Favorite Game Music?

Hello........

Definitely Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. i love those...and the harry potter video game music is pretty sweet. i just love harry potter though so that might.

Today, video games are coming with great music! Please list your top favorite video game music! Just for fun.

1. BioShock
2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
4. Call of Duty: World at War
5. LittleBIGPlanet
6. Burnout Paradise

My favorites (that I remember) are those:

1) Theme:
- Duke Nukem 3D
- Monkey Island
- The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past

2) Composed Music:
- Warcraft II
- Quake II
- Outlaws

My favorite game music is Need For Speed underground and I like it very much and my mobile ringtone is also my game music ;)

There's no way in hell I could pick a single favorite piece of gaming music... Too much to choose from, too much I love.

I'd have to pick a favorite OST, and that'd go to Shadow of the Colossus. Ambient, intense, foreboding, SotC's music pulls you in no matter what the situation in the game is. Either it sets the mood perfectly, or blends with the mood seamlessly. For a game so lacking in dialogue and story, the gameplay and the soundtrack absolutely need to carry it. It achieves both with all due brilliance.

The World Ends With You achieves an incredibly close second place for me, though. Just like SotC, TWEWY's OST either sets the pace, or perfectly keeps up with it. Not to mention there's just no other music in gaming that's at all similar. It's unique without using that uniqueness as a mere gimmick, and speaks a large quantity of quality (literally).

How did such an interesting thread die out?

Anyways, the best OST goes to FFVI. This is a well-known fact. SotC is a runner-up.

Back