Gamecube games

wii.thao

WiiChat Member
Dec 5, 2006
Is there a proper way to shutdown gamecube games on the Wii?
I just bought a controller, memory card, and new gamecube game so that my nephew can play pokemon xd. However, for some reason, it's not saving correctly.

Whenever I save, it says the save was successful. However, the next time I start it, it says the save is corrupted; it thens restores it, but restores to an earlier save. So basically, starting the game over and over from a previous state.

Big.
I'll end up saving at like 3 hours into the game.
Then the one it'll be able to recover is like at an hour or so.

Yeah that's not normal I think.... Well the way I know how is to have the Wii Remote and then hit the home button and go to the Wii Menu. That works for me....

The wiiremote doesn't seem to respond whenever i am playing a gamecube game hower. It lights all four lights, but it doesn't respond. So, my only was of doing it is to press the power button.

okay i know its scary to read the manual but please try it some time. backward compatibility with the gamecube for the wii means that you have to use a gamecube controler(wiimote/classic will not work properly) and to save you need the gamecube memory card. The wii's internal memory/sd will not save it...i'm surpised that you saved anything. yep i know it sucks and no I don't know why or if this/or when it will be fixed in the future.

pettybo said:
okay i know its scary to read the manual but please try it some time. backward compatibility with the gamecube for the wii means that you have to use a gamecube controler(wiimote/classic will not work properly) and to save you need the gamecube memory card. The wii's internal memory/sd will not save it...i'm surpised that you saved anything. yep i know it sucks and no I don't know why or if this/or when it will be fixed in the future.

"I just bought a controller, memory card, and new gamecube game "

Yeah, real nice job telling him to read the manual when you didn't even read his post. Yup.

:)

Well, this is very odd. I was wandering, if anyone else here have pokemon xd and is playing it fine on the wii?

I don't have the Pokemon game but I have the same problem with Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. I can play through just fine but about every couple of saves the saved game gets messed up. Then I have to go to an older save and replay parts of the game. I can tell it's messed up because after about 20-30 seconds it acts as though I've died and pops up Retry or Quit. Other times I notice it because it reverts me back to the sword you start with or the save point you saved at is missing. Wish I knew what causes the problem. I'd probably be done with the game by now if I didn't have to keep going backwards. I only have 1 other GameCube game and it seems fine saving to the same memory card.

Sounds like a lemon on Nintendo's part. I can save fine on my Wii, at least for the games that I've played (Mario Kart, SSB, MP2, MP1, Zelda). Can it be a faulty memory card? Have you not been ejecting the game? Sorry I couldn't be more help... good luck.

I have no idea. I bought the play on gamecube memory card. 4mb from toys r us. It was the only one there at the moment. I don't know of the quality, but it was 10 bucks. It could be why. Does anyone have any? or have this particular brand?

If not, are you guys using the official nintendo memory? Or what other good brand is there? I never had a gc, so I have no idea.

Last edited:
I would try it on a different game. If it does the samething you might want to format the memory card and try it again. If still nothing contact Nintendo or the company who made the memory card. Wish I could help you better....

the price and brand might have somting to do with it? i duno :S

I'm using the Nintendo Gamecube Memory 1019 which was purchased from Amazon.com for $20. Looks like it's $30 now. I'm going to borrow a game from a friend and try it out and see how it goes.

Back