Daves Video Reviews

ssbb_lover said:
Great job, Dave. You may very well get a job on here if you keep getting responses like this.

Oh well i doubt that, most websites still find my work too amature, thats why i have so few viewers. Thanks alot for the kind words however :D

+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:
"LOLZER"
Love That Name.

Great Job Dave! Keep 'Em Comin!

Do A Review Of Twilight Princess, Although That's From November. :lol:
Eh, Do Whatever The Hell ya Want.

You know ive been asked to do TP alot and i think im going to. I will be hitting up EB tomorrow and getting some new games but if for some reason i dont go, ill do TP :D

BTW guys if you have youtube accounts you can subscribe so that youll be updated when my new reviews are released

Just watched your MK:Armageddon one...

If you want serious critique, for starters I would suggest using a wider vocabulary and stop saying "like" so much. I know it can be hard (i'm not good at talking in front of the camera at all, believe me, I know), but when you do it it sounds a lot better. I'm going into high-school this year, so I had to do a crummy graduating speech type thing (about 3 minutes or less), I didn't say "like" at all and I used interesting words to keep the audience alive and listening.

Just a suggestion from a 14 year old. :p

Daveman said:
Oh well i doubt that, most websites still find my work too amature, thats why i have so few viewers. Thanks alot for the kind words however :D

You know ive been asked to do TP alot and i think im going to. I will be hitting up EB tomorrow and getting some new games but if for some reason i dont go, ill do TP :D

BTW guys if you have youtube accounts you can subscribe so that youll be updated when my new reviews are released

aha already did ;)

ssbb_lover said:
Just watched your MK:Armageddon one...

If you want serious critique, for starters I would suggest using a wider vocabulary and stop saying "like" so much. I know it can be hard (i'm not good at talking in front of the camera at all, believe me, I know), but when you do it it sounds a lot better. I'm going into high-school this year, so I had to do a crummy graduating speech type thing (about 3 minutes or less), I didn't say "like" at all and I used interesting words to keep the audience alive and listening.

Just a suggestion from a 14 year old. :p

actually i like it when he talks normal lol. it makes me feel its getting reviewed by the common consumer and not someone payed to review :eek:

lol i love his comments too "badass" "bitchin" "its a ***** to get in"

Well that's you, it makes you comfortable when he uses common people language. I think he should as well, but not say "And when you go in this cave, there's like 100 guys ready to kill you and junk...aww ****, see I just died because..." and the sentence goes on, but this is how I would try to phrase the same sentence: "Now when you enter this cave, there's going to be a ton of guys looking to kill you...aww ****, see, I died because..."

You see, some of the words are the exact same, but unnecessary words are taken out and better adjectives are inserted for other, "lamer" ones.

ssbb_lover said:
Well that's you, it makes you comfortable when he uses common people language. I think he should as well, but not say "And when you go in this cave, there's like 100 guys ready to kill you and junk...aww ****, see I just died because..." and the sentence goes on, but this is how I would try to phrase the same sentence: "Now when you enter this cave, there's going to be a ton of guys looking to kill you...aww ****, see, I died because..."

You see, some of the words are the exact same, but unnecessary words are taken out and better adjectives are inserted for other, "lamer" ones.

Dearly noted, however i dont remember me saying "And when you go in this cave, there's like 100 guys ready to kill you and junk...aww ****, see I just died because..."
which review was that? Oo

Daveman said:
Dearly noted, however i dont remember me saying "And when you go in this cave, there's like 100 guys ready to kill you and junk...aww ****, see I just died because..."
which review was that? Oo
LMFAO.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear that that wasn't how you talk, I was just comparing the 2 sentences. :lol:

Let me find a real comparison.

*EDIT*

Two examples from your MK review before it hit 1 minute:
Daveman said:
Get coins where you buy...stuff
"Stuff" isn't needed here, you could give a description of things you could buy however ("Where you buy weapons, armor, blah blah blah...). Definitely makes it sound better.
Daveman said:
Battles where you like fight a whole bunch of guys
Obviously this sentence could be updated with better grammar...

Maybe they're small, but these are two things that, if corrected, could affect the way you talk all-around. Remember, these are two things within the 1st minute of 1 of your videos...

Last edited:
ssbb_lover said:
LMFAO.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear that that wasn't how you talk, I was just comparing the 2 sentences. :lol:

*EDIT*

"Stuff" isn't needed here, you could give a description of things you could buy however ("Where you buy weapons, armor, blah blah blah...). Definitely makes it sound better.

Maybe they're small, but these are two things that, if corrected, could affect the way you talk all-around. Remember, these are two things within the 1st minute of 1 of your videos...

your just too educated for your age :/

you need to go play football with 19 year olds and get some dumb knocked into you ;)

j/k but still i kinda like it :eek:

ssbb_lover said:
LMFAO.

*EDIT*

I see what your talking about but i do my best to do something different from other reviews. If you want professional review, most people would hit up GT or IGN. My reviews are kind of like a more casual look at games

ssbb_lover said:
Sorry? :pPPP

I play about 15 hours of tennis a week...

yeah but play football some contact sport so your brain gets rattled some ;)

Daveman said:
I see what your talking about but i do my best to do something different from other reviews. If you want professional review, most people would hit up GT or IGN. My reviews are kind of like a more casual look at games

and thats why i enjoy your reviews :p

Daveman said:
I think my next review will be a DS castlevania game
castlevania cool, I like Dawn of Sorrow a hell of a lot better then Portrait of Ruin, thats just my opinion, keep it up Dave, I'm sure to stay in touch with your reviews

definitely helpful, cant say that i like the design of the joytech gun, the brando gun looks pretty decent though. i may get the brando gun, when more shooters are released.

Back