Connection Help

billdavis said:
i am not really following you

The padlock means that you have WEP enabled on your router. This code should be on a sticker somewhere on the bottom of your router unless you changed it.

Look for the WEP code on your router and then go into the WEP settings for your connection on the Wii and enter it there.

error code 220602 I can test the internet connection and set it up fine and it works but when I try to go onto something like wii shop, it says "cannot connect to internet. Error code 220602" can you help?

Error Code 220602 when trying to access Wii 24

I have a linksys router WRT54G. I was able to search for and find my wireless network. The system performed a internet connection test and it was successful. I then performed a system update which took a few minutes to download. I have shutdown and restarted the Wii. When I try to access Wii24 I get the error 220602 unable to connect to the internet. I can see my Wii in my client table on my router w/MAC address correctly loaded. I can go check for updates without issue.

Any suggestions?

Since posting yesterday, I have spent more time. I udated the firmware on my router and set my channel to 1, turned off my firewall. I still have the exact same results..... Internet connection succeeds, but cannot access Wii24.

Ok, last post here. I fixed my issues by manually adding the DNS config. My Wii had just 0's for the DNS settings. I added the proper DNS settings and I am online. You can find these settings by viewing the IPConfig for your computer. Depending on which OS you have determines how to view the IPConfig settings. If you dont know how to do this, do a quick internet search for IPConfig and you should find details on your OS.

Last edited:
thank you so much for posting!! i had the same problems!!
but because of blevault's post i was able to get a connection!:smilewinkgrin:

Settings

Hi. Can anyone tell me where I go to find my Subnet Mask, Default Router, Primary and Secondary DNS numbers? I read of some people manually entering theirs and I want to try that to my wii but I don't know where to find them at. Thanks!!

Hi. Can anyone tell me where I go to find my Subnet Mask, Default Router, Primary and Secondary DNS numbers? I read of some people manually entering theirs and I want to try that to my wii but I don't know where to find them at. Thanks!!

If you are running a windows pc, click on Start > Run and type in cmd
-hit enter
It will open a black dos command prompt window. At the prompt type in:

ipconfig /all
-hit enter

Scroll up and you will see your IP address information.

Unless you have setup your connection manually, the typical subnet mask is 255.255.255.0, typical router address (gateway) 192.168.0.1, DNS is ISP specific, and will be listed in the window after typing in ipconfig /all. I usually put 192.168.0.1 (the router) as the primary DNS and enter the Primary DNS number in the black DOS window as the Secondary DNS address for the Wii.

Back