Diddy Kong Racin DS question

Axtlar

Del fuego he resurgido...
Nov 26, 2006
Houston Tx.
Wii Online Code
7688-9638-8193-7668
Hi, I have a question about this game: Can you actually add friends to the game and play with them even if they are a country afar from you? thank you.

From watching a TV ad a while ago I believe you can add people from all over the world. Don't quote me on that though, I don't have the game so I could easily be wrong.

Oh, well why thank you, Eagles, I really hope it's true, because I hated Mario Kart Ds for not being like that

You add people's friend codes and met them online as with every other wi-fi connection game including Mario Kart DS.

massi4h said:
You add people's friend codes and met them online as with every other wi-fi connection game including Mario Kart DS.

wait wait, so you add their codes right? and then you can actually play with them whenever you want? even if they are in the U.k. or Mexico? or do you have to be close to them (like in Mario Kart DS)?

You have to connect to a wireless internet connection of course (the DS is not a giant satellite that transmits all over the world).
There's two types of multiplayer, normal wireless which has like a 10 metre radius and wi-fi which is playing online. Both are available in Diddy Kong Racing DS and Mario Kart DS.

massi4h said:
You have to connect to a wireless internet connection of course (the DS is not a giant satellite that transmits all over the world).
There's two types of multiplayer, normal wireless which has like a 10 metre radius and wi-fi which is playing online. Both are available in Diddy Kong Racing DS and Mario Kart DS.

all right maybe not all over the world, but you know what I'm saying...And I know about W-fi, thanks but it's not what I'm asking, I'm talking more specific here, what I want to know is if you can set up races with people you have added in your list (not stranger random people)...but I see you've just answered it, so 10 meters only huh? oh, well.

On wi-fi you can add people's friend codes and there are special menus to play with just friends. Most of the time you have the option of finding randoms online or creating/joining friends.

So yes you can set up races with people on your friends list (both in MKDS and DKRDS).

Yeah but only 10 meters apart, right? that sucks, but thanks man! I appreciate the help.

Aaarrrghhh, you're still confused. You can play with friends around you with a 10 metre radius in normal multiplayer. But you can also play friends from UK, Mexico, etc if you add their friend code and host a wi-fi friend game. You CAN do what you're asking.

Just like computers. You can play on LAN with friends around you, you can play random servers online, or you can play with friends online.

Oh you can? wow, I thought you told me you couldn't do it! well those are great news..but trust me you can't do that with Mario Kart Ds, I have tried it, only random people from all over the wordl is that possible.

You can in Mario Kart, I've seen heaps of tournaments and what would be the point of friend codes if you couldn't?

I don't have wi-fi atm so I can't check but iirc, in MKDS, when you go into "Nintendo WFC Match" you pick to find people from either regional/continental (depends on U or E version of the game); worldwide or friends. I haven't personally done a friend match but when you get in, it would be the same as normal online but you'd have 2-4 of you and worldwide friends in the game (note: 4 is the max on wi-fi; on 10 metre radius wireless you can play with up to 8 players).

Back