Fifa Soccer 08

Warrior

WiiChat Member
Jun 11, 2007
Any news on this game? I love the Fifa series, and i really want 08 for Wii. I hear its online, any confirmation on this? Or any general news or screens?

Thanks. :yesnod:

Fifa Soccer?
Not even going to start an argument
It's just called Fifa, Damn Americans

fifa-07-portada.jpg

ETA: No news as of yet except Online

ummm actually i live in england, lol. i just put soccer there so the yanks knew what i was talking about.

Can i have a link to the online confirmation please?

I just found this on IGN:

"In our early playtest, we got a peek at what the company plans for the Wii version of FIFA Soccer 08. The game will use much of the core assets and engine from "last-gen" versions of the game, so the main game will look on par with what the other teams are doing with the PlayStation 2 version of the series. There will be specific changes -- for example, the default camera will switch from the familar side-scrolling television style presentation to a very NHL Hockey top-down, vertically scrolling movement. The decision to go to this camera was so that a lot of the Wii-centric motion controls wouldn't feel "off" since they're sensitive to your character's position.

For example, if you want to pass the ball to a teammate, it's a flick of the remote in the direction that you want to send the ball -- flick it to the left or right to pass the ball left or right, or flick it forward to pass it ahead. Kicking the ball towards the goal used a "scooping" motion to mimic the foot -- dig it hard and fast and the ball will go in that direction. If you need to throw the ball in from the side, raise the Nunchuk and Remote controls over your head and make a tossing motion...easy as that. Slide tackles were also applied to the motion controls that makes it as simple as flicking the wrist when you want to go for the ball."

Oh...My...

Are they serious? "Scooping" the remote to shoot? Flicking the remote in different directions to pass? Over head throw ins? Thats disgusting!

Why didnt they use the controls they used for Mario strikers charged, they were perfect...i was looking forward to shaking the remote to barge and using unique tactics with the remote...

But this is just stupid..

Thats well better, Strikers is so much different that Fifa. I hope this goes down well. Strikers is a side scroller but the Fifa camera techniques are looking good. Maybe passing could be done with an 'A' or a flick of the nunchuk but they definatly use the Controls to use :)

i would much rather have the strikers control setup. and im sure you can change the camera to scroll sideways again. i hate playing from that view from above...its annoying.

At the moment Fifa is looking crap to me. Im sorry but i just saw an interview, you also holdm the controllers up and save the ball...in real time if your controlling the keeper.

WTF? just go with the usual mode, where the saves are automatic...how stupid?

Oh Wooooooooooooooooooooow
Another multi format/cant be arsed doing mutch to/Wii will be the worst version/copy pasta/ever year the same game pile`o`crap this time from EA

I can understand the vertical view working better with the Wiimote for single player but for 2 player i think it would kind of suck as one of you has to play downwards.

Hopefully they will include different camera views and control options because to be honest i think i would rather use a GC controller than the Wiimote for footie.

apparently pro evo 7 is coming to wii...bye bye fifa...If the Pro controls are better, then im buying pro. Search google.

Wii_smurf and others like him:
You Europeeings don't have any perspective on what Americans know about soccer, or how familiar we are with it. You just assume that since we have other sports more popular than soccer, that not a single American, or Americans as a whole are negligent about soccer. Here in the US, any self respecting sports fan would know what FIFA refers to, and where I live, many of us watch EPL and other international games on a weekly basis. I will admit, MLS is no where near the quality of european soccer...YET, but that is mainly because that would be comparing 25 years of professional soccer tradition here to well over 100 years in europe.

All the hate directed at Americans in relation to soccer is due to the fact that soccer in the US is becoming more prominent on the world stage and we are catching up in terms of skill and prominence. You simply don't like that we are taking one of the last things that you have and we don't. Are we upset that many European nations are now respectable in basketball? No. You should be truly happy that soccer is becoming a true international sport, as it increases competitiveness, and encourage other peoples who might be just starting to catch the bug. :aureola:

P.S. Even IGN calls it "FIFA Soccer 08"

NjD00 said:
Wii_smurf and others like him: You should be truly happy that soccer is becoming a true international sport, as it increases competitiveness, and encourage other peoples who might be just starting to catch the bug.
Becoming a true international sport?? Soccer has always been a true international sport. It is played by more countries than any other sport and its World Cup actually features countries from all continents, unlike the USA's Baseball 'World Series' for example.

Ive always preferred Winning Eleven/Pro Evo to FIFA as they always seemed to play more like the real thing but hopefully one of them will be at least decent on Wii.

Sure, the world cup has and does include international teams. Although, 25 years ago I would venture to say that most people in the US didn't give a damn about soccer, yet the US has been playing in the world cup since 1930. Now, a growing percentage of people care about and enjoy soccer, and that is what I would call "becoming" more of an international sport.

Btw, when the term "World Series" was coined, MLB in the US was pretty much the entire world of baseball

raisinghelen said:
Becoming a true international sport?? Soccer has always been a true international sport. It is played by more countries than any other sport and its World Cup actually features countries from all continents, unlike the USA's Baseball 'World Series' for example.

Ive always preferred Winning Eleven/Pro Evo to FIFA as they always seemed to play more like the real thing but hopefully one of them will be at least decent on Wii.

Back