FPS online games!

i think it'd be cool if they somehow got Halo from Microsoft and used it to make it for the Wii... that'd be so awesome!! :idea:

im waiting for some old school rail shooters like the ones you used to see in arcades. also want a new Time Splitters. they'd be cool online because you could do online co-op or both play the same mission but compete for a higher score.

ms is not stupid enough to sell halo
so there will be no wii+halo ever

but there might be mp3 with online(high possibility)

Nintendo is really annoying about online games and we probably won't see a FPS online game on the Wii for a whole year. I wish EA put battlefield 2142 on the Wii online. I love that game

oh, i know that, im just saying it'd be a really sweet game with the wiimote and stuff..

There could be ATLEAST one online fps this year in Metroid Prime 3 (unless its pushed to 08). I know its not a true fps, but if its online, it will be. Its also not confirmed

Also, a third person shooter like strategy game called Battalion Wars 2 will be one of the first 3 or 4 online games. Its been confirmed that you can play online co-op and have 4 player wars with each seperate player controllering there own army with land, sky, or seas. Sounds much better than the original. And i liked the original.

LOL i was kinda hoping of a Red Steel 2 online.. i pwn at the game lol we always bring it to my aunts on the big screen and have a big tournament.. and i snipe them everytime like 10-1 or 10-0 LOL

psychogd92 said:
Nintendo is really annoying about online games and we probably won't see a FPS online game on the Wii for a whole year. I wish EA put battlefield 2142 on the Wii online. I love that game

I've been wishing that the whole time too. If that happens that would be the sickest. Damn that sure would kick some major ass.

I personally don't see the point of online FPS's for wii... they'll happen and they might be good but because of the huge leeway for difference in skills using such a control method it would be unfair to some, or just generally awkward. if you want a good online FPS, get a half-decent PC, steam, and get some shooters off of that, because the steam "platform" has online nailed...

I'd love to see some. I mean, when I first heard about the Wii, I was frothing with images of Online FPS for it.

I wonder though. If a game is bloody enough, would there be a need for friend codes if it had online play as well?

Actually, I'd just love to have a Time Crisis bundle pack including 1, 2 & 3, along with other arcade shooters. *sigh* One can dream huh? T_T

wiitard101 said:
i think it'd be cool if they somehow got Halo from Microsoft and used it to make it for the Wii... that'd be so awesome!! :idea:

I really hope you were drunk when you wrote that.

I hate MOST FPS, like halo its so repetive, overrated, and theres so many darn expansions and "add ons" the gameplay sucks. All it really has is online play and petty graphics. Sure enough though the wii will have an online, hopefully metroid. Reggie said that it would be delyaed much farther to make sure its the best metorid game ever. Chances are it will be online, and metroid online = one happy wiitendo

If there is a Red Steel 2 coming (there is ;)) I REALLLYYY think there will be online. We need a WWII shooter online. We still have Brothers in Arms Double Time coming out in Q3, I doubt that it will be online but it's possible. We may also still be getting MoH: Airborne. Nintendo Power said we were. I doubt it.

Back