Follow No More Heroes Reviews On Gamerankings

CantGetAWii said:
Gamespot gave it a 9.0.

And had this to say about the good and bad.

The Good
* Joyous, stylized action that's as awesome to perform as it is to watch
* Terrific use of motion controls
* High-concept story and bizarre characters deliver plenty of drama and mature humor
* Lots of small details and gameplay detours to keep you engaged.

The Bad

* Frame rate gets erratic
* Side missions are too short.

So one bad review by IGN..the "only" review site that matters can be overlooked. 9.0, 8.2, 9.4, 8.9 etc. whatever the numbers, 7.8 was the lowest.
Still averages out nicely.

Hmmm...that's interesting. They must be advertising the game right now, (wasn't someone just fired from there for giving an advertised game a low score?). Or is that just they cynic in me?

Regardless, I expect many of you to totally disregard the Gamespot review like you you've been saying you would up until now. Or do you only accept high scores from them and ignore their low scores?

Atomheart said:
No, no, and no. You have to consider the quality of the reviewers, right? The rest of those on Gamerankings are jokes.

So, lets say Roger Ebert gives a movie 1 star, but 5 reviewers in 5 crappy backwater, local newspapers give it 5 stars?

Is it a 5 star movie or is it more likely a 1 star movie?

Your rationale is all muffed up. What makes Gamespot, IGN, or any other big name review site have more "quality"? It's still just a "person" giving his/her opinion on a game..

Look, stop making yourself look foolish and just get off the NMH-haters club. If you don't want the game to succeed, well.. you failed..

Atomheart said:
So you guys are just going to ignore the only review site that really matters--IGN?

The problem is that you guys have invested so much hype into this game that you can't be realistic in your assessment of this game. The reality is that it is NO WHERE near as good as you guys WANT it to be. Read IGN's review (both the review and the second opinion) if you need more evidence.

I can guarantee that Gamespot (the only other site worth anything) will confirm IGN's low score with an even lower score.

But you guys sure are free to choose your own reality by adhering to the overly-optimistic scores on the crappy review sites.

PS: Since when did you guys trust Gamepro? Just when they give the scores you want? Let's review their history:

MP3 - 4.25 (LOWER than No More Heroes...really?)

Mario Strikers - 5! (Higher than MP3 and RE4)

Mario Party 8 - 4.5 (Higher than MP3)

Trauma Center: Second Opinion - 4.5 (Higher than MP3)

Boogie - 4 (LOFL!)

Still trust them? The rest of the review sites on Gamerankings are complete jokes.
To be honest.....all those people making the scores all have their opinions....it doesnt change the fact that when we play it...it wont be any different...

As a matter of fact...i thought Sonic Riders was a great game when you really play it...the "GC version"....but Ign gave it a 5.5 and lord knows what the other reviewers on different websites gave it...

We're not trusting any website....WELL IM NOT....i know i can speak on my own behalf....but everyone has their opinion......if all of the reviewers from different websites have different opinions with different scores that averaged from 7.5 and up...."YOU WOULD BE SAYING THAT IS A BAD SCORE...IS THAT NOT RIGHT? OR AM I MISTAKEN?"

Atomheart said:
Hmmm...that's interesting. They must be advertising the game right now, (wasn't someone just fired from there for giving an advertised game a low score?). Or is that just they cynic in me?

Regardless, I expect many of you to totally disregard the Gamespot review like you you've been saying you would up until now. Or do you only accept high scores from them and ignore their low scores?

Look who's back peddling.
No one said they would ignore Gamespot's review, where was that said?

CantGetAWii said:
Look who's back peddling.
No one said they would ignore Gamespot's review, where was that said?

About half of this forum has said time and again that they don't trust Gamespot reviews for Nintendo games period. I can assume that the same goes for this game as it is a Nintendo game, no?

Atomheart said:
About half of this forum has said time and again that they don't trust Gamespot reviews for Nintendo games period. I can assume that the same goes for this game as it is a Nintendo game, no?

we're not all the same people, sure some people might not trust them....but a lot of people don't trust ign, because they tend to give nintendo higher scores than third party

Why is it your goal to bash this game?

Atomheart said:

:lol:

Keep fishing for straws bro.. you are bound to find another negative review somewhere out there to go along with IGN.. :scared:

Atomheart said:

Yes, Gamespot has been unfair in judging most Wii games.
And everyone has taken every review in, but you have to understand..all the 9.0's and 8.2's etc. outweigh the one 7.8. And most people had their sights set on getting this game anyways, no matter what the outcome of the reviews. They just talk about them because people like yourself make immature threads saying you did this/that.

What you don't understand is how much reviews are different and don't really matter. IGN, usually very kind to Wii games gives it a 7.8. But Gamespot, the Wii hater gives it a 9.0. See where the madness is, so reviews need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

CantGetAWii said:
Yes, Gamespot has been unfair in judging most Wii games.
And everyone has taken every review in, but you have to understand..all the 9.0's and 8.2's etc. outweigh the one 7.8. And most people had their sights set on getting this game anyways, no matter what the outcome of the reviews. They just talk about them because people like yourself make immature threads saying you did this/that.

What you don't understand is how much reviews are different and don't really matter. IGN, usually very kind to Wii games gives it a 7.8. But Gamespot, the Wii hater gives it a 9.0. See where the madness is, so reviews need to be taken with a pinch of salt.
Agreed....i couldnt have said it any better...o'le pal

Atomheart said:
No, no, and no. You have to consider the quality of the reviewers, right? The rest of those on Gamerankings are jokes.

So, lets say Roger Ebert gives a movie 1 star, but 5 reviewers in 5 crappy backwater, local newspapers give it 5 stars?

Is it a 5 star movie or is it more likely a 1 star movie?

just because some game reviewers arent very big or popular duznt mean they dont know how to play games and say how they felt about the games. i think reviewers taht arent in companies taht just review it by themselves have the same view as us, because they know what people want, however IGN and other big game reviewers dont. so i'd say their reviews count

Atomheart said:
So you guys are just going to ignore the only review site that really matters--IGN?

The problem is that you guys have invested so much hype into this game that you can't be realistic in your assessment of this game. The reality is that it is NO WHERE near as good as you guys WANT it to be. Read IGN's review (both the review and the second opinion) if you need more evidence.

I can guarantee that Gamespot (the only other site worth anything) will confirm IGN's low score with an even lower score.

But you guys sure are free to choose your own reality by adhering to the overly-optimistic scores on the crappy review sites.

PS: Since when did you guys trust Gamepro? Just when they give the scores you want? Let's review their history:

MP3 - 4.25 (LOWER than No More Heroes...really?)

Mario Strikers - 5! (Higher than MP3 and RE4)

Mario Party 8 - 4.5 (Higher than MP3)

Trauma Center: Second Opinion - 4.5 (Higher than MP3)

Boogie - 4 (LOFL!)

Still trust them? The rest of the review sites on Gamerankings are complete jokes.

DUDE i've seen the game play from the bike rides to the boss fights and every thing in between. WTF is a review going to tell me that I have not seen with my owns eyes! I mean read the review and you will see THEY, IGN feels it needed more polish as in more crap on the streets and no side missions. Frame drops what ever man... it still looks fun!

All of this and it still has some of my favorite character designs this year in it!

I mean what are you winning any way Atomheart? I just don't understand why you believe we have to not like this game? Let me guess you live in japan?

Shaderhack said:
Doesn't work dude. You got a link?

not up on the site yet but i watched it last night and their final review was No more heroes lol saving the best for last. and they gave it a 5 outta 5 stars. u can take my word for it. idk when their gunna get it up on teh site

Back