Find a Wii - Tips, Tricks, Helpful Links

Awesome!!!!

This thread was a lifesaver! I was actually tracking auctions on eBay since I couldn't find any when I decided to check the Gamestop backdoor entrance for the 1000th time. It listed a store that had one in stock, and I was lucky enough to make it there in time to get it before it was gone. It wasn't completely accurate, since it listed a store as having 1-3 in stock for a few days even though that store said they were out. The one listed today was accurate though, and I'm so happy!!!!!!!!! Thank you SO MUCH for the tips, Mercinary. You ROCK!!!! :D

Finally!!

Got mine today. iTrackr is a life saver. Been looking for weeks and not willing to pay the scalpers on ebay and amazon. Finally found a target who got a shipment of 7 in last night...2 left by the time we got there. Thanks for the tips.

iTracker

How reliable is iTracker actually? I looked up a gamestop in my area, and it said that wiis were in stock, yet when I called they said that they had none in stock. What Should I do? Should I listen to iTracker, or the salesperson at gamestop? please help

iTrackr

Listen to iTrackr but always call before you go. When I got mine today, iTrackr told me target was in stock and it had updated within the last 3 hours (look at the color code) When I got there they told me they got a shipment in last night of seven and by the time I got there, there were 2 left. One of 2 things probably happened.

1) Gamestop was already sold out by the time you called. They are STILL selling like crazy. Usually sold out within hours.
2) There are some stores iTrackr just misses. I've found that it's not as accurate with gamestop as it is with other stores.

What I would suggest is looking every morning and your diligence will pay off. Check the next couple days and see if that listing changes. That will tell you if they sold out or if it's just inaccurate. Hope I helped

the backdoors don't seem to work anymore and itrackr seem to not work for where I live every place has been in stock for about a month now >.> theres a Comp USA thats been saying in stock for 132 days and Targets saying 60 days. All the places are either not in stock or in stock for a long time and none of the places that says in stock have any in stock.

Last edited:
itracker

Itracker told me that wiis were in stock for my local target, but when I called they said that their last shipment of wiis was a few months ago. Are the people in the store lying? or is iTracker just not accurate?

finding a wii

does anyone know of any stores that have/will have some wiis soon in the Burlington MA, Manchester NH, or Nashua NH are? replies greatly apprescialted.

Just wanted to say thanks, I've been trying forever to get one and Finally got one today. I wouldn't have gotten one without the gamestop backdoor, and it's almost impossible to click fast enough to catch just a console at online retailers. I got to Circuit City.com 4 times right when they went on sale but by the time the actual check out page loaded it was gone(I have Cable internet). So anyway, Thanks again.

Hello everyone. I'm new here and desperately looking for a Wii...for quite a few months now. I live in Deptford, NJ and work in Marlton, NJ (I can get to local stores in Marlton at lunch time). I signed up for Itrackr but I don't want to get text messages and it doesn't give me the option of not getting them. Anyway, if anyone knows of anything in my area, let me know. I'm going to a local gamestop today at lunch to try my luck!

Hello everyone.

I just came across this website this AM looking for any advice to find a Wii for my kids this Christmas. I started last week looking at every shopping website I thought existed and downloaded widgets to help out too. I have to admit, I've been consumed by this effort for the past 7 days . . . until today.

When I found this website and read Mercinary's post I started right away and went to the iTrackr and the GameStop backdoor websites. Bottom line, I found my Wii!!!!!

I found the Wii via the GameStop backdoor site and called the store that showed it had 1-3 units available. I called the store to make sure they actually had the brand new Wii the site said they had, and they did. I made the 30 minute drive and got it!

Thank you Mercinary and others who posted in this thread.:smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
Hi all,

Just came across this site, as I am now activly looking for a wii.

Talked to a few people at several different best buy stores today, and they all confirmed that this sunday's ad (11/18) shows them as getting wii's in stock.

Like I said, I heart this from two different stores, so it may be work checking out.

Mercinary and everyone else, thank you for the tips and hints!

I was able to find a wii at GameStop today. The GameStop backdoor helped a lot... the stores showing a new shipment soon got a shipment today.

Thanks for all the help.

Bump. Just added the wiialerts.com link to my original post. If other folks have suggestions for other tools/websites to add to this post, please PM me.

-Merc

Back