Failed System Update

Runoe

WiiChat Member
Feb 23, 2007
My Wii is connected to the internet by wireless to a linksys router. I've updated the Wii to its most current version.

Everytime I go to play a game from the Wii menu the disc channel doesn't show the game that is in. I click the disc channel and it tries to initiate a Wii update. The update fails and I get a "Failed System Update" message then I get kicked back to the menu. The disc is inserted the proper side up and I've tried resetting and putting in different discs with no results.

The router is set to channel 1. I've also tried channel 11 and neither have any effect. Any one have a solution??

the wii itself it totally updated with the most current version. When I go to play a game (any game so far) it initiates a wii update which fails then boots me back to the wii menu.

To clarify, i'm not trying to update the wii. I'm trying to play the game and the wii tries to update and fails even though i'm updated to the most current version.

It is possible that i'm a complete dumbass but it is not the case. Yes, basically the disc won't read. If you need i can try to reword what the problem is. What I don't understand is why it tries to do a system update when i try to start a game up.

paintba||er said:

If thats what was happening I doubt he would mention a system update. Unless he's a total dumbass which is entirely possible.

That's so uncalled for.
Don't be a dick.

He asked a simple question.
And honestly, you're the dumbass for not knowing what he meant automatically.
It was obvious that he was talking about a game disc in general.

In any case, You should call Nintendo Customer Support right away because that's not a problem anyone can just fix.
You will probably have to send your Wii for a new one if it's having disc read errors.

Are you completely sure you updated completely?

blueradio said:
That's so uncalled for.
Don't be a dick.

He asked a simple question.
And honestly, you're the dumbass for not knowing what he meant automatically.
It was obvious that he was talking about a game disc in general.

In any case, You should call Nintendo Customer Support right away because that's not a problem anyone can just fix.
You will probably have to send your Wii for a new one if it's having disc read errors.

Are you completely sure you updated completely?

Well it was meant as a joke. It is probably a problem with the console if it tries doing a system update when you insert a game. If it does it with more than one disc than it isn't the disc and is more likely to be a hardware problem.

Well yeah, but I mean you could've just said that. I mean it's kind of obvious.
but he's a new user and you should show respect is what I'm getting at.

blueradio said:
Well yeah, but I mean you could've just said that. I mean it's kind of obvious.
but he's a new user and you should show respect is what I'm getting at.

Well as I said it was a joke and you just took it in the wrong way. I didn't say "oh your a dumbass this is obviously...blah...blah....". So I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way but it wasn't intended to be an insult

I'll have to call them up and send it in then. Thank for the help everyone.

Back