First details of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
we show him Grim Fandango 2?" That's the question I'm asked as I walk into Lucasart's suite at CES, and everyone laughs. I don't laugh, because that joke IS NOT FUNNY; it's like they showed me a kitten and then killed it. But we are going to see Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, and in terms of impressive use of Force effects, this is above and beyond anything we've seen in previous games.

"Every time you hit that face button, we want you to feel that power," I'm told as I watch one of the Lucasarts employees show off Force Unleashed. I'm not allowed to do a full preview, but I can say that the game is fast and mean; the force powers do some crazy things, and the play is impacted by the physics in amazing ways.

You try to pick up a StormTrooper and he grabs onto a crate while screaming. You yank up on him with the Force again, and both the 'Trooper and the crate fly into the air. The force powers and the physics get even crazier; if you force push a metal door, it twists and deforms realistically. Some of the other things that stood out:

The main character, the secret apprentice of Darth Vader, is played by Sam Witwer, BattleStar Galactica's Crashdown
He holds his lightsaber behind his back in a way that looks very unorthodox but pleasingly menacing, and also allows players to see the entire lightsaber since the camera is always behind the player.
Boss bottles will be huge in scope, including a Rancor fight. There will be God of War-like button-tapping sections at the end of the battle, but it will only be for more points; you won't lose a battle by missing a button press
There will be character and lightsaber customization, although you won't be able to dual-wield or have dual-bladed lightsabers
The Wii version of the game will include a two-player duel mode where you can show off your lightsaber skills against a friend in the same room.
The PSP version will contain classic scenes from other Star Wars movies with the more over-the-top force powers of Unleashed
I was very impressed by the game; it looked great and the Force powers really brought home the idea of this evil, dominating character. The game is currently in alpha and planned for a summer release.

here the linkhttp://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/01/10/ces-a-look-at-star-wars-force-unleashed-not-done

this game looks sick. i hope it turns out awesome for the wii version

No dual wield and double bladed sabers is kind of disappointing. Hopefully they can leave all the physics in the Wii version intact.

I'll be buying this if the wii-remote is incorporated well and it has decent graphics, although I'm expecting this to be a fluke, at the moment.

I'm still waiting for some details on the Wii version (besides the already known ones). I'm not a big graphic whore, but the Wii version will need to keep the physics and destructable surroundings. This games still sounds pretty awesome and I will more than likely be getting it.

The problem is that no trailers or screenshots has even been released about the Wii version. Heck the homepage doesn't even have the Wii listed as an available platform yet.

yeah it does look awefully promising but so did indy 500 and soulcalibur legends

Back