Close "Introduce Yourself" Threads After 1 Week

NateTheGreat

Pondering Member
Jun 30, 2006
A basement on the hill.
Wii Online Code
4054-9249-4284-3802
I really like that there's an Introduce Yourself section of this site for new users to say hello and all, but I've noticed lately that people are saying hello to people who signed up like a month ago.

I always try to say hello to new members and it gets annoying when I think it's a new user and instead it's someone saying hello to an old member.

I say, after a week of being created, these threads should be automatically closed for posting. Anyone else agree?

I don't think iOn would have to go through and individually close each thread, which I agree, would take waaay too much time.

I know that when you create a thread that has a poll, you have the option to close the poll after a certain amount of time, so maybe he could apply that setting these "Introduce Yourself" threads.

this is a good request and it would be easy to do. i0n will have to approve before any action is taken:)

Thanks for the support, guys; it's not revolutionary but it would be a nice touch, I think.

MetroidZ said:
thats a good idea. but i'll also like no post count (as i've said before) maybe thats what makes some pple greet older members
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying you also wish there were no post counter? I didn't think posting in the "Introduce Yourself" section increased your post count.

That does make a lot of sense, i'll see what i can conjur up.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Back