How To Get Reputation Tutorial

Trulen said:
Quite Frankly, people who have the whole "Give me rep if I helped you" or "Give me rep" in their sigs, and ESPECIALLY MESSAGES seem completely obsessed over...
Tiny.. Green.. Blocks.. Which no one really pays attention to. Someone will look at post count before they look at green blocks, because most people think that the blocks just go along with post count.

And the whole, "I'll give you a rep if you give me a rep" deal just seems...
Well.
Un-rep worthy.

But I guess that ties in more with respect with rep.

In other words, if you do something good, you may or may not get repped. 95% of the time you won't. But you'll feel so much better than belittling(sp?) yourself asking for rep.

Slower, but greater satisfaction.
Couldn't have put it better myself. I'd definitly rather get rep deservingly, then to have the highest amount of points out of everyone unwillingly. Well said.

Meh, I don't really have an opinion on the rep system.... I'm torn between obsessed and nonchalant. Am I happy that I'm "winning" fairly? Yes. Would I cut myself if Jill got ahead? No.

Overall, you guys would probably like it better if you had more points lol.

Also, I agree 100% that the "rep me if I helped you" in sigs is really annoying.

I prefer the two comments in my sig over 5 blocks of rep any day.

A good tutorial but there are a few mistakes (read it through) and also i think you bolded too many things lol. but take some rep!

ottoman said:
A good tutorial but there are a few mistakes (read it through) and also i think you bolded too many things lol. but take some rep!

Yeah I read all the tut and I find out some mistakes, but they are all correct now.

And BTW I didn't recieve rep from you!?!

Brawny said:
Hm..... If I, a powerful rep member, disapprove of a noob, can I make them go red instantly?

I never thought of that. . .

:bow:Oh great overlord!:bow:

Yet again, great tute, any more planned?

Cpt.McCloud said:
I never thought of that. . .

:bow:Oh great overlord!:bow:

Yet again, great tute, any more planned?

Atm no, but in the future I can make some. Brawny will not enjoy this :lol: jk

Brawny said:
Please add.... "don't ask for rep in your sig"

and "don't ask for rep even when you help people"

:lol:

Everyone has this lines "Please give me rep, please!!"... it's becoming so lame...
I had one of those lines in my sig too, but I don't "ask" for it any more.

People are asking for rep, like if they were really poor :lol:

I was just reading your tute demonflair, and noticed a typo in your first suggestion (Darprinny, but should be Darkprinny). ;)

Good tute though! :)

Riviet said:
I was just reading your tute demonflair, and noticed a typo in your first suggestion (Darprinny, but should be Darkprinny). ;)

Good tute though! :)

Thanks for noticing that. It has been edited :)

A tutorial on how to earn reputation points? Are those things seriously that important?

Rep and post counts are out of hand. I have not paid attention to see if this is the case, but several forums here should NOT have posts count towards the total. Post counts and reputation = nothing. All it means is you post often. Not that you help, or are knowledgeable. Just not busy enough to step away sometimes.

Last edited:
Back