EA's Madden Response to me

zeropants

WiiChat Member
Jun 20, 2007
My submission:
My Madden 08 will not let me save anything I do in Franchise mode. I can't complete anything past the intitial setup. When I go through the training camp drills I can't save my progess because it kicks me back to the mini-game menu.

EA's Response:
Hi,

Thank you for contacting us here at Electronic Arts Technical Support. I’m sorry for the difficulty that you are having with Madden NFL 08. The developers are already aware of this issue and they are already looking into this. Meantime, try to manually save the game manually then disable the autosave feature and see if this helps.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. If you have other questions or concerns, I will do my best to address them.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com)

Anthony C.
EA Games Technical Support

Of course, I've already tried both save options...neither works. I am glad they at least took responsibility for the problem.

I haven't had any issues with the in-game play...just the side options like internet connection and game save. If those get patched, I'll be happy for now...

The more I hear about this game the more I am freaking out about spending $50 bucks on a preorder that hasn't even arrived in the mail yet! Is it as bad as everyone says?

Honestly, once I'm in the game, the controls are responsive and if you adjust the sliders (just like in previous years) you can get it to your liking. If I could save my franchise, and had better success with online connection I'd have only one minor complaint...and that is the removal of create-a-player in franchise mode. However, you can find someone the age you want in the free agent pool, and edit them to whatever you need and sign them...so it's pretty much the same thing.

If the online play is fixed (and a patch is reported to be on the way) then the game is worth it to me. I still just cant figure out why they released this game with the flaws every is finding. You would think the tester had to see this.

Wii Brendo go to http://wii.ign.com/ and they have a video review showing the issues with the game.

Personally, the online thing is all that upsets me. But the game is so full of game modes that each individual likes different things. When you watch the video, you will see the flaws. After that, you will have to decide for yourself whether you want the game or not.

I mean it did still get a 8.5 with IGN and like an 8.0 with gamespot. How many wii games can say that? And they are supposedly fixing online so that will put the icing on the cake.

IN it's present condition, it's bad.

Post patch, it should be good.

jared19 said:
You would think the tester had to see this.

You would think but this is the same company last year that released NHL 07 for the pc,xbox and ps2 with completly totally obvious flaws in the goaltending so nothing they do surprises me anymore.

wiinight said:
The more I hear about this game the more I am freaking out about spending $50 bucks on a preorder that hasn't even arrived in the mail yet! Is it as bad as everyone says?

cancel it and get your money back if you can. get 07 used cheap instead.

I've yet to have any issues with the online gaming portion. They also improved the controls a little.

kenn said:
cancel it and get your money back if you can. get 07 used cheap instead.

Too late! It was in the mail this morning so I will try it out tonight and it I really hate it I will trade it in.

I played onlinbe today and its alot better. I repeat, alot better. I made it through an entire game and the respons time was much better, not perfect, but almost.

That's encouraging. If that's corrected, all that's left is my ability to save a franchise and I'll be happy!

I think people are over reacting for Madden 08

I play online all the time people are juste over reacting to me there is no lag the only problem is the save in franchise So I save manually and it works other then that thats it Online is fun just retarded people are choosing opponents with 1 or 2 bars or they are wireless and they are so far away. huh, people these days.............

I play online and I always have to deal with the lag. I tried my wireless connection AND I tried connecting my Wii directly to the modem and the delay in controls was equally bad. Online play was my main reason for getting madden and so far I'm pretty disappointed. But if what they say is true and the problem is being worked on, then everything will be worth it.

Back