do you download games you already own?

NO!!!! I believe it is a waste of money, if you really want to play the game that bad plug in the old dusty console and play it. However I do download games I owned and may have sold, that's completely fine in my opinion.

Dzapper said:
NO!!!! I believe it is a waste of money, if you really want to play the game that bad plug in the old dusty console and play it. However I do download games I owned and may have sold, that's completely fine in my opinion.
Well.. there are some of us here who have actually progressed past the twelfth grade. As for me, even if I did own the original, I'm not gonna haul all my old consoles from California to Ohio just in case I want to play my old games. Having them all in my Wii (which is smaller than any of the other consoles) makes a lot more sense.

I like to d/l some games I do have...like the ultimate classics (Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Link to the Past, Super Metroid)...but I do collect the actual carts..and I have all the systems ready to hook up and the games on the shelf, but for some reason I do d/l them onto the Wii. Its just fun to have them on there as well, because the wii is very very portable compared to the 9 systems I own.

I did not download any "games I already have" to my Virtual Console, except Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels, which I also have on my Super Nintendo and Game Boy Color (try guessing the resources! ) .

I lost my Zelda 1 and 2 cartridges years ago, mom probably sold them at a garage sale after I moved out. So I got those again. I got most of the games available on Animal Crossing, like Punch Out, Excitebike, Donkey Kong.

I only have an NES any more, all my other systems I didn't keep, so I have bought games for other systems that I have had before.

As for the NES, so far from my cartridge collection I have duplicated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and that's it. Mario 3 when it comes out. My Punch Out is the Mike Tyson's edition, so I don't consider it a duplicate.

KrisKhaos said:
I don't consider it a "waste", because even if you own it for another/original console you are paying to be able to play it on your Wii. Some people prefer the original feel, while others like the the array of controller options, portability, and convenience. Buying it again simply shows the publisher that at least one person out there (you) still appreciates the work, which helps keep that title alive.

Beautiful :)

I actually already own all of the titles I have on the VC but I just love being able to play them on the Wii....I guess I am lazy but it is just more accessible if you know what I mean lol...

Back