EA: PS3 to outsell 360 this year?

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Electronic Arts has predicted that the Wii will remain the dominant platform in the West in 2008, but that the PS3 will enjoy better sales than the 360.

According to sales predictions issued by EA, the Wii will continue to dominate hardware sales in both North America and Europe, predicting that Nintendo’s console will sell between 12 and 14 million units during 2008.

However, the race for second place looks like it will be an interesting one, with the PS3 predicted to sell between 9.5 and 11.5 million units in the West this year, whereas the 360 will “only” manage 6-8 million during the same timeframe.

It seems that this shift in fortunes is going to be down to Europe. According to EA’s predictions, 5-6 million PS3s will be sold in Europe this year, compared to 6.5-7.5 million Wiis and 1.5-2.5 million 360s.

In North America, EA reckons the both the 360 and PS3 will sell around 4.5-5.5 million units each, while the Wii will sell around a million more.

More importantly, with EA forecasting that only 3.9-4.9 million PS2s will be sold this year in the West – noticeably less than the next-gen formats – it seems that the games market is well on its way to moving on from the last generation of console.

Source

..cool but it still wont catch up to the 360. this is just one year.

good news though, if it comes true.

it doesnt help that the 360's best games are behind them (halo 3, bioshock, mass effect), while the ps3 has MGS4, resistence 2, and final fantasy 13 coming out this year (unless final fantasy13 came out already, i dont know if it did)

Doesn't surprise me, the PS3 has some fantastic games coming out in 2008 such as Final Fantasy XIII, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Grand Theft Auto IV. Sony has a great year ahead of them (at least in my opinion they do).

killik119 said:
Omg, did T3kni9e actually agree with something positive said about the ps3? My godness, it begins...

Lol :p

To tell you the truth i think 360 will be in last place this generation. I think all of the best PS3 games will come this year while 360's have past with only a few good games coming.

There's still millions of ex-ps2 lovers who still do not own any new generation console who do not want the Wii, don't know anything about the 360 and are just waiting for the price drop to get PS3 and/or waiting for the great games (MGS4, FF13, Killzone). No point in denying the inevitable :D Besides, I have my own PS3 so its not like its a bad thing for me ^_^

FR said:
Doesn't surprise me, the PS3 has some fantastic games coming out in 2008 such as Final Fantasy XIII, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Grand Theft Auto IV.

GTA4 is multi-platform, and whenever it comes to multi-platform, 360 has had the better end of the deal most of the time.

And who knows when FF13 will ever come out, and even if it does release this year, it will only be out in Japan, while US fans will probably have to typically wait another year, and don't even get me started on UK fans of the game..

MGS4 looks damn good, and no doubt it'll play as good as it looks.. But unless they hype it like MS did Halo 3, I doubt It'll give that dramatic of a boost in console sales.

I'm not going to assume the that either console will be better, but I am going to guess that it'll probably be a close race between the two with the way things are looking this year.

In my opinion Wii is the clear winner out of all but thats just me, the ps3 comes 2nd in my opinion and 360 is just trash to me.....i think that the ps3 is going to rise a lot this year while the 360 starts to dig itself a grave =]

I find myself playing my Wii the most BUT not really Wii itself I play alot of VC ( i guess its just to revert back to my childhood lol) but for hardcore games I honestly like my 360 better then the PS3 but now of days if your really into games you need all 3 because of some games being exclusives.

Just like God of War 3, Final Fantasy 13 will NOT come out this year. You can dream all you want. You should know by now Square takes immense time to launch their Final Fantasy games. That's a good thing, because whenever they do rush, it turns into FFX-2. MGS4 ha been delayed till June, maybe even later.

Sony has announced in recent news they will be dropping their game prices to $35 in Japan. Games like Resistance. Now that's a very smart move, and if they act more like that they could gain serious sales. The $60 game is too freaking much, current sales show it.

When are they dropping Resistance: FOM to $35 in the USA? I could buy it after a price drop and get it used with my edge card.

Back