dont wii for a wii

motherbrainrulez

WiiChat Member
May 17, 2006
glass tank, zebes
Wii Online Code
8024-1926-5495-8435
i was in science today and we were doing something about urine and my teacher said someone in america died because they didnt piss for a week so they could get a free wii.
Apparently it was called dont wii for a wii but does anyone know if this is true?

wrong

it was a contest near the bay area california...a radio show was holding a contest where the person who can drink the most water with out peeing got a wii she died of water poisoning!!!!!

story and link

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16614865/
its dont wee for a wii!!tragic and very sad!

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - A woman who competed in a radio station’s contest to see how much water she could drink without going to the bathroom died of water intoxication, the coroner’s office said Saturday.

Jennifer Strange, 28, was found dead Friday in her suburban Rancho Cordova home hours after taking part in the “Hold Your Wee for a Wii” contest in which KDND 107.9 promised a Nintendo Wii video game system for the winner.

“She said to one of our supervisors that she was on her way home and her head was hurting her real bad,” said Laura Rios, one of Strange’s co-workers at Radiological Associates of Sacramento. “She was crying and that was the last that anyone had heard from her.”

It was not immediately know how much water Strange consumed.

A preliminary investigation found evidence “consistent with a water intoxication death,” said assistant Coroner Ed Smith.

John Geary, vice president and marketing manager for Entercom Sacramento, the station’s owner, said station personnel were stunned when they heard of Strange’s death.

“We are awaiting information that will help explain how this tragic event occurred,” he said.

Initially, contestants were handed eight-ounce bottles of water to drink every 15 minutes.

“They were small little half-pint bottles, so we thought it was going to be easy,” said fellow contestant James Ybarra of Woodland. “They told us if you don’t feel like you can do this, don’t put your health at risk.”

Ybarra said he quit after drinking five bottles. “My bladder couldn’t handle it anymore,” he added.

After he quit, he said, the remaining contestants, including Strange, were given even bigger bottles to drink.

“I was talking to her and she was a nice lady,” Ybarra said. “She was telling me about her family and her three kids and how she was doing it for kids.”

Yea thats a tragedy no doubt, because she was trying to win it for her three children. The radio station should give her kids the wii any because they mother died trying to win it for them. But people need to understand when their body can not take to much of something. It's just said it had to end that way. in addition 10 people got fired from the radio station.

i dont think her children would care for a wii at this time :( too bad, and the radio station can't be blamed either :(

Solard said:
i dont think her children would care for a wii at this time :( too bad, and the radio station can't be blamed either :(

I agree, but obviously she died trying to make her kids happy. So why not give them the wii what she died for. It would have sentimental value to them. But they will cry for a while, but that isn't going to last forever. The world is not going to end, so her kids will be right in the middle of whats going on today( games, music, technology etc). But i don't think the radio station had to fire 10 people because the contestants sign a contract.

hotpotato78 said:
I agree, but obviously she died trying to make her kids happy. So why not give them the wii what she died for. It would have sentimental value to them. But they will cry for a while, but that isn't going to last forever. The world is not going to end, so her kids will be right in the middle of whats going on today( games, music, technology etc). But i don't think the radio station had to fire 10 people because the contestants sign a contract.

thats tru its completely up to the contestants their adults.they shouldn't be fired they didn't make them do it...and it was probably all fun and games until she died..they should get a wii for sure with 2 wii sticks and nunchucks!

defjux82 said:
thats tru its completely up to the contestants their adults.they shouldn't be fired they didn't make them do it...and it was probably all fun and games until she died..they should get a wii for sure with 2 wii sticks and nunchucks!

Thank you! Somebody understands where i'm coming from. It's done a sad situation, try to make it better. yes i agree to, i believe it was all fun and games until she died because thats how competetions are, you want to win but you don't want to see something horrible happen to your opponent. You want a good fun competetion where you can taunt the opponent,make jokes, laugh, and get serious But you never want to see the opponent end up in the hospital or dead.

www.news10.net/display_story.aspx?storyid=23350
Preliminary autopsy findings concluded a Rancho Cordova woman who competed in a radio station water-drinking contest before she was found dead Friday showed signs consistant with water intoxication, Sacramento County Coroner's Office authorities said Saturday.

The results of a preliminary investigation released Saturday showed evidence "consistent with a water intoxication death" in the death of 28-year-old Jennifer Strange, Sacramento County assistant coroner Ed Smith said.

Smith said the autopsy found no traces of "life threatening medical conditions" that would have otherwise explained Strange's sudden death.

Strange, 28, was found dead inside her Astral Drive home in Rancho Cordova Friday afternoon. Her death came just hours after Strange participated in a radio station KDND 107.9 The End contest, testing contestants to drank as much water as they could without going to the bathroom.

The winner of the "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest would take home a new Nintendo Wii video game system.

Strange's co-worker at Radiological Associates of Sacramento Laura Rios said Strange participated in the contest Friday morning, then was heading home when she reportedly called her supervisor in terrible pain.

"She said to one of our supervisors that she was on her way home and her head was hurting her real bad," Rios said. "She was crying and that was the last that anyone had heard from her."

The supervisor called Strange's mother, who went to her daughter's home and discovered the body.

Sacramento County Sheriff's Sgt. Tim Curran confirmed Strange's death Friday, but said there were no immediate grounds to begin an investigation.

According to contest participants, 17 to 20 contestants took part in the competition in a room at KDND's Madison Avenue studios. The contest broadcast during The End's Morning Rave program began around 6:15 a.m. as contestants were each handed eight-ounce bottles of water to drink every 15 minutes.

Fellow contestant James Ybarra of Woodland said he met Strange at the event and had no idea of the potential danger of water poisoning. "They were small little half-pint bottle so we thought it was going to be easy," Ybarra said. "They told us if you don't feel like you can do this, don't put your health in risk."

But after 90 minutes of drinking, Ybarra decided he had had enough. "I tapped (out) after five (bottles)," Ybarra said. "My bladder couldn't handle it anymore."

Ybarra said after he quit, the remaining contestents were given even larger bottles to drink to stay in the competition. Strange was still in the contest when he opted out.

"I was talking to her and she was a nice lady," Ybarra said. "She was telling me about her family and her three kids and how she was doing it for kids."

Ybarra said before the contest, he did not read a liability waiver form handed to him by station personnel before signing it. Ybarra said he was surprised by the physical toll he felt after the contest.

"I was kind of out of it yesterday. I was just drained. I was just going to the bathroom," Ybarra said. "I wasn't feeling well and I actually fell asleep. I woke up with a headache (Saturday) morning and then took a couple of aspirins."

Ybarra said he was unaware of any medical personnel on hand to monitor the contest.

In a brief written statement issued Saturday, Entercom Sacramento VP and market manager John Geary expressed sympathy for Strange's family.

"We were stunned when we heard the news," Geary said. "We are awaiting information that will help explain how this tragic event occurred."

"They should have had a physician there, some type of statement or as to this can kill you. You can die from this," Strange's friend and co-worker Tracy Beam said. "People have died from this before and here we are. We don't have our Jennifer."

"I believe everyone should just be fired and let go from that radio station," Beam said. "It should be the end of The End."

Back