Follow No More Heroes Reviews On Gamerankings

What ever happened to personal opinion. A games reviewer is still human, they just get paid to play the games and write THEIR opinion.
I can still see this game being fairly shallow, and the graphics, while stylistic, are fairly bad. Itll give you a great rush for a while, especially with its controls and over the top style. But I'm sure IGN is right for once, the game is just too shallow, and kind of repetitive in nature, its as if it needs to be 'opened up a bit more...'

No More Heroes 2 anyone?

OK OK ENOUGH PEOPLE! jeez atomheart heres what i want you to do i want you to pick up no more heroes or rent it and you specificlly (i probably spelled that wrong) play that game and and the minute you beat it, you jump on wii chat and taklk about no more heroes cause like they said every other reviewer has given nmh a better rating then 7.8 so those reviewers outwiegh ign. Now who in the hell said a 7.8 is a bad score i think its a solid score. One more thing someone go onto igns website and post the good and the bad from ign, and in there they will see they say this, quote: the game is a must by for hardcore gamers but its also a good game if gamers dont mind some of the hiccups in the game. So ign said it was a must buy for hardcore gamers its just ign wanted to see more activeness in the overall world and acouple other things but for wii hardcore fans it is a must buy.

i do find it a bit funny that we've completely forgotten to argue about the suck or lack of suck of a game but we are now debating the importance of the reviews of the game.
I'm one to trust reader reviews more than reviewers anyway, and i that as much advice from gamespot as much as i trust what i just left in the toilet.

That said i will be buying this game tonight and think it'll be fun, i could be wrong, but i've wasted more money on stupider items before.

kyle

When I watch/read game reviews...i dont only look at the final number. I look at what they are talking about. See, they can add up all their scores and give something a seven, while I see the same things but give it a 9 because different things are important to ME. Thats what makes me buy a game. Not just what IGN says. I never buy a game only based on a review. Thats called ingorance.

Oh, and 7.8 out of 10, is a 78%...all I know if...in college that'll get you a degree! I'll pick this game up!

Secumfex said:
I normally look up the average ratings on metacritics.com .
http://metacritics.com/games/platforms/wii/nomoreheroes
It's at 87 there, too. You can read the short rating descriptions there, too.

IGN clearly whines too much about the graphics. I'm very very surprised it got 90 from Gamespot though.

Well, IGN also complained about the following:

1. Game is very buggy and appears to be unfinished (beyond just the crappy graphics too).

2. Major framerate and collision problems.

3. Overworld is barren and basically pointless (also very buggy, etc.).

4. Gameplay gets very repetitive and tedious (with the exception of boss fights).

They say that the only bright spot for the game are the boss fights, which are quite good. But, in reality, how much of the game is comprised of boss fights? According to Gamespot, the game lasts only about 12 hours (or less if you rush through it). So what do the boss fights account for? Maybe 2 hours? So the game has 2 hours of good gameplay?

To be honest, based on what IGN actually wrote in the review itself, I'm REALLY surprised that it got a score as high as it did.

Now I'm waiting to hear what the players say. So far, they've all been rather negative (on this forum at least).

Yes, but they also say things like:

"it certainly has its fair share of quirks all around, but it deserves to keep its place in the libraries of the more serious Wii gamers"

"No More Heroes is in a league of its own stylistically."

"Once you actually gain enough cash to enter into a ranked fight, the experience is extremely rewarding"

"And while the combat is pretty simplistic in its design, we really can't stress how fluid, intuitive, and rewarding it is, as the game stays extremely fast, the camera work and pacing of battles is almost cinematic, and the situation-based motions help to keep the tightness of combat you get with button-based games, while still being extremely rewarding with motion worked in."

"There’s a point in No More Heroes where you realize that even despite all its shortcomings you’re still having a great time playing the game, and we won’t deny that aspect."

So those were some of the goods things said.

Of course, there was some bad. But what game doesn't have bad aspects of it? I think for the most part it seems like a solid game even with some flaws. And even has the IGN reviewer states, its still fun with the flaws...

Back