Dang, what happened to lots of wii's available???

cleoent

WiiChat Member
Nov 6, 2006
Everywhere, i mean like the 30 places i've called, walmart, target, toyrus, cc, bestbuy, frys... they're all sold out. I thought there was suppose to be an abundance of wii's?

It's no big deal, i definitely did not want it bad enough to warrant camping, or even get to a store early, but i thought these suckas were gunna be out there like they grew on trees.

Any ideas when the next shipments are coming in? All the places around here say maybe next week.

Yep, same thing happened to me I thought there would be a lot of wiis at the stores near me, but no prevail. I regret camping but oh well tomorrow's another day.

yeah same here i expected alot to be in stores but i didnt get red steel so i called around almost everywhere and they were out of red steels and nunchuks, man am i ever pissed, the one game i was actually looking forward too i didnt get. but oh well i got my wii.

I just ordered one!

Nintendo has a list of online stores which carries them and i went threw it visiting every one untill i got to sears.ca (im canadian) AND THEY HAD THEM. They have not emailed me for confirmation but i think i just got a wii at 900 on sunday night!

Ya everyone on here was saying that going at 4pm on saturday was too early but I ended up going at 7pm friday (I was the first one although some one else got there within two minutes of me) and at 4pm on saturday there was already 40 something people in line and there was only 20 Wii's.

patrickj said:
i called around almost everywhere and they were out of red steels and nunchuks

Yeah, I couldn't find any nunchucks today. Most places had like 6-10 Wiimotes, but no nunchucks.

Sorry for bumping.

I can relate to this 100%

So about a month ago i was at the EB Games near my house and was talking with one of the workers there as im playing a demo for Rainbow Six : Vegas and i ask him whats the new details on the wii and how do i go about pre-ordering one. He says, "we arent doing any pre-orders on the system, but las vegas alone is getting well over 200,000 of them so im sure you wont have any problem getting one." So im thinking alright cool. I'll just swing by first thing in the morning on sunday and buy mine.

Well yesterday night i was on my way to my friends house for his birthday, and i decided to stop by EB Games, the same one i went to before. I go inside and start chatting with the workers and the same kid who i talked to before was there. So jokingly i say "So i guess its going to be madness here tonight." He says, "Not really, we only got enough wii's in for our pre-orders". I just sit there and stare at him, then say "Dude, i thought you told me you werent pre-ordering the wii's" He turns his back to me and goes "Yeah, well thats what i thought...i was wrong" So i didnt bother with them at all today, i went around to the 8 other stores within a mile of my house and each one had a sign on the front door "Wii's and PS3's SOLD OUT!!!"

Has anyone heard anything on a new shipment date? I've been told tuesday of next week, but nobody says if its Tuesday (11/21) or tuesday (11/28)

AHHHH Frustration FTL!!!

My target had just had a crap load of wii motes and not so many nunchuks i wasn't able to get an extra one :( i'm just ganna wait for the nerf controler and nunchuk :)

thats basically how all the stores around me were...

TONS and TONS of wiimotes, games, point cards, and everything else...just no systems at all.

Mr.Herron said:
thats basically how all the stores around me were...

TONS and TONS of wiimotes, games, point cards, and everything else...just no systems at all.

lol wtf are you talking about.. my walmart only got 4 controllers... i was 14/35 :(

That is the wal-mart near you. The one near me had well over 30. They were stacked inside the case and on the shelf opposite to the case.

Back