Favourite Video Game Store?

Costco is OK, but they sell everything in large packages. You can't get a Wii without it coming with 2 games and an extra Wii Remote. That makes me a little irksome.

Frogger said:
I love eBay too, but new releases seem to go for more than their value. Nevertheless, they have amazing gaming brikabrak that I shall be raiding with my EMA. One of the downsides is that they never tell you if a game is from a smoking home and you just get the whiff of death when you open it, that or the instruction manual is damaged/ missing.

As for gaming shops, I never buy off the highstreet, I never rent games either. They just seem to be robbing you with your high prices, and I never liked Blockbuster because they discontinued N64 games way too early and most game shops had a tiny little GameCube shelf. Also stocking is a problem, the good games sell out very quickly and are reserved all the time.

Play.com is a Godsend and gives me a fair price (and I like in the UK) but they get dates wrong on release and follow rumours too easily (remember Zelda November 2006? and the March 2007?)
EMA... can't wait for that! 'cause I know I'm gonna end up wasting all on stuff I don't need (new clothes, new games etc.). Feel kinda bad for people paying tax and stuff to provide it for us.. but still.

I hate how gamestop opens the new games and puts the disc in a sleeve behind the counter. So I buy new from Best Buy only. Rewards cards and coupons are a plus. Rental is online as Blockbuster doesn't have many Wii titles and charges $9 for a 5 day rental. Online rental unlimited for $6.75 a month.

Last edited:
My favourite store to buy games from is JB Hi-Fi they're always cheaper than most (if not all) other places, even by just a few dollars.

deity_link said:
My favourite store to buy games from is JB Hi-Fi they're always cheaper than most (if not all) other places, even by just a few dollars.
Yeah, totally agree with you mate. If I'm desperate for a game and JB doesn't have it and I don't care about price, then I will pop into EB games.

Back