GameStop sucks rant...

NS_Tr4mpld

X-NSider
Sep 17, 2007
Let me start by saying GameStop sucks.

I went to go buy a Wii game and all I get is a guy shaking his head. Why? Because I am buying a Wii game of course. I guess that's not the right choice.

Then later I was asking about the new 360's because I wanted to know if the new models still had the red ring of death problem, My brother just got his ring after only 6 months and was demanding a new 360 from Microsoft, he didn't want a refurbished one.

So after I asked about the red ring of death I get a smirk and the kid starts rambling about how if you don't leave your 360 on for 72 hours straight you won't ever have that problem... he said he had his 360 for 3 years and never had a problem, he even said his was used...

How in the world did he get his hands on a used 360 three years ago? I was lost for words. This wasn't the first time gamestop employees made me lose credibility. Every time I go in there they try to push some kind of crap on me and it's annoying. I used to like the gamestops by me but now they are all stocked with a bunch of fools.

Thats is just stupid. 360 didn't exist 3 years ago....dumbass...

Gamestops everywhere are filled with idiots.

I've been in verbal fights more then once at numerous ones around town because their employees cant keep their personal opinions to themselves. Plus the **** they pulled during the wii/ps3 release for black friday was the worst thing i have ever seen. They told this kid they had 3 ps3's and 20 wii's in the back room waiting to be sold on friday (They told him this on thursday). Friday rolls around, were all standing outside in the cold waiting for them to show up at the time they promised they would be open. Which was 6 a.m.

6 rolls around, and nobody has shown up to open the store. 7 rolls around, same thing. Then finally 9:30 and they all show up, and dont speak a word to us all standing outside. We wait another 30 minutes for them to open the door and we get inside and they tell us "I dont know why you guys are standing outside, we dont have any wii's or ps3's.

Worst thing i have ever seen.

Gamestop should be shut down, they are officially retarded.

I'm not blaming all Gamestop employees, but most of them are a pain in the ass. They're usually teenagers who think they're hot **** because they work at GameStop. The have bad attitudes and (mentioned above), they lie.

I should go work their(although they don't seem to exist in quebec....) and revolutionize everything xD

Mr.Herron said:
Gamestops everywhere are filled with idiots.

I've been in verbal fights more then once at numerous ones around town because their employees cant keep their personal opinions to themselves. Plus the **** they pulled during the wii/ps3 release for black friday was the worst thing i have ever seen. They told this kid they had 3 ps3's and 20 wii's in the back room waiting to be sold on friday (They told him this on thursday). Friday rolls around, were all standing outside in the cold waiting for them to show up at the time they promised they would be open. Which was 6 a.m.

6 rolls around, and nobody has shown up to open the store. 7 rolls around, same thing. Then finally 9:30 and they all show up, and dont speak a word to us all standing outside. We wait another 30 minutes for them to open the door and we get inside and they tell us "I dont know why you guys are standing outside, we dont have any wii's or ps3's.

Worst thing i have ever seen.

OOOOhhh man... Worst almost got a Wii story I have ever heard. I shed a tear for ya buddy. :O

I reserved mine, it was actually the luckiest thing that has ever happened to me. I didn't even have my mind on the Wii until one day I was at gamestop getting a DS game when the guy tells me they were starting to take reserves for the Wii the next day. I couldn't believe it cause I actually had the day off and I work 6 day weeks... I stood outside for an hour in line with my bro and we got the first reserves along with 10 other people that were the last ones fir the first shipment. I got so lucky.

I prefer EB Games. Idk, the stores just seem to have a nicer atmosphere. They are cleaner and all the employees seem relatively nice. (At least where I live) They usually know what they are talking about too.

Krusnik said:
I prefer EB Games. Idk, the stores just seem to have a nicer atmosphere. They are cleaner and all the employees seem relatively nice. (At least where I live) They usually know what they are talking about too.

EB = Gamestop

Even if it is Gamestop, they are never mean with me..

Yeah, that's why I pretty much exclusively buy my games online... well that and the closest EB games has an employee with the largest manboobs I've ever seen. They jiggle when he talks. No thank you.

I once got into an argument with a Gamestop employee when Final Fantasy XI came out onthe PS2. She wouldn't sell me a copy unless I bought a keyboard with it, because she was tired of grouping with people who didn't have them. WTF?! Even after I calmly explained to her that I had a USB keyboard at home, and didn't need to spend $25 on a useless POS she refused the sale. From that day on I haven't stepped foot in a gamestop.

I just go in those stores and buy w/e i need. I try not to get into conversations with those retards...

Personally, I would have just done something about it. Be all like.
"if you don't sell me my god damn game, i'm going to get you fired"

Okay, okay, okay, never been in the place, probably never will. I'm one of those people with sense to buy online and preorder, which should soon take over little game chains around the country.

What you're getting here is what the staff were employed to do, some cases are just rudeness but others are a marketing strategy, they try and make it personal and are all "Oh, I have one of those at home, it's amazing!" but obviously saying the 360 was released three years ago was a stupid mistake, then he just dug himself into his own grave.

Evidently, people don't strive for a life to work in game stores, it's probably just people who are looking for a bit of cash to buy something nice once in a while, they have no patience, it's like working in a dead end job.

I have never ever bought a game from the store simply becaose of all the offers online, except of course for that time I raced a bunch of little children to Pokemon Diamond on release day (and won, by the way.) But, yeah, I suggest you go for online companies that are much more reliable and cuts out the middle men.

Back