Status
Not open for further replies.

demonflair

Slowly returning..
Feb 10, 2007
Portugal, Portimão
Wii Online Code
2967-1215-6372-5681
Ok, this is my first tutorial that I ever made.

How to start a thread?

Pretty simple, you just need to go to Wiichat's sections, in Forum Index. For example, if you want to start a thread related to a Wii Game, go to Wii Gaming, does it look dificuilt?? If so try this:

You can see in that image that we are in Wii Gaming Section:

thread-tutorial.gif

Just click in the "New Thread" , where the thingie is pointing, and you'll go directly to a new posting area.

Making a good thread isn't that simple.

You need to make a new thread, don't make a thread that already exists or else you'll have no posts.

If you don't know if that thread already exists, try this tutorial made by Brawny:

http://www.wiichat.com/site-feedback/22401-search-tutorial.html

It's a good search tutorial that helps in whatever thread you're searching for.

Also don't start useless threads, for example:

Don't start a fight with any Wiichat member, or else you will have everyone against you, and of course, if a moderator knows about this thread it will be closed, and you will probably get a ban.

You can see that in this thread:

tut.gif

Instead of starting a "fighting" thread with some Wiichat member just PM that person you want to "fight", altought you'll probably get a ban too.

Don't mention the word Suck, or other offensive names in a title of a thread, that will get peoples attention, but in a negative way. That is known as "Flaming".

Start a thread in the right section

If you want to start a thread related to yourself, do it in the "Introduce Yourself", in "Site Feedback". A lot of people introduces themselves in "The Lounge", which is wrong, if we have an "Introduce Yourself" why posting a thread saying "Hi" in "The Lounge"?

The Lounge is a thread in where you can talk about non-gaming things, for example:

In that section we have an "Ask a Cop" thread made by our mod The_Loose_Cannon. In that thread a Wiichat member goes there to ask several things about being a cop. If you want to start for example a "What's your job", or a "What's your dream?" threads do it in the Lounge.

Every week there's new threads with Wii Articles and Latest Nintendo Wii News, you can see that in the Forum Index, but you can't start a thread in those sections, because you don't have that privilege, only i0n, Wiichat's Administrator, and other moderators are able to start threads there.

In Wiichat we can talk about other consoles than the Wii, if you want to do it, make a new thread in PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo DS, or Nintendo Retro Sections.

See this person over here:

tut-example.gif

He starts a thread to introduce himself, he did it correctly, in the "Introduce Yourself", and he wanted to ask something related to Online, but he didn't, because he was in "Introduce Yourself" Section.
So if you're new in this forum, you want to say hi, and you need to ask something related to the Wii, ask it in the right section, not in the "Introduce Yourself" Section.

Wondering what's this??

tut-3.gif

When you see yours or someones threads there's always one of those icons near them. Be sure to check them sometimes, to see if it's changed.

So the tutorial is over, hope that it helped you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone thinks it's funny that each of us has ONE stickied tut even though I have written 3 times as many as you guys? Especially the search one, that pisses me off. It just proves that i0n hates me.

Brawny said:
Anyone thinks it's funny that each of us has ONE stickied tut even though I have written 3 times as many as you guys? Especially the search one, that pisses me off. It just proves that i0n hates me.

well, i0n is i0n:lol:

at least tyler likes you:lol:

**ETA - this post is number 619 so i dedicate it to rey mysterio:lol:**

Ha ha, I suppose I'm coming up on 1337 too. that will be the day.

Tyler > i0n lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brawny said:
Ha ha, I suppose I'm coming up on 1337 too. that will be the day.

I decided i will leave on post 665, the day that i do post number 666 will be a dark day :(

it will be really unlucky and tyler already is making a list of things to bully me with:(

But hey, i will do post 666 then quickly without no one noticing post number 667:lol:

If you read my other psot somewhere:

Tyler = GOD

hm.... I thought you posted. 7 is a "heavenly number" 6 just means "not attaining heavenly level aka: earth" It is not the "symbol of the devil" It is simply not heavenly.

</Christian rant>

Brawny said:
hm.... I thought you posted. 7 is a "heavenly number" 6 just means "not attaining heavenly level aka: earth" It is not the "symbol of the devil" It is simply not heavenly.

</Christian rant>

7 is also good for betting:lol:

777 - that will be a good post:lol:

demonflair said:
Do I need to make a "How to not Spam Tutorial" Thread?? :lol:

That my suggestion to brawny somewhere on this friend.

Dont mind me and brawny, we will move to some GFX thread soon, we're just passing by:lol:

Bump... :)

I felt that I need some more rep :lol:
I'm close to the 6th bar, only 10 points left :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back