Favourite Video Game Store?

I usually buy at best buy but if I don't feel like driving far I go to Wal-mart. The gamestop where I live isn't very good but I go there every once in a while. I never order online because I hate to wait and the one time I did the game I got didn't work. I will order online if you can't buy the game at the store anymore.

Always rent my games from Blockbuster, sometimes Family Video if I owe money at Blockbuster lol. In my town of 30,000 people, we have one gamestore...Ultamite Gamezone but they tend to rip people off, charging $4 less than what a name game would cost, if it's used. < Did that last sentence make sense? Idk I'm tired. I've only bought one game off the internet in my life, Morrowind GOTY from Ebgames...great place.

Gamestation has the best deals in the UK... But it also stinks horribly of BO and the staff all look like socially rejected goths - who weren't cool enough to hang out with even the regular (socially rejected) goths...

The store smells of BO (Dundee's store in particular) because they allow trade-ins on old games/systems. This is good in one way as it means I can beat a game and get maybe £10-25 back if I trade it in against my next game...
But it allows the NEDS/Chavs and basic scumbags of society to try and flog all their old sh*t cause they want the latest Fifa game, or just to try raise some cash for smack/crack/buckfast/white lightning... These people smell bad and are always lurking in Gamestation, therefore the gamestation stores smell bad.
The Decor is a nice bland grey and black - it would (maybe) have looked good in the early 80s - (but that doesn't mean it looks good in a retro way now).
The staff are expertly trained to "not" stack the shelves regularly, and also they are also expertly trained to "never" hoover the floor or try to tidy up. (Thats what you get for employing weirdos - at minimum wage).
Ensuring that all staff maintain a complete lack of proper social skills, and the above mentioned points, makes Gamestation a "unique" shopping experience.

Still... I'm not f*cking shopping at woolworths...

(There are a few normal people working at Gamestation - but they are outnumbered 10,000 to 1...)

Mine is JB HiFi, there always really cheap and have rare games in stock alot. Or eBay. Its where I got Parappa the Rapper 2!

Definetly Gamestop or EB Games. They have the largest selection, and everyone there is really nice and cool! I have many gamestops near me so its the right choice.

EB Games and Future Shop would have to be my favourite video game stores.

Wiired said:
eBay is my game store :D I like saving money.

I love eBay too, but new releases seem to go for more than their value. Nevertheless, they have amazing gaming brikabrak that I shall be raiding with my EMA. One of the downsides is that they never tell you if a game is from a smoking home and you just get the whiff of death when you open it, that or the instruction manual is damaged/ missing.

As for gaming shops, I never buy off the highstreet, I never rent games either. They just seem to be robbing you with your high prices, and I never liked Blockbuster because they discontinued N64 games way too early and most game shops had a tiny little GameCube shelf. Also stocking is a problem, the good games sell out very quickly and are reserved all the time.

Play.com is a Godsend and gives me a fair price (and I like in the UK) but they get dates wrong on release and follow rumours too easily (remember Zelda November 2006? and the March 2007?)

My favorite game store would have to be Best Buy or Circuit City. If it had to be only a game store then I would say GameStop even though the people that work there are usually not nice.

Back