Do you think there's a Wii drought?

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
I've seen much discussion around Wii sites recently about a shortage of strong titles for the Wii. Couple this with the slow rate Virtual Console titles are getting released leads many to believe we are in the middle of a gaming drought for the Wii?

Here's a G4TV video debate on the subject:

[MEDIA]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3540086289209987205[/MEDIA]

With Super Paper Mario on it's way, and a good chunk of titles heading for Wii in 2007 are we really in a drought?

I don't believe so I have enough games to last me til then, I think that the consoles are slowy coming up too, and the games have a good lineup looking forward to them. The reason I say they are coming up is because they have been on the sears website for a while, and I saw 4 of them at walmart not even being touched yesterday, and I was going to buy another one but I already have extra one. So yea.

Last edited:
I dont think so I think all the PS3's are getting returned for Wii's :cornut:

Although I know tons of peeps that are still searchin for it

Yes, yes there is, people have different opinions, but from my view, at the moment there is. First off, I live in the UK so I don't have half as many games available as the US but then again, that shouldn't be a factor, people in the US had to wait too. I downloaded Mario Kart 64, playing it again was amazing, but I completed it in a few weeks after getting used to it, after having it on the N64, it no longer has any replay value. I don't want Mario 64, I have it on the DS, and most of the other Virtual console games look dated.

I'm going to have to wait for the 16th of March for SSX Blur, I don't play my Wii anymore, almost completely, so much that I may have to buy Kororinpa which is released on the 23rd of February, it doens't look bad but if I had a choice, I don't think I would buy it, I'll see.

no way, there is no drought for games at the moment. in fact its the opposite. i have enough games to last me till september at least. i have trouble fitting in all my game time.

Between school and work, I have about 2 hours a day to play the wii. Just enough to slowly work my way through zelda. Or madden and excite truck if feeling lazy. Just the right spacing for March.

seeing as no good games have come out since release. I say YES. It was enough of a drought to make me buy a 360 (still love the Wii, its just coming on to slow!)

Back