventional televisions and don’t have the entertainment setups that fully utilize all the features that Blu-ray offers.

Sure it is cheaper than a standalone Blu-ray player, but when those aren’t selling, what makes people think that they will sell on a video game console?
PS2 is too strong.

Again some other short sightedness on your part. you must have some thick ****in glasses and cataracts to boot. The PS3 is a future based system understand? Blu ray is next gen. Blu ray is superior to HDDVD. It holds more info. etc, etc. The future is High Def TV and BLu Ray is THE FORMAT OF CHOICE for high def video. Sony is preparing us for that future. You have to be somewhat of a visionary to understand this. Of course your dumb and blind and need the masses to lead you off bridges and cliffs. I see that about you now so I totally understand why you would think that way and it's rather pathetic.

Anyways..I'll tell you this. You may not give a sht about Blu ray personally at the moment, but when Developers run out of codespace in trying to make groundbreaking games either they won't even bother trying those ideas on the Wii and 360 or they will seriously COMPROMISE and CUT CORNERS in coding in order to just get a game made for those systems.

We are at a point in technology where more more info. therefore more space is needed to make things much better, including better video, better looking games, more complex and longer coding, etc. etc. 7 or 8 gigs is just not enough to make new ideas and other advancement possible.

I say you may not see it...or the importance of Blu ray, but you will when you see your friends and others enjoying these beautiful movies and much more incredible games on their HDTV's and you gotta go back home and play with something that you now feel is obsolete, and you will feel like you are missing out when that time occurs, and believe me...you will. To make matters worse you won't be part of the flock anymore...oh the horror the horror....what a *****.
I think anyone will admit that the PS2 won the last console race and there are still great games being released for it so if you are a Playstation fanboy what reason do you really have to rush out and get a PS3 when you still have a very capable system and a huge collection of great games available? The Wii is simply better than the Gamecube through game mechanics and the Xbox 360 has been out long enough that if you are a Microsoft lover there is no reason to stick with the original Xbox besides to play games that aren’t backwards compatible.

That's a really dumb statement. I think what it really means is "why did you have to get a PS3 and not me..I'm really jealous but I hide it by trying to bash the PS3 so as to keep myself (so I can protect my tiny fragile ego) from admitting how inadequate the Wii really is compared to something like the PS3."

Here's how it goes....you got this all backwards...cause well..your not too bright, and your making your arguments here based on emotions (your feelings of inadequacy) not truth of any kind. I know you know enough not to make these stupid mistakes.

Out of all the systems there is the most HUGE leap in technology and power between the PS2 and PS3. PS fanboys have the biggest reason to upgrade more than anyone else. Out of last gen PS2 was the least powerful and oldest system. PS fans had way more reason to upgrade.

Your statement about Wii being a huge jump from Gamecube...are you completely nuts and out of touch with reality? Wii is nothing but a somewhat beefed up GC with motion sensing. Most of the Wii games look like GC games, and I doubt they are going to end up looking or playing that much better in the future. I don't think Wii games are going to get much more advanced.

The differences between the original xbox and the 360 was very small too. The original xbox was by far the most powerful system last gen. 360 came out early in an effort to gain some early ground and in effect wasn't as advanced as it could've been. Not only that...it wasn't even developed properly. We all know about the extensive issues with the 360 and the extremely high failure rates. That aside, not a huge leap between the two.

The 360 and Wii are impulse buys initially (because we all know you got to buy a lot more **** to take advantage of these systems and use them to their fullest). They are on short life spans. They aren't built for the future...they are built for now. They might as well be Mcdonalds putting out Big Macs.

PS3 is on a 10 year life plan. Meaning its incredibly capable, and we won't see the best it could for a very long time. Sony basically put the future of gaming and home entertainment in our hands with the power and with Blu Ray, and you are being a ****tard and not seeing it for what it is. Not only that it's way cheaper when all is said and done compared to the 360.

Sony mistakenly believed that the success of the PS2 would translate over to the PS3 when this obviously was not the case.
$600 for a DVD player.

Again VERY short sighted. This is not the case in reality in the least. This is the case of you hoping what happens because you hate Sony for making you feel inadequate because YOU can't seem to afford the machine, Stop your crying you ****in ***** and man up.

PS3 is $600 for the best video game system in the world and a ****ING $800-1200 BLU RAY PLAYER. Blu ray is the future and the earth is not flat. You are the most ignorant **** I've ever come across...you know that?

BLu Ray is the next DVD. HDDVD is not the winner of this format war. HDDVD is inferior to Blu Ray. My guess is you will probably champion HDDVD just cause your pissed off at sony for making the best system, that you wish you really owned, too expensive ,and out of your reach don't you? I hate jealous little **** like you. I bet you tear down almost everything that is "better" than what you own right? It's another sign of poor confidence. Man up

you are going for the 60gb version you will have to fork over $600 for the system. If you are looking to get another controller and a game you are starting to look at $700 just to go home with something you can play. Parents are only so stupid and love their children only so much before realizing they can get more bang for their buck somewhere else.
What the future holds.

This doesn’t mean that the PS3 is a bust because it is simply too early to tell. With over 750,000 units sold during the holiday season you definitely can’t call it a failure. However, for everyone expecting great things still in Sony’s future because of exclusives you have to keep in mind that no publisher likes to give exclusives to any game console unless it is the leader of the pack. With so many Wiis and 360s out there in the market it will be hard for Sony to keep all of their exclusive titles exclusive and therefore giving people less of a reason to buy it.

ok, lets compare. Ps3 is ALOT cheaper than the 360. I don't see you bashing the 360 you *****...I know why...cause 360 isn't the best and most expensive...initially....and we all know why you do bash PS3 so lets move on.

To make 360 equal in functionality to PS3 you have buy a wireless adapter $150 if you want to enjoy high def video on your wave of the future high def TV you pay another $200, If you want to play games on-line you have to pay for it...a yearly subscription for ****s sakes. The system that just keeps on giving isn't it? ahaha Add that all up with the Xbox 360's price and your paying out the ass for something that is substandard on every single level except on-line play in comparison to PS3.

Also, Wii. You have to buy SD cards. Not only do you have to buy Wii motes...but you have to buy the nunchuk separetely. Which is quite a bit of money cause you are essentially paying for two controllers for every Wiimote nunchuck pair. If you want to play game cube games...bam... if you don't already have one...you have to buy a GC controller..damn that sucks. But oh wait...it doesn't stop...If you wan to save your GC games and you don't already have one you have to buy a GC save card too....damn this is getting ****ing annoying you really shouldn't have to buy all these bull **** extras to take full advantage of a system. But wait Nintendo has more accessories and other bullshit to waste your money on. Also the wii takes double AA's for the controller PS3 charges by usb. That means you're paying a lot on batteries or you pay a good amount of money for those charger packs which are mostly complete **** and don't last long, or you buying standard rechargeables and chargers. So there you go...about $400-450-500 maybe more maybe a little less just to get the most of your Wii? Doesn't sound so cheap does it? Especially considering it isn't a media centre it JUST plays games..3rd rate ones by todays and tomorrows standards. It doesn't have true surround sound capabilities. It's totally sub par. The motion controls don't make up for the fact that the systems and games are weak. Not only that, I found the motion controls really sucked on some games, and I was wishing I could just play them with a real controller.

There is a long way to go before we can declare a winner for this generation of the console wars, but I can guarantee this round will be much more interesting than the last one.

Sheesh, that's about the only thing that came out of your keyboard that I agree with and respect. Everything else...sheesh..I think it's obvious...

However here is my predictions:

Microsoft will pull a ***** move and release a new console to detract from the PS3 when it becomes the true gamers console of choice. Microsoft are ruthless and will stop at nothing in their efforts to be dominant. Their history as a company has proved that. It doesn't mean they will necessarily "win" but they will pull some **** out of their asses to try and make it happen. They will abandon the 360 in a heartbeat if they think they can win fast with something else.

Wii will sell a lot initially just like the GC, but will die off when casual gamers find another distraction like an iPhone or something, and the hardcore gamers abandon it for being such a weak system that failed to live up to its potential.

PS3: Will continue its legacy from the PS2 and continue to pump out the best games and be the most prolific out of the bunch. Despite the constant hate it receives from hateful ***** boys.

Anyways, despites my harsh words about the Wii...I think it's good for what it is. A Cool thing for people to mess around with if they really aren't into games. Hey they are easy to please. Since they are not into games they don't know what they are missing with other systems so they are easy to please. They just want their little quick fix then they bounce, and the Wii is perfect for that kinda bullshit. It's also great for nintendo fanboys.

Last edited:
Aww how cute another kid misinformed about Microsoft who thinks they are the big evil corporation!!! Sounds like me when I was 11 and ignorant!

Oh and don't make Novel posts. We don't like you enough to read all of that.

xIcaruSx said:
Aww how cute another kid misinformed about Microsoft who thinks they are the big evil corporation!!! Sounds like me when I was 11 and ignorant!

Oh and don't make Novel posts. We don't like you enough to read all of that.

We? Haha you mean your internet friends? How pathetic. Get a life you ****in loser. It's an internet forum. Not some junior high pathetic loser clique. You need a Trenchcoat Mafia to join or something. It's also funny that I've got more posts and been here longer than you and certainly contributed to this forum more than you and you're trying to act like your in the majority here or something. I think you may take the cake for being the dumbest monkey around here for the moment.

Anyways, another retarded comment. What a shame. Who said they are a big evil corporation? I certainly didn't, you monkey.

Microsoft is WELL KNOWN as being a ruthless competitor. How do you think they got to where they are at? Your completely ignorant of REAL business and how it actually works. You smell of naivety and simple mindedness. Its either your completely on a company's nuts or you think it's evil right? That's definitely how you think. You still think like a child, so I don't know how your smarter than when you were 11. Dichotomous thinking is a well known trait of someone who has little intelligence or is an immature child.

It's well documented the tactics Microsoft has used behind the scenes. Did I say evil or demonic in one instance? Go back and read. Don't think for one instance they won't abandon 360 mid stream if it's sales start to lag. They won't support the console for the traditional 5 year life span if that happens. Microsoft NEEDS to be "on top" and will do anything to accomplish that. Again that's not "evil," ignorant retard boy. It's called being COM-PET-I-TIVE. Read, learn, grow, understand, break the cycle of coming from a genetic pool of stupid, backwards people.

Besides. it sounds like you were a lot smarter when you were 11. What happened? Fall down stairs? Hit by a car? Some other kind of trauma which caused severe brain damage? Maybe doing nothing but playing playing baby games all day? Sitting around sniffing fluids? What was it? I feel sorry for you. I really do. Your brain must be almost complete mush by now. No hope for you.....hahahaha

Last edited:
GypsyKid said:
We? Haha you mean your internet friends? How pathetic. Get a life you ****in loser. It's an internet forum. Not some junior high pathetic loser clique.

Another retard. What a shame. Who said they are a big evil corporation? I certainly didn't, you monkey.

Microsoft is WELL KNOWN as being a ruthless competitor. How do you think they got to where they are at? Your completely ignorant of REAL business and how it actually works. It's well documented the tactics Microsoft has used behind the scenes. Did I say evil or demonic in one instance? Go back and read. Don't think for one instance they will abandon 360 mid stream if it's sales start to lag. They won't support the console for the traditional 5 year life span if that happens. Microsoft NEEDS to be "on top" and will do anything to accomplish that. Again that's not "evil" ignorant retard boy. It's called COM-PET-I-TIVE. Read, learn, grow, understand, break the cycle of coming from a pool of stupid backwards people.

Besides. it sounds like you were a lot smarter when you were 11. What happened? Fall down stairs? Hit by a car? Some other kind of trauma which caused severe brain damage? Maybe doing nothing but playing playing baby games all day? I feel sorry for you. I really do. Your brain must be almost complete mush by now. No hope for you.....hahahaha

Lmao that was the most random bullshit whine rant post I have read on these forums. Why are you ranting on about business philosophy? You were the one bitching about Microsoft's practices. You said it yourself it is just being a competitor.

If anything brought my brain to mush, it was reading retarded posts like that :(. I will miss you when you're banned. Have fun getting bashed on the PS3 forums fagbag. And don't you find it a little silly to be calling someone a boy when biologically speaking, they are old enough to have been the one inside your mom that created your existence?

Last edited:
xIcaruSx said:
Lmao that was the most random bullshit whine rant post I have read on these forums. Why are you ranting on about business philosophy? You were the one bitching about Microsoft's practices. You said it yourself it is just being a competitor.

If anything brought my brain to mush, it was reading retarded posts like that :(. I will miss you when you're banned. Have fun getting bashed on the PS3 forums fagbag. And don't you find it a little silly to be calling someone a boy when biologically speaking, they are old enough to have been the one inside your mom that created your existence?

Your the stupidest ****. Yeah Microsoft have good business practices and it's good for their company. That's obvious. It still doesn't mean they have the best console, with the best games, and the best future does it? Your so incredibly stupid that you don't understand the point. Their consoles have the highest failure rate, it was a complete rush job, and their next one is undoubtedly going to be same in order for them to remain competitive.

You such a lame **** that you HAVE to resort to doing nothing but try and bag on people on internet forums because you probably are a weak **** in real like with absolutely no balls or intelligence.

Your a complete ****ing ***** as well. Your hoping I get banned because you can't ****in win with me. That's your only ****in hope.

You have to resort to 10 year old childish insults instead of actually proving that I'm wrong. You know why...cause you can't do that?

You need to stop whining that someone has a different opinion and can express it. That's the reason why you and everyone else came in and tried to bash me on a personal level right? Cause your a bunch of little fools that can't handle that the system that you invested in and hoped so much for isn't and never will be all it was supposed to or can be. Now you can't handle that I can turn it back around on you guys huh?

So go **** yourself you 12 year old faggot.

Now if you are in fact older....your truly are the most pathetic **** I've seen. Just waiting around to insult someone with no real back up. Your mentally at 12 years old. And a ****in waste of life, and now bandwith.

Plus, your brain didn't turn to mush, it went into overload...It was like "ummm to big of a word and concept...blah blah blah...oh no insulting nintendo..NOOOOOOOOO you bastard...I must insult him now, he almost made me cry...you hurt my feeeewings when you hurt Nintendo...wahh wahh wahh."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back