Character Ranks (Strat. Guide)

HAHAHAHA. this is classic. people argue and argue over what characters are better than others. and then we get a list. and i can GUARANTEE you that people will complain like no other

Why did they rate the pokemon trainer like that, they should have seperated the pokemon, because charizards speed is not 7.

Alright I was going to try and not be so critical of this scale once I started reading it, who ever designed it did not have enough gameplay to be making the calls for a strategy guide.

Everyone's already mentioned the fact that these final smash ratings were all off. (Which I agree they are, seriously King Dee Dee is 7? it should be -7 for how bad it sucks ass)

But then I looked at who they ranked the best compared to the worst overall. (Marth was the best, which I thought was understandable)

Then you look at who's the worst, (the lowest over is 5)

The worst ranked: Kirby (yea i could see that), Olimar (yea he's not that great), yoshi (alright hes bad), Wario (Ok well, I think he's a little underestimated but not horrible), then Pikachu, where I finally concluded this guide is completely inaccurate and these players seriously have not been paid enough to make the calls, and if you don't think Pikachu is good, add me to brawl and I will demonstrate why. :)

These so called "ratings" are just the opinions of the person who wrote that particular player's guide. I highly doubt he sat there, played the game a million times with each character, and knows the true mathematical value to all the different attributes that make up a character. There are some obvious things... yes, the big fat characters are usually stronger and slower and everyone has that cheap attack that everyone besides the person who's using it hates... but yea... I don't think people should take this info too literally and base the "tiers" off this chart. I, for one, do not see how Jigglypuff's defense is 8.

But if you like, we can still argue about them and pick it apart :lol:

Ike is totally wrong. Sure he is slow in attacks and that has to factor in but all of his moves are kills, he has the best smash in the game and his b and his up b both have invincibility frames. I'll go to smashboards and post the real tier guide.
Can't find a concrete one but anyways i don't really care for the list IMO.

Last edited:
Back