FPS online games!

Wiitendo said:
I hate MOST FPS, like halo its so repetive, overrated, and theres so many darn expansions and "add ons" the gameplay sucks. All it really has is online play and petty graphics. Sure enough though the wii will have an online, hopefully metroid. Reggie said that it would be delyaed much farther to make sure its the best metorid game ever. Chances are it will be online, and metroid online = one happy wiitendo

lmfao, halo could possibly be the least repetetive game that Ive ever played. Dont deny it dude, its one of the best series' ever created. Its okay if you suck at halo :thumbsup:

LevesqueIsKing said:
lmfao, halo could possibly be the least repetetive game that Ive ever played. Dont deny it dude, its one of the best series' ever created. Its okay if you suck at halo :thumbsup:
I also don't think Halo is THAT great.
It's overrated IMO, still a good game, but overrated.

Also, this should be in the online forum or games forum.

Homesrfan said:

Same here FPS's are fun but there's a point where you've explored everything sure at first you stand up screaming when you get killed but after 20 hours your don't even care there are much better games that can be online okay well acctually there really isn't

Homesrfan said:

I agree.

When Halo 2 came out and they were talking about dual weilding, everyone freaked the freak out. There were already quite a few games that let you dual weild weapons. Heck... most other FPS games have bots in them, yet neither of the Halo's do.

I always have a bad habit of comparing other FPS to Perfect Dark for the N64. Perfect Dark had sooo many weapons... and secondary functions. Tons of different bots to play against or with, and a lot of levels too. Even could make your own style game, customize your character and bots. Change the music for the stage and quite a bit more.

Ack sorry... remembering Perfect Dark got me carried away.

i honestly dont think the wiimote makes a good device for a shooter, it lags a bit. Honestly for fps stuff i would rather they bring back the original nes gun that can have the numchaku hook up to it.

Shiftfallout said:
i honestly dont think the wiimote makes a good device for a shooter, it lags a bit. Honestly for fps stuff i would rather they bring back the original nes gun that can have the numchaku hook up to it.

i'd prefer the wiimote to be honest....

The wii mote doesn`t necessarily lag, it depends on your tv, the setting you have for sensitivity, and the game itself. You have to adjust the sensitivity to fit your tv, and certain games do lag, but that`s just the way the game is built. I`m sure in time, or with enough time to work on it, they will be able to develop an engine that is fairly responsive and accurate. And even if there is a little lag, so what? I seriously doupt it would still be slower than analog sticks. You just have to get used to the delay that is in the game. I remember when I first got my wii I had trouble aiming for letters on the browser, and now it`s easy. If there is a lag in an FPS I`m sure you can get used to it pretty fast, probably faster than analog. It`s just that we`ve all been playing with analog for so long that it`s hard to imagine certain games without it.

But I will say that the nes gun with a nunchuck plugin is an awesome idea!

Its easy to remember the FPS fun that we have all had on other systems . And we wonder wether the Wii can re-create that same experience . Why ? That was then and this now . I hope developers are busy designing control systems to maximize the hardware .
To me the Wii-mote smacks of FirstPersonShooter .I love how the aiming reticle is always live . And how you can't let go [thumbstick/mouse] for a steady shot .
These are my thoughts on control set up .
1. Make the fire deadly . Like the first Ghost Recon on the Xbox where one well placed shot would kill .Then offset that by making it harder to hit anything when not looking through the weapon sights .
2. A cover system like R6 Vegas , with a progressive peek/lean out on the nunchuck . Also stance / jump and roll handled by the nunchuck .Move by analogue stick .
3. How about this . Make the bounding box small to nil with a hyper fast scroll when the cursor is at the edge of the screen . Use C to fire . Then use Z to scroll lock .With the screen still (scroll lock ) point the cursor to a quadrant and press A for quick actions or B then A for drop down menus .
What kind of game play
I imagine a tatical shooter , that uses the same fighting principles found in Full Spectrum Warrior . Where anyone caught out of cover without supporting fire is toast .
And the four "F's" of Brothers in Arms . Find , Fix , Flank & Finnish .
Think what you may of my 'little' rant , but the long and the short of it all is think the Wii-mote has a lot of potential for FPS's .

I didn't buy my Wii for FPS games. FPS games are best played on the XBOX360. IMO:D

Good thing your opinion doesn't count for much huh? FPS can be great on any shooter but I think they have the potential to be especially great on the Wii. Red Steel was all the evidence I needed to see how just how much more fun it is to point and aim at the guy I'm trying to kill. It make its so much more interactive and you actually feel like you're holding a gun. Not to mention rumble is so KEY. Thats one feature that makes all the difference and poor sony couldn't even get that right.

Halo's only good online everybody knows that. The first one was geat but the second one lacked majorly except for the fact you could play online. The first one had a great story and innovative gameplay. However the second one was just repetitive and the story wasn't as immersive. I like to compare it to the Matrix series. The first was great and the sequels pretty much sucked except for one or two cool little parts. And by the way...Microsoft does not own Halo. Bungie does. That's like saying Sony owns Jak and Daxter. Doesn't really make a lot of sense.

dude they have the wii gun which they are hinting at using in resident evil.
If it'sonline multiplayer omfg best game ever.

Back