Gamecube contoller or virtual console controller?

sl2obel2ts

WiiChat Member
Mar 20, 2007
I got a wii few days ago. I just played wii sports, my gf keeps complaining how her arm is so sore. she wants to play oldschool games or maybe gamecube games.

I know that vc controller wont let you play gc games. If I do not play that, which is a better choice? How compatible is GC controller with VC games? I saw 2 GC controllers on ebay going for less than 20 including shipping while VC controllers are 20 + tax retail each. :rolleyes:

welcome to the forums, and pick up that deal! the Game Cube Controllers aren't that bad, you might need the Classic Controller down the road for games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl (even though it hasn't been officially announced). but pick up that deal and start from there.

the short answer is get the classic controller if u are getting only vc games
gamecube controller if u wanna buy both vc and gamecube games

if you have or planning on getting any gamecube games u need the gamecube controllers either way. i have a few gamecube games and 2 gamecube controllers. its okay but isnt the best controllers for all the systems and the classic controller is better but its not a necessity.

i started a thread on alternatives to classic and gamecube controllers

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii...ort-exploit-wii-ps2-nes-snes-controllers.html

I got a question, since I jsut got wii, Do I have to get SD card? If i plan to download some vc games? it seems save fine w/o any sd cards...

the SD cards only used for picture,music,movies playback then if you fill up your memory on the wii you can toss you VC games on the SD card too...

as for controllers most vc games tell you what type of controller it will use some say classic,wiimote,or gamecube some will play with all 3 of them

but for gamecube games you need gamecube controllers i dont think they will really become rare to find, they may have discontinued gamecube but the wii is a gamecube and you need all the accessories to play the wii/gc so i think they will drag out gamecube a while longer in the form of the wii.... games and accessories will probably still pop out for GC your just gonna need the wii to play it

u dont need a sd card but u can find a gig sd card for 40 bucks

its cool to put pictures and mp3's on it and some games like excite truck can play a custom sound track off the sd card

I just bought the Classic Controller for 20€ last saturday (still in box) and yesterday I saw a GC controller (CONTROL3) for 15€.
Now, I have second thought seeing this tread.

Should I return it and get the GC controller? I think the CC is great as you don´t have a cable.
I am not sure, but can you play GC games with a CC?

Thx

there is also wireless gamecube controllers... and you will need them for the gamecube games...

hes right
a. u need gamecube controllers 2 play any gamecube game
b. if u want a wireless controllers they do have wireless gamecube controllers

Wii games= wii mote, rumors or gamecube,or classic in the future

GameCube games=Gamcube controller

VC games= Classic,wii mote,gamecube it will say on the game before you download it what controllers will work with it..

so in the end your probably going to need all of them if you plan on buying all these types of games, good news is the classic and gamecubes can be had for 20 bucks or less now... bad news is this is just the start, they will have a gun,gloves,guitar,probably bongos... who knows nintendo has always had a thing for controllers nice thing is alot of times if the game requires a new controller to play it... they will include atleast one with the game... and most will be add ons to the wiimote so they probably wont be much more than 20 bucks each if not less... its just adds to the fun of the gameplay its what makes nintendo nintendo...

I heard the rumor about the wii gun that would b so much fun

I can’t wait till new things come out

wezeles said:
they will have a gun,gloves,guitar,probably bongos

I read ddr and guitar hero plan to come out for the wii as well.
u might b able 2 use the dk drum game on the wii

there is also a way to convert nintendo power glover to the gamecube through a adaptor u can find at http://retrousb.com

The classic controller seems cool but I already have the gc controllers.

Does any1 think the classic controller still worth getting even if you own gc controllers?

they seem more comfortable. I mean its hard to run in super Mario world with the button lay out of the gc controller but its still playable im sure it effects some games more then others.

Last edited:
illmasaki said:
I heard the rumor about the wii gun that would b so much fun

I can’t wait till new things come out

I read ddr and guitar hero plan to come out for the wii as well.
u might b able 2 use the dk drum game on the wii

there is also a way to convert nintendo power glover to the gamecube through a adaptor u can find at http://retrousb.com

The classic controller seems cool but I already have the gc controllers.

Does any1 think the classic controller still worth getting even if you own gc controllers?

they seem more comfortable. I mean its hard to run in super Mario world with the button lay out of the gc controller but its still playable im sure it effects some games more then others.

well guitar hero has already been anouced to come out so ya they will have some type of guitar... they will have a gun, and there were some pictures of gloves... not the power glove but acctual gloves for boxing games etc.. you can already use the donky kong bongos on it through gamecube, aswell as any other gamecube controller.. but im sure they will come out with more DK bongo games being they sell pretty well... and who knows if they use GC controllers like rumored for SSBB they might also come out with say a stearing wheel for mario kart etc.. nintendo has always made a bunch of controllers.... im just woundering if they keep the current gamecube controllers on the market or just sell off what they have and make a new wifi or wireless controller that will work with both wii and GC games.. would seem the smart thing to do... people want wireless now might as well make a new version of the wavebird or something if they arnt going to attach to the wiimote in some way...

all the games i downloaded for VC so far will work with any controller but each one does it better... for first gen consoles the wii mote works best you dont need more than 2 buttons... for 2nd gen the classic works best and for the n64 games the GC... so in the end if you want to keep it easy on yourself you might as well get them all... the only really expensive one is the wiimote but your going to need them anyways and hopefully the price just drops soon for them...

sl2obel2ts said:
I got a wii few days ago. I just played wii sports, my gf keeps complaining how her arm is so sore. she wants to play oldschool games or maybe gamecube games.

I know that vc controller wont let you play gc games. If I do not play that, which is a better choice? How compatible is GC controller with VC games? I saw 2 GC controllers on ebay going for less than 20 including shipping while VC controllers are 20 + tax retail each. :rolleyes:

Her arm hurts from what she did for me last night.

Back