GameStop sucks rant...

i just get some creepy ass guy looking to buy NHL 08 as well as me in there.
walk in with my mom...creepy dude comes in

*takes of sunglasses and sees NHL 08 on the shelf*
Creep -"AHHHHH there it is! NHL 08!, is that what your here for?"
Me - "yupp"
Creep - "good man. gooood man."
Creep - "so you ever play the other ones online?"
Me - "yupp"
Creep - "whats your GT?"
Me - "Number1Newb"
Creep - "hmmm never heard of you...ive managed to play over 2500 games online so ya know" (proves he has a life...sarcasm.)

*me and my mom leave walking to the car talking about creepo...*

Mom - "I bet he was some sort of petifile."

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA! most interesting things that happened to me at gamestop...

I would love to work at a game store for a living, or like something of gaming in general....

D S said:
I would love to work at a game store for a living, or like something of gaming in general....

Oh there's so many jobs in that field, you could just even be the delivery kid. :p

But, really, do you know what sort of people you have to deal with when you walk into a gaming store? Sending mothers into a world where they never ever venture, the mind of a young teenage male, they're hardly going to come out with something satisfactory. Understanding those women would just boggle me.

I hate gamestop, I only go there when I buy used crappy games and sell
them on ebay for a little extra cash.

That story about the wii/ps3 line is crazy.
I woulda bopped those prepubscent employees if I were you.

I got my used Naruto:CON2 from EB games...and it didn't evne come with the original case! it came with a "Gamestop" used/buy 10$ or more promotion case!

Hmm seems we have nice employees in Ohio, never had a problem with them, might be because of age differences

Marioman said:
Hmm seems we have nice employees in Ohio, never had a problem with them, might be because of age differences

No the kid was an ass... He would say the same thing to someone 70 years old without a thought about it afterwards. He was your typical kid with no life besides video games and the internet. He probably boasts every day that he works at gamestop.

I actually used to like the gamestop by me. They had some pretty cool people till one day they just fired the girl manager, then they fired the main manager... Now the only people that work there are the ones that just want you to reserve everything and subscribe to game informer. It's sad really.

I can understand it though to a point...
Well I can completely understand it because I make money only through commission so I am that jerk that won't stop till you buy, I just don't think a game store should be that way. And at the same time I wouldn't go as far as some of these kids go and they probably make only a couple bucks with their bonuses.

I find EBgames is really nice.....very. I'm not impressed by getting a used game, without the right case >___>

there are 8 game stops that are all about 30 min from my house but i only got to one of them because the store owner there is a wii owner and keeps me up dated on the wii and what games are coming and i reserve them ... i like gamestop ...

i have 2 gamestops within an hour of me and the one gamestop thats closer to me has really nice awesome employees who can tell you whatever you need to know but the other one has a bunch of fat lazy people in it and if you ask them questions they just give you a yes no awnser and send you off so not all of them are bad

Wow my EB games tell me everything I want to know. Weird about GS though. There was a Madden Release party in a Texas GS and the Wii setion was covered by a large sheet and atable for autiographs of some player. Why not the middle of the store!!!!!

I enjoy gamestop. never had bad service, never any snide remarks (except the day i bought my wii, the guy said "..why?" obviousy an xbox fanboy. oh and then he goes on to tell me how his girlfriend makes him play wii sports with her) im always in there browsing and if i ask "whats a good game for X system?" theyll each give me their personal opinions and its helpful.

Never had any issues with the 3 Gamestops here in Columbus, OH. In fact, when I bought my copy of RE4, the guy behind the counter told me it was a good choice. I've bought PS2, PSP and Wii games there with no snide remarks from fanboys.

Back