Kamikaze

Certified Public Asshole
Nov 15, 2006
Chicago, IL
Wii Online Code
1130-2954-1680-3052
Credit: 1up.com

controllers-ps3-thumb.jpg

A NeoGAF post pointing to a GT Planet post raised our eyebrows at the possibility that Force Feedback (an Immersion-patented tech [the rumble guys, remember]) would not function on Sony's PS3. Force feedback response control is a big deal to racing fans and fans of Sony's Gran Turismo series are likely jonesing for the fifth installment of the game with a slick FF wheel.
Sony Computer Entertainment America confirmed that there would be no supported force feedback technology with its PlayStation 3. They told 1UP the following:

All PS3 games are programmed for the SIXAXIS which doesn't have force feedback, therefore the force feedback in the wheels won't be recognized.
No word this time on whether there will be a racing wheel that supports "leaning technology" where the SIXAXIS motion-control functionality can be integrated into a wheel. We're joking, but it's through tears.

gran Turismo 5 should be a smash if its taking to the GT tradition of out-making the last GT. Heres to hoping.:yesnod:

P.S. I have all Gran Turismo games, so even if i dont get the crappy PS3, i will get Gran Turismo 5 just for kicks...:crazy:

Yea. this really dissapointed me when they didnt put rumble in the controllers. But thats cause they went and copied nintendos risk. I think most people would of rather had rumble then motion.

I sure would have, lol.

I really don't miss the rumble on PS3, though. Without it, it makes the controller light as hell.

Plus, accuracy in shooter games increases without rumble.

I never had the heart to turn it off.

SuperH said:
I really don't miss the rumble on PS3, though. Without it, it makes the controller light as hell.

Plus, accuracy in shooter games increases without rumble.

I never had the heart to turn it off.
I cant stand light controllers, i like SMALL ones, but not light ones, esspecially for Gran Turismo...

Its just a nice thing to have:mad2: , but i guess since so many of you agree with it, then SONY DOO GOOD!!!:drool:

ha sux for them

even though its impossible to feel the rumble in the wii remote all though i guess they didnt want it to fly out of peoples hands

It never even slips out of mine, maybe the ones whose hands their slipping out of should get more strength in their hands, damn all these LAZY gamers, not the fit ones though...

Sovieto said:
ha sux for them

even though its impossible to feel the rumble in the wii remote all though i guess they didnt want it to fly out of peoples hands

what are you talking about? it roars and rumbles like a beast at times.

i hear it more than i feel it

i know its there but its hard to feel it unless your hand is in the right spot

maybe its just me,.

unlike 360s dual ones, if you place a 360 controller on a surface and it rumbles it makes this huge sound from it banging on the surface xD

Sovieto said:
i hear it more than i feel it

i know its there but its hard to feel it unless your hand is in the right spot

maybe its just me,.

unlike 360s dual ones, if you place a 360 controller on a surface and it rumbles it makes this huge sound from it banging on the surface xD

Yea, i remember that with GC Controllers. But i find the rumble in the Wiimotes pretty good, like u dont feel it too much(or at all) with like gun firing on FPS atm. But most other things i usually feel somtin. (and ya u can hear it big time, especially on Red Steel when u die....:tard: )

PtonJalken said:
Yea, i remember that with GC Controllers. But i find the rumble in the Wiimotes pretty good, like u dont feel it too much(or at all) with like gun firing on FPS atm. But most other things i usually feel somtin. (and ya u can hear it big time, especially on Red Steel when u die....:tard: )
i recall that huge noise from when you die xD
but i think another reason why they didnt make the rumble so big is because of pointing accuracy

Back