Follow No More Heroes Reviews On Gamerankings

nic7

Wiichat Member
Aug 22, 2006
Iowa, America
Wii Online Code
8853-1952-9704-6115
With No More Heroes launching today, almost every reviewer that's left in NA is releasing their review to inform people on whether or not to buy the game..

Gamerankings tallies up these reviews and compiles an average. So far that Average is at:

So, now that the "official" reviewers are beginning to come in, I for one would say it is time to buy this freaking game.

(Watch this space though. I'm sure IGN's review and others will come in by the end of the day)

Last edited:
Hell yeas!!! Gamepro gave it a 9.0!!!

Face it - it's going to get rave reviews Atom!!:wink:

"Sorry LucasArts, but the bar for the next Wii Star Wars game has just been raised through the roof..."

Last edited:
awesome imma watch Attack of the Show and Xplay for anything about No More Heroes, XPlay wil probaly review it today so imma watch it. hopefuly it gets 5/5

im most likely getting it. i will get it on the 30th. cant wait to read the ign review.

Have to wait until tomorrow to get this game, nowhere had it in yet.
Glad to see it getting good reviews, some people on here were firm haters.

IGN gave it a 7.8.

Last edited:
xplay gave it a 5/5 at least they gave it good credit unlike IGN 7.8 psssh
i probaly wont be getting it cuz of its rating. nd no saying anything

zap'em up said:
xplay gave it a 5/5 at least they gave it good credit unlike IGN 7.8 psssh
i probaly wont be getting it cuz of its rating. nd no saying anything

You got a link to this "xplay" website?

So you guys are just going to ignore the only review site that really matters--IGN?

The problem is that you guys have invested so much hype into this game that you can't be realistic in your assessment of this game. The reality is that it is NO WHERE near as good as you guys WANT it to be. Read IGN's review (both the review and the second opinion) if you need more evidence.

I can guarantee that Gamespot (the only other site worth anything) will confirm IGN's low score with an even lower score.

But you guys sure are free to choose your own reality by adhering to the overly-optimistic scores on the crappy review sites.

PS: Since when did you guys trust Gamepro? Just when they give the scores you want? Let's review their history:

MP3 - 4.25 (LOWER than No More Heroes...really?)

Mario Strikers - 5! (Higher than MP3 and RE4)

Mario Party 8 - 4.5 (Higher than MP3)

Trauma Center: Second Opinion - 4.5 (Higher than MP3)

Boogie - 4 (LOFL!)

Still trust them? The rest of the review sites on Gamerankings are complete jokes.

Last edited:
Atomheart said:
So you guys are just going to ignore the only review site that really matters--IGN?

The problem is that you guys have invested so much hype into this game that you can't be realistic in your assessment of this game. The reality is that it is NO WHERE near as good as you guys WANT it to be. Read IGN's review (both the review and the second opinion) if you need more evidence.

WRONG - WRONG - AND WRONG!!

A GENERAL consensus is what makes the game good OVERALL. If you got 100 gaming sites reviewing a game in the 9s and you got ONE review it in the 7s, we should all think the game is overall a 7?? NONSENSE!!

Atomheart said:
I can guarantee that Gamespot (the only other site worth anything) will confirm IGN's low score with an even lower score.
:lol: Spoke a bit too soon on that one!

And it is more logical to ignore one review site then to ignore all but one review site.

Reviews are just opinions anyways...

Atomheart said:

Gamespot gave it a 9.0.

And had this to say about the good and bad.

The Good
* Joyous, stylized action that's as awesome to perform as it is to watch
* Terrific use of motion controls
* High-concept story and bizarre characters deliver plenty of drama and mature humor
* Lots of small details and gameplay detours to keep you engaged.

The Bad

* Frame rate gets erratic
* Side missions are too short.

So one bad review by IGN..the "only" review site that matters can be overlooked. 9.0, 8.2, 9.4, 8.9 etc. whatever the numbers, 7.8 was the lowest.
Still averages out nicely.

Shaderhack said:
WRONG - WRONG - AND WRONG!!

A GENERAL consensus is what makes the game good OVERALL. If you got 100 gaming sites reviewing a game in the 9s and you got ONE review it in the 7s, we should all think the game is overall a 7?? NONSENSE!!

No, no, and no. You have to consider the quality of the reviewers, right? The rest of those on Gamerankings are jokes.

So, lets say Roger Ebert gives a movie 1 star, but 5 reviewers in 5 crappy backwater, local newspapers give it 5 stars?

Is it a 5 star movie or is it more likely a 1 star movie?

Atomheart said:
So, lets say Roger Ebert gives a movie 1 star, but 5 reviewers in 5 crappy backwater, local newspapers give it 5 stars?

Is it a 5 star movie or is it more likely a 1 star movie?
Roger Ebert is an old hag. I doubt he has the same tastes in movies as me.

Reviews are OPINIONS. Different people like different things, which is why you shouldn't limit yourself to only one reviewer.

Back