GameStop Question, kinda about the Wii

85T/A350

WiiChat Member
Apr 14, 2007
I just bought a Wii today and need to get a game. I have some Xbox 360 games I can trade in. My question is how much store credit i could get for these games. This may need to be in the 360 forum but no one is in there and this is about the Wii more or less.

FarCry Instincts: Preditor (Xbox 360)

Quake 4 (Xbox 360)

MLB: 2K6 (Xbox 360)

Kameo (Xbox 360)

Call of Duty 2 (Xbox 360)

Perfect Dark Zero (Xbox 360)

WSOP: TOC (Xbox 360)

ilovemywii said:
why dont you just take you games to gamestop and find out?

I will tomorrow, I was just wanting to know around about what to expect.

ilovemywii said:
why dont you just take you games to gamestop and find out?
Actually, Nintendo just finished it's Fiscal year (they had stopped shipping ANY systems, did ya also notice how a lot of stores were short on DS Lites also?) now that it's the "New Fiscal Year" they are comming out again, as fort the trade in question, honestly, I don't have the trade in values in my head lol)

85T/A350 said:
I just bought a Wii today and need to get a game. I have some Xbox 360 games I can trade in. My question is how much store credit i could get for these games. This may need to be in the 360 forum but no one is in there and this is about the Wii more or less.

FarCry Instincts: Preditor (Xbox 360)

Quake 4 (Xbox 360)

MLB: 2K6 (Xbox 360)

Kameo (Xbox 360)

Call of Duty 2 (Xbox 360)

Perfect Dark Zero (Xbox 360)

WSOP: TOC (Xbox 360)

It really depends on how much you bought them for. So, could you tell us how much money were all the games, if you remember, because I traded my DS/DS games for a PSP in EB Games [aka. GameStop] and I got half the credit. OH, and it also depends on how old the game is! :]

jbach42 said:
Actually, Nintendo just finished it's Fiscal year (they had stopped shipping ANY systems, did ya also notice how a lot of stores were short on DS Lites also?) now that it's the "New Fiscal Year" they are comming out again, as fort the trade in question, honestly, I don't have the trade in values in my head lol)

I am wondering why did you type all of that?

trading in games is such a loss in money. you pay $50 for a game and they only give you like $10 store credit....those are crackhead prices

ilovemywii said:
trading in games is such a loss in money. you pay $50 for a game and they only give you like $10 store credit....those are crackhead prices

Yeah, Ive thought about that. 90% of these games I bought brand new for $65. I figure i might aswell trade them in though, all they do is collect dust.

my biggest tip on trade ins is to not expect very much. most the time you wont get half of what you paid total unless the games came out within a month of the trade in, i'd say, but this is just my opinion, that you will get about 65-100 $ of store credit

Stranger said:
my biggest tip on trade ins is to not expect very much. most the time you wont get half of what you paid total unless the games came out within a month of the trade in, i'd say, but this is just my opinion, that you will get about 65-100 $ of store credit

Somewhere in that price range is what I am hope for. Im expecting less so not to be dissapointed.

I went to GameStop to day and they gave me $79. With that I bought Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow for the DS, and reserved Resident Evil 4 for the Wii.

85T/A350 said:
I am wondering why did you type all of that?
because someone was speculating about nintendo maybe canning the Wii in favor of a Wii 2 because of lack of Wii's available, I was explaining why they were in short supply

85T/A350 said:
Yeah, Ive thought about that. 90% of these games I bought brand new for $65. I figure i might aswell trade them in though, all they do is collect dust.
like anything else ya buy, trade in values drop for a few reasons (time since the game came out, how many of that particular title have allready been traded in) when a new game is traded in, initially the value is usually half what it cost (i.e. a $50 game trades in for 25-30) as time passes the trade value drops, another factor is if the game , well, sucked lol, those usually don't trade in well either

Back