Component vs Composite cables

Marth101

Respect the Tiara
Feb 8, 2008
Houston, Texas
Wii Online Code
2257-8572-4114-2660
I just bought myself a HDTV and I was wondering is it worth to get component cables. Is there a lot of difference bewteen component and composite cables? Does the image on the component cables look better?

It will change from 480i to 480p, colors will be a little bit more vibrant, but that is. Remember Wii is not High Definition, just Standard Definition so you will not get the full potential of your TV (720 or 1080p)

The Nyko component cables are only $15. Thats not much, however knowing the quality of Nyko I refused to buy it. Is there anyone who brought these Nyko component cables to say whether its worth it or not?

I ordered a set of component cables on eBay. The total with shipping came to something like $7. I use component cables for one of my satellite receivers, and it's make a HUGE difference. So I'll be surprised if it doesn't make some sort of difference on the Wii.

IT'S VERY WORTH IT!!! especially at the price below! :yesnod:

Which Component Cable?

ANY cable... really... i got my 3 footer for $6.81 AFTER shipping from ebay.

ANY component cable made for wii. just dont' get one of those cables that supports, wii, 360, and ps3 all the same time... pricey!

ANY wii component cable 3 to 6 feet long... the shorter, the better! :yesnod:
Dealextreme ($5.78 including shipping)

Quite honestly..component cables (Mine are official Nintendo ones) make an amazing difference. I have a 52 inch DLP HDTV and I play smash bros a ton. The difference between having progressive on and off..is insane. Youl never want to play it on a regular tv again.

I feel left out : (
I just have a regular SD tv, no progressive scan or anything, w I'm one of those crowd that Big N uses as a support for not implementing HD heheh

i got the component cable,20 bucks and i see no difference,though i checked my wii today and it was on 480i which makes me wonder if it was on that the whole time? but im getting mlb 2k8,ssbb so i will tell you about those graphics this weekend

Back